Ratings for Dr. Peter J. Dirksmeier

I agree with this Dr.'s horrible attitude toward people with weight issues. I am a pleasing voluptuous women, I can keep up and out do most skinny women younger then me. BUT this Dr. judged me without so much as an x-ray, told me I did not have a herniated disc and within 5 minutes dismissed me. i went home in shock of his arrogance and complete lack of care for the amount of pain I was in. Then i got mad and called his office abd told them if I was not given an MRI and suffered ANY damage from his quick subpar examination, I would seek legal help. With in two days I had his "permission" but it took another two weeks for the insurance. The MRI showed I had not one but two herniated discs, one of which was pretty severe. Yup, he was thorough alright, NOT! He did not listen to me because compared to him I knew nothing, after all, I was just another overweight lazy women. Ha! I've been a hard working women since the age of 16, I have been a single mom of a special needs child and I have worked my butt off in AND out of the home my whole life. This Dr. may have many successful notches on his belt but think how good he could be without that judgmental holier-than-thou demeaner. He certainly misdiagnosed me, all because of the way I looked. Shame on him!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Dr. Dirksmeier performed hip replacement surgery for me a few weeks ago. He was thoughtful and thorough in the discussion and exam pertaining to the need for this surgery. He was also very kind and easy to converse with. I highly recommend him and his staff.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Articulate, thorough, skilled, supportive, and compassionate, Dr. Dirksmeier guided me through a three year journey. He did not push surgery for my deteriorating hip, but, instead, helped me process with a series of proactive alternatives. Time and again, Dr. D. assured me that I would know when I was ready for the replacement. While I knew I had a very skilled surgeon, I also took ownership for my own physical, mental, and emotional preparation. He reinforced the fact that we were a team and we both had to be prepared in the best ways possible to have a success replacement, rehabilitation, and recovery. I never felt any question was too insignificant during my appointments and his patience and time were abundantly evident. Today my life is greatly improved because of Dr. Dirksmeier.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

He saved my life when I was told I was terminal from epidural abcess. I got sepsis and he never gave up hope. I owe him my life.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2015

Scared to see him. Saw him a couple years ago and he blamed my lower pain on my weight. Now I have to see him for a herniated disc in my upper back. Great! Hope I don't get treated as badly! Been in pain for three weeks.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

I went to Dr. Dirksmeier for a chronic/acute back issue. During a visit he discussed possible surgery the 2nd time I saw him. The 3rd time I saw him he stated that I should continue conservative care and if it took a turn for the worse to call him. A short time later, I was not better and the pain level had increased substantially. I called to make an appointment to see him and they refused to make an appointment(have never ever heard of such a thing) and his office staff said the only thing they could offer is a referral to a physiatry practice. I am confused though as how we went from "we could try this and let me know if it takes a turn for the worse" to "there isn't anything I can do for you and have will not see you". After talking to numerous people at work, I heard of the reputation that Seacoast Orthopedics has developed ........ This practice and/or doctor wouldn't get a recommendation from me and unfortunately for them, not for many others either.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

Dr was only concerned about my weight problem and was very rude and treated me like a idiot . I went to him for help not a lecture on how to live my life . I was in the process of losing weight for a upcoming gastric surgery when I injured my back and hoped he could do something so I could continue my weightloss . Dr said he does not like that surgery it was for lazy people and hadn't I ever seen the show the biggest loser . When I told him I had started a weightloss program through another hospital that had a gym and trainers and I had already lost 65lbs in 5 months he smirked and said that's not a real gym and I needed to join the Works and work out everyday . Dr has is ignorant to people with weight issues and is a complete ASS but that was my opinon . Dr did set up PT in the pool at rehab 3 but if I were you reading this I would find a Dr that cares for people and doesn't judge them or downgrade them because they are notperfect like him.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2013

I had surgery for a herniated disc on October 31, 2011. At my first appointment he explained to me and showed me what was wrong, and what a herniated disc is. He was very kind and pleasant. He listened to me, and when I asked about physical therapy he said it could try it. Physical Therapy didn't help. When I decided to have surgery, he explained the procedure to me. He even made arrangements to have me seen by a visiting nurse and to have home PT. He explained that the disc could herninate again in the future. it that happens I will definitely go back to him. Yes, there were a couple of times I had to wait, but when he discharged me from the hospital, he said if I needed him to call and he would see me right away. So those times I had to wait was for a good reason. He also does not rush through your appointment. He gives plenty of time to ask questions.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2012

I am also surprised by the negative comments on this review. Dr. Dirksmeier kept me from having to have surgery on a broken neck and back. He paid close attention to every detail and and followed me through every step of my recovery. His office staff is helpful and courteous and my appointments were always on time.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2011

This doctor is wonderful and a great help. For all who gave negative reviews, how can I take you seriously if you can't even spell? At least he is more intelligent than you will ever be!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2011

Dr. Peter J. Dirksmeier's Credentials

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

GHI