Ratings for Dr. Aaron J. Porter

Saw Dr. Porter in Dickson, TN. Great guy. Very personable and experienced. Had a cataract evaluation and he explained my options very clearly and took ample time to answer my questions. Scheduled me for surgery the following week, and I am very happy with my new vision. My cataract is gone! Thank you Dr P!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016

I went to Dr. Porter after another surgeon in Nashville totally blotched my surgery by putting in the wrong powered lens during my cataract surgery. Dr. Porter fixed the problem and I can see 20/20. Dr. Porter is great, and I highly recommend him. Great experience from the beginning to end. The staff is very nice, too.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016

No wait time and Dr. Porter told me I won't need surgery! So happy I went in for a diagnosis.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

It's amazing how a few people with negative experiences can affect a doctors rating online. Dr. porter is terrific. As good as an eye doctor you can find. You're in good hands with Dr. porter.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

Seems to be knowledgeable, but much too busy to really seem to care about the patient. He comes across as getting you in and out as quickly as he can. He often leaves you with questions left unanswered. He does not ask a lot of questions; it seems he expects you to tell him everything. Sometimes patients don't really know what to ask or what to expect. I felt like my service was adequate, but lacking in the personal touch.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2012

flag | Submitted May 29, 2011

Too big of a hurry, doesn't want to tell you any options, any information and office is dirty. Makes you feel like you are on an assembly line and no thought given to individual need or care.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2009

Porter is too arrogant to admit he doesn't know something so instead of referring to specialists, he fakes it, leads to harmful decisions and doesn't give you the truthful information that you need to make an informed decision, yes, the appointment is easy to get, you just end up with less sight and wishing you hadn't gotten the appointment, won't listen when you tell him you are having a problem after surgery, doesn't follow up with testing to see what the problem is ,,,,,,, head is in the clouds , he thinks he is great, he isn't

flag | Submitted May 24, 2008

I have found Dr. Porter to be a good doctor, and one I would personally recommend to others. He has always been honest with me, and refers me to the specialist who comes in from Nashville for my retina problems. Never have had a problem with him or his staff. Good doctor.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2008

performed unwarranted surgery without disclosure of complications, lied about experience, tried to cover up mistakes , wouldn't listen and did the procedure he wanted without acknowledging patients status. When complications and vision loss happened after he did everything wrong, he tried to cover that up.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2008

Dr. Aaron J. Porter's Credentials

• University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

Top Hospitals in Glasgow, KY