Ratings for Dr. David T.W. Wong

I was excited to see Dr Wong in hopes of solving some long term issues and the positive reviews really gave me hope. However I was mortified meeting this doctor. The other negative reviews about Dr Wong being a bully, belittle, condescending were exactly what I got. Instead of the 'empathetic' doctor, I was talked down to the whole time, balked at for having 'no real reason' to be there, and essentially told to come back when I had 'real' trauma. He put words in my mouth and pressured me to give the answers HE wanted and refused my own thoughts on possible ways to help me move forward. Dr Wong also spent most of our time going of on only vaguely related tangents so be warned. And at the end he didn't even give a polite goodbye, I thanked him for his time and for seeing me and was waved off with a disinterested, grunted dismissal. I felt sub-human, horrified, and frustrated. I could see where maybe he was once a good doctor, but now he is exceedingly arrogant and his attitude towards those looking for help leaves a lot to be desired. If you can, find someone else.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2018

This Dr is an arrogant excuse for a human being ! My husband has been seeing him for a year . He feels worst, drained and degraded every time he finishes a session with this Dr. He talks about his trips he takes instead of directly handling why my husband is there. He yelled at me in front of other clients in the waiting room and I’m not even his patient! He threw papers at me and made my husband feel useless !! This is a Dr that should never have a license !! We are looking for a new Dr as one year of this bullshit and my husband has gone backwards mentally instead of forward!! I would NEVER recommend this Dr!! Quak!!!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2018

I'm floored by the comments. This Dr wong was able to calm me down with ease when I was at my worst. He would take the time to make sense of my fears and offer rationality to what I was going through. I was highly medicated by another quack I when I met him. He lowered my doses slowly and put me on the road to recovery. I'm thankful for him.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2018

I saw this doctor and he discouraged me. He said he would put me on antidepressants that I have been on already 2x which clearly did not work. His English is poor but he behaves as it is us who make a mistake while talking. His knowledge is not good. He is cocky. I wish I never saw him and I will keep searching for a better one. I felt like being bullied and I almost said to him to relax and leave the office but I let him be. He ruined my day and time because I could have seen a better one in meantime. I saw him 2 times and never again.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

Wong is an abusive bully. He browbeats the patient. He acts like he knows everything while the patient knows nothing and pressures them to take nasty drugs that don't help. His body language is aggressive, cocky and brazen. He's incompetent with a low EQ and poor social skills. His English is awful and has a strong Asian accent. Overall it's an extremely unpleasant, painful, nasty and bizarre experience. Total waste of time and money. The half-Asian receptionist (mid 20s in age) acts like a princess and shouts at elderly Asian immigrants.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2018

He made me feel worse than when I got there. Made me feel like I’m overreacting and I’m not depressed I’m just an average young person with average problems. Completely biased and unwilling to see my side of things. Wouldn’t let me talk just kept blabbing about his opinion and how he’s right and I’m wrong. Terrible. I missed my appointment due to a major suicidal incident and still got a 300$ bill for missing it

flag | Submitted March 15, 2018

very Arrogant Doctor. I felt more insecure after talking to him. He made me frel like I am an idiot. Instead of helping me feel better, he made me feel worse. I am not goingback. I will look elsewhere for a talk therapy because this Doctor is rude and bully!!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

Dr. Wong is very caring, knowledgeable and makes a person really think. He can be blunt, but he's real and kind about it. I have been to a few psychiatrists and he is by far the best I've had. He's not sitting there with pen and prescription...he helps you work through and understand things. I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

I worked with Dr Wong for 20 years. Non of the comments listed below would in anyway describe the thoughtful knowledgeable concerned and empathetic. Doctor of my experience. I would and have recommended him to both friends and family who have all received understanding and care.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2017

Arrogant, rude and borderline abusive POS. Disrespectful to my elderly parents. The receptionist raised her voice at my parents.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016