Ratings for Dr. Gary C. Lee

I have serious doubt in his character as a doctor given the fact showing almost no interest in patient's medical condition. Generalizing is his personal practice. Typical example of doctor who only smells money in the pocket than practicing with true ethics. Good luck if you have serious surgery with him. Yep. Luck is all you need as the best advise he can give it to you.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2015

Horrible experience. Arrogant, incompetent, unhelpful. Complained of a rash and a boil on inner thigh. Rash was misdiagnosed as hives (not even close). Barely looked at me, was not interested in what I had to say, and kept asking how long I had tried antihistamines. I asked for a new bandage for my thigh. It fell off before I got out of the office and was given some useless tape. Had to stop at Target to buy a bandage. Waste of time and money and still have a rash.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2013

My elderly father (in his 90's) ended up with a serious staph infection, MRSA because of Dr. Lee. I had taken my father back to Dr. Lee out of concern after a surgical procedure. Dr. Lee said it was fine. My father lives at an assisted living facility--as time went on the nursing staff became alarmed that the incision area was not healing. They called Dr. Lee, who was frustrated by our concern, and said to keep treating the wound with medicated cream. We setup an appointment with a dermatologist at UCI Gottschalk Medical Plaza. It was evident to the doctors that there was something serious going on—immediate biopsy was taken. They found MRSA. He was kept in isolation, away from other residents, because of the seriousness of the infection. Thankfully my father was able to get proper medication and healed. My father has continued going to the wonderful staff at UCI—taking care of many skin problems with simple freezing procedures that Dr. Lee felt could only be done with surgery.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2013

I was ushered into the procedure room and immediately noticed a waste basket at the foot of the examination table filled with bloody gauze pads. I thought about it for awhile as I lay on that table and when I spotted Saviola walking by; I mentioned that I thought that basket ought to be emptied. She sent another person in, who I assume was a nurse. That person asked if I "had a problem" in a not very polite manner. I relayed my concern to her. She said that was the trash and they always keep it there. I advised her that I had figured that out for myself and told her how disconcerting it was to be faced with that bio-hazard upon entering. Her attitude was condescending and I inferred she thought I was naive not to know their "procedures". She did not take the trash away but went out the door with the a parting shot....something on the order of: "this is the first time we've had a issue".I have no problem with the Dr. but he needs to read all these reviews.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2011

These ratings and comments are so right on!! The staff is incredibly rude and ineffecient. So sad... they must not be treated very well and then turn that around and pass on the negativity to the patients.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2011

Every appt. we have been kept waiting, once almost an hour! Then the coup de grace, my husband had an appt. at 4:30 and was still on the freeway @ 4:12. I called to inform them that he may be 5-10 mins. late. Saviola said "he is the ONLY person we are waiting for, hold on." This was an appt. to remove stitches (not to see Dr. Lee) Of course they are waiting, it wasn't even 4:30 yet! She evidently had a discussion w the other person there about how great it would be to go home early so she came back on the line and said "Can he come in the morning?" I said "No, he is on his way, he just MAY OR MAY NOT be a COUPLE of mins late, is that a problem because you have kept him waiting many times? When I got upset she asked if I wanted to speak w the "office manager" Yeah, so I could complain to the person you are obviously in cahoots w about going home early and you two could laugh about how stupid all the patients are! The office girls are UNCARING PEOPLE ONLY CONCERNED ABOUT THEMSELVES!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2010

Dr Lee seems not knowing how his staff is working. They are just too unprofessional.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2010

We made an appointment about two weeks ago. After being told to stay on hold for ten minutes, we hung up and tried again. We finally got an appointment, and we reiterated the time and date to avoid any confusion. We marked the date and time on our schedule right away. When we went to the office, the staff told us that we did not have an appointment on their schedule, and even though we showed up on time, they refused to let us see the doctor until all the other patients in the waiting room had met with him. We wanted to discuss the situation with the ladies at the front desk, but they were rude and continued to tell us that it was our fault for not making an appointment. They refused to take responsibility for their mistake, and instead of dealing with our problem, they continued to chat quietly and giggle, ignoring us. We never got to see the doctor because we refused to wait almost an hour to see him when we had an appointment. First time, terrible experience. Never going back again.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2010

I was very unhappy with this doctor, he didn't listen to anything I told him about my history with eczema and he talked down to me and seemed arrogant.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2010

I will never forget Dr. Lee. Why? Because I have a huge unnecessary scar on my forehead for the rest of my life to remember him by. I had a small mole, I would consider a freckle more than a mole, and he said he thought it might be wise to remove it. He told me there would be little to no scarring. There was an enormous scar because he cut out 5 cms in every directions around my mole. I asked for him to try to do something because it looks terrible and he told me I obviously didn't take good care of my scar... It's been three years and today I have what looks like a bullet hole in the middle of my forehead. DON'T LET THIS BE YOU. IM FURIOUS.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2009

Dr. Gary C. Lee's Credentials

• University Of California, Irvine, California College Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)