Ratings for Dr. Mark Russell Wilford

Waiting 45 minutes for appointment. Doctor promised he would review x-rays, ultrasound and blood test results and get back to me. Never responded for over two weeks. Rude and ignorant toward me and my husband. Acted put out by us asking questions. Wanted to pigeon hole me into one of his diagnosis and to do a biopsy of my thyroid. Went to Pittsburgh and was seen by a caring doctor who listened to our concerns, ran tests and made an immediate accurate diagnosis. Even though UPMC has taken over Altoona Hospital, they apparently have chosen to maintain most of the incompetents which make Altoona a lousy place for healthcare!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

He made fun of me for the way I answered his questions not once, but twice in a mocking and derogatory tone (due to me having to clear me throat and for saying "um"). This was completely unacceptable.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2013

Terrible experience, didn't listen to my symptoms only followed lab results. Told me my thyroid was fine, that maybe I was suffering from anxiety or depression. I described my symptoms to my gynecologist - she ran some tests of her own, i have hypothyroidism. I am now seeing a new dr in Pittsburgh, it's worth the drive to find someone competent.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

I thought he was ok at first. I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia and put on medications. I continued to have problems and was diagnosed 6 months later by the PA at my family physician's office with thyroid cancer. I had asked Dr. Wilford about my thryoid 6 months earlier and he said it appeared to be functioning normally and that my problem was that I needed to lose weight.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2011

Can be rude if you don't listen to his advice. All too often patients expect immediate results while at the same time doing the opposite of what the doctor recommends. He means what he says. Dr. Wilford is persistent in trying to find the combination of medications and or insulin that is right for the patient.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2009

Rude and unknowledgeable. misdiagnosed me, saying I was diebetic, prescribed medication for same and demanded I take aspirin if I wanted to be his patient. I ended up in the hospital with a bleeding ulcer and needed 4 units of blood. The hospital discontinued diebetic medication.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2006

Wonderful Doctor Knows His Stuff You Just Have To Listen To What He Tells You. Very Caring Doctor

flag | Submitted November 18, 2005

no bedside manner, rude and uncaring both to staff and patients

flag | Submitted October 10, 2005

Dr. Mark Russell Wilford's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)