Ratings for Dr. Kate O'Hanlan

Around 1987-88 I consulted this doctor at Stanford University Hospital in Palo Alto for a routine gyn exam. I was about 26-27 years old. This dr. made lewd, insinuating, sexually insulting, inappropriate remarks about my body while I was on the examining table and already undressed. There was a nurse in the room at the time. After Dr. o' hanlon left the room the nurse apologized to me profusely for her behavior and told me it was very wrong for her to have said these things. I KNEW it was wrong - but at the time I didn't know where to report her. I never went back. I never forgot this disturbing incident and subsequently after 2 other gyns - both female-have also made lewd,sexually inappropriate remarks I no longer go to gynecologists.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2013

Kate is a true find for anyone looking for a doctor that has it all - knowledge, skills, and compassion and understanding. I have had the opportunity to talk to many of her patients about upcoming procedures - and I start my comments out with say - "you are so lucky that you found Kate" - "she will take such good care of you - before, during and after your surgery" - and I mean every word.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

Dr. Kate O'Halan is the best Doctor I have ever seen. I trust her with my life. Thank you, Maria Silveira.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2011

Dr. O'Hanlan is the most skilled and compassionate surgeon that I have had. She performs state-of-the-art surgery to give her patients the best possible outcome. Dr. O'Hanlan regularly operates on out-of-town patients who travel long distances in order to have the best surgeon perform state-of-the-art hysterectomies and other gynecological surgeries. She is meticulous about removing every bit of Endometriosis or malignancy and getting the job done right. I traveled from out of town to see Dr. O'Hanlan for my surgery and it was easier than you would think. Dr. O'Hanlan is very intelligent and focused on providing each of her patients with an individualized surgical solution.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

This amazing doctor has saved my life! Twice now! She's amazing. Totally knowledgeable, caring, compassionate and 100% partners with the patient. Love her!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2011

Dr. Kate is the greatest. I am an FTM transman and she treated me with nothing but professionalism and sincerity. I came through my surgery with no complications and wish all surgeons were as skilled as her. Also the staff @ Sequoia Hospital were great too. My only complaint is her receptionist is as rude and abrasive as they get, but this was 5 years ago so she may have been replaced.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2010

I still have nightmares about my time with this doctor. She told me it was about time for her to have a "blow out" when I was scheduling my hysterectomy. I should have run out the door. She almost sliced my bladder in half, tried to fix it with many, many staples which kept appearing from my vagaina afterward. I had to have another surgery after her work which was still unsuccessful in fixing the problem. I then had to spend two months in bed before the expert at UC San Francisco could repair my bladder. Some months later I had to have a bladder stone removed which had grown around staples in my bladder. Ask her if she can practice at Mills/Peninsula. The answer is "NO". I know of another surgery she messed up causing the patient to lose a kidney. Run, don't walk, away, away, away.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2010

Dr. O'Hanlan is amazing. She is very kind, concerned with your pain levels, comfort levels emotionally as well. Very skilled and I cannot say enough about what she did for me. I was up the same night of surgery, and back to work in less than a week after MAJOR procedure. She is thorough, thoughtful, and is by far the best physician I have ever seen. Her receptionist, I agree is rude, ineffective, and unprofessional. Other than that, the entire experience was a gift from GOD. Thank you Dr. O'Hanlan!!!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2010

Dr. Kate is a kind and brilliant surgeon and an invaluable advocate for the glbt community. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone. My only gripe is that her receptionist, at least when I was there, was beyond rude and unhelpful (both in person and on the phone). Thankfully seeing Dr. Kate was worth putting up with the receptionist, but it was definitely an annoyance.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2010

Kate is a fantastic doctor and physician. She is personable, knowledgeable, and skilled, straightforward and forthright. Can't say enough positives.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2010

Dr. Kate O'Hanlan's Credentials

• Va Commonwealth Univ, Med Coll Of Va Sch Of Med, Richmond Va 23298 (Grad. 1980)