Ratings for Dr. Flavia Nelson

Dr Flavia was like light at the end of a dark tunnel. Her knowledge and compassion was exemplary. She explained everything in detail which helped me tremendously!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

I have been seeing her for 6 years. She has always been short and rude but at the beginning she would at least respond to attacks. Recently I called the office, I felt I was having an attack after probably 4 years, I had to email the nurse with my pharmacy details in order for me to get my steroids. She did not suggest an MRI nor to come in to the clinic to be seen. She completely forgot about me as a patient. She acts on the phone like she is a hurry and does not want to listen. It's like the patients bother her. When you are doing well she is ok but if your ms is bad she is not your type of doc. I have a medical background and to me she is very weak in her ms knowledge. The RN on staff Scarlet is super nice and helpful but you can tell she is overworked.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2014

Extremely good listener and will return emails almost immediately

flag | Submitted December 19, 2012

I have been going to her for several years and have never had a bad experience with her. She has always listened to what I have to say and answers my questions with compassion.I have also been able to email her with concerns to which she responds promptly/

flag | Submitted June 15, 2011

She was truly wonderful and took extra time to answer all of our questions, she was compasionate and patient, I feel truly lucky to have her as my doctor

flag | Submitted June 24, 2009

I have been seeing Dr. Nelson for years, and while she may not respond to stress well (she has doubled her patient load since I first visited her), she is the first neuro who recognized why I couldn't walk and fixed it. She makes herself available to her patients and responds promptly. She treats MS aggressively but understands a patient's limits.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2009

She was extremely whiney and gripey on the phone. Did not like to answer questions. Seems to feel that others are trying to get something from her even though the questions were prudent and reasonable. (I have a healthcare background.) In person she barked orders at me to take off my adult family member's shoes - no "please." This family member was able to remove their own shoes. She was angry that I asked to be present. Rude. This was a research study. My family member will no longer take part in such studies. She said she would give us info about the study but that never happened. She lost data. Doesn't know what she's doing apparently. I do not recommend going to her either for research (volunteer) or for paid healthcare. We ended up paying for parking that was supposed to be paid for. She didn't exactly tell the truth.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2008

She is truly a horrible doctor. I asked her a question and she actually said that was a stupid question. How am I as a patient expected to know the difference between an upper motor neuron disease versus a lower motor neuron disease? She also barked at me for not understanding her directions, telling me that since I've had neurological exams before I should know exactly what to do without her telling me. Don't waste time going to her.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2008