You may also like

Rate Dr. Samir Grover

Dr. Samir Grover's Ratings

I am so grateful to Dr. Grover. He diagnosed my issue and has treated me with the utmost respect and compassion. If I had listened to my last Gastroenterologist I would be dead now. He has changed my life and I feel safe and confident in his medical ability.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2879538].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Maybe he's had success with others, but I found him to be utterly incompetent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2830154].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

I think he is the best doctor around. I wouldn't dream of going to someone else. He found the issue I had suffered from when other doctors scratched their collective heads and gave up. After identifying it, he fixed it. Absolutely the guy to see.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2702363].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2015

Needs a new secretary - has no idea what's going on. Immature doctor not particularly impressed.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2669332].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2015

Seems overated. Friendly for a doctor but didn't help me and since seen another gastro who was able to figure things out better. Maybe since he's not a jerk people think he's a good doctor or something.

Was this rating useful? 7 [[ userState['ratings'][2665010].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2014

Two years ago, I went to Dr. Grover after years of suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Lactose Intolerance, and suspected Celiac Disease or Gluten Intolerance. I got examined by Dr. Grover who ordered some blood tests to find out if I had Celiac Disease and a colonoscopy to check the state of my colon, since I had an uncle and cousin pass away from colon cancer. Blood tests revealed that I do not suffer from Celiac Disease but I have been left wondering, even to this day, if I am Gluten intolerant, as this was never further investigated. Although he is a very compassionate doctor, he told me that if the Colonoscopy turned up without any issues, I didn't have to worry about having another one done ever again. REALLY?! Well, the examination only turned up that I had a hemorrhoid, which I'm not sure if it was even removed, because this was never clarified, so upon termination of the follow-up appointment, he had no concern of ever seeing me again. Well, my father was recently diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer metastasized to the liver, so really? Should I really never worry about seeing him again??? Especially since I've heard doctors, themselves, state that the disease is genetic. Well, if this doctor is not concerned with my well-being, I suppose I WON'T be seeing him again in future. I'll have someone who is more passionate about his job follow my case.

Was this rating useful? 8 [[ userState['ratings'][2550852].votes_count ]]

Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

Yes he is very nice but my case was not handled well. I broke down in his office and desperately needed a referral to speak to someone. I was not coping and more tests were not the answer. Instead of learning to live with my condition and live well - I ended up going through more tests, hospitalizations, c diff colitis and months of sleeping pill abuse. Dr Grover could have saved me but didn't.

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][842632].votes_count ]]

Submitted Jan. 12, 2014

Dr. Grover is an amazing doctor. He is a medical genius, but unlike Greg House, he shows genuine compassion. He is also a gentleman and a scholar. His secretary Vivian, is very nice and helpful. Cheers from B-Town!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][842631].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2012

Dr Grover is a wonderful, caring doctor who has gone to every extent possible to help me with my medical issues. His team, and the nursing staff at St Mike's are the best in the business. I don't have one complaint, or concern on how I was taken care of during my 5 day stay in hospital. Even though I am still having problems, Dr. Grover is continuing to work with me to find out why I have these problems, and I am certain he will continue to help me until I get better. You will never meet a more caring doctor, and medical team. I appreciate everything he has done for me thus far. Troy Collins

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][842630].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2012

Dr. Grover is a wonderful doctor and gets to the bottom of of your medical problem. I went from doctor to doctor and specialists; he was able to make a diagnosed - Eosinophilic Esophagitis. I was able to eat again. He has the most caring soothing disposition and really cares about his patients. Very skillful. On the other, hand his assistant is rude & abrupt. Doesn't return calls. I only call when I have an issue & it is an effort. I tried to reschedule an appointment; "can I reschedule the procedure" and her comment was: "if you like???" I am the patient and Dr Grover deals in specialty cases so she should have more empathy and is it not her job? She is not doing me a favour... I was crying when I put down the phone as I had been pretty ill. This is not a way to treat patients. However, I cannot praise Dr. Grover enough and what a skillful doctor. St. Michael's is fortunate to have him on their staff. The reception staff when you see him are fabulous. Just praise for them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][842629].votes_count ]]