Ratings for Dr. Alicia J. Odum

Best doctor ever! I am very pleased with her treatment 2017

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

Dr. Odum has delivered 3 of my children and I would never go anywhere else. Her bedside manner was the utmost professional not to mention the knowledge she has for OB/GYN. I can't say enough great things about this wonderful gifted woman. She will be delivering our fourth child in 4 months. Thanks you for all you do, DR. ODUM!!!!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2011

Dr. Odum is very skin-color conscious. She passively-aggressively accused me of only being SO in love with my baby because my child has a very fair complexion. This is insulting and weird on her part since I would love my baby no matter what. Also told the hospital that I should see a social worker. Luckily my duty nurse informed me that she intercepted and told them that she didn't believe I wanted to. She was overly obsessed with my baby's light skin. She overall had an odd bedside manner.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2011

Dr. Odum is an excellent doctor and I would refer her to anyone! I was 20 when she delivered my son. Through my pregnancy, I was very nervous, at times disoriented and even embarrassed which is why I'm so thankful for having such a caring doctor. Dr. Odum never judged me or neglected me. She always made time for my questions and smiled to hear about my future plans of motherhood. Sometimes it is hard to find a quality doctor who treats you like a human and not just another case. Dr. Odum thank you again for everything you do and for who you are!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2010

I absolutely LOVE Dr Odum! She is amazing. As many people has commented, the front staff is a different story. I saw one person in Marshall's once, and she was acting CRAZY. When representing a Dr of such caliber of Dr Odum, one should carry themselves accordingly. I was very embarresed for Dr Odum when I saw this front desk associate acting in this manner. Dr Odum if you are reading this, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2009

I was referred to Dr. Odum by a friend of mine who had to quickly find an OBGYN when she moved here when she was over 7 months pregnant. My first experience was when I was dealing with an early miscarriage. Dr. Odum was so compassionate, but not overly compassionate. She was there for me for two subsequent losses as well and was determined to help me find out what was going on. I am currently 3 weeks away from my scheduled induction date and I have had nothing but positive experiences with her office. I don't understand any of the complaints regarding the staff - I find almost all of them to be very friendly. They might not be the most "professional" exactly, but I like the personal feeling I get with them over the coldness of some professional medical offices. The front desk staff recognizes me as soon as I walk through the front door. I love the nursing staff as well. I would definitely recommend Dr. Odum!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2009

Dr. Odum is great! Always sincerely interested in patients concerns. She is VERY knowledgeable. The front desk staff is another story. Here's hoping they will learn some manners and follow the example of Dr. Odum, and be a little more friendlier and professional.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2009

In 2006 I met dr. Alicia Odum, My first thought after consulting with her would be her kindness and interest in answering all questions and concerns I would have. It was my first pregnancy and she made me feel very comfortable. When I gave birth she was there all the way and kept in touch after I gave birth to make sure I was fine and made sure i was doing everything correctly. although I was not satisfied with the staff they were unfriendly (nurses) and some rude, most often some didnt know what was going on. After being treated by Dr. Odum the girls kept me waiting a loong period of time. Overall Im satisfied with my first pregnancy and would always have Dr. Odum as my OBGYN

flag | Submitted November 15, 2008

Dr. Odum is the BEST! I gave birth to a baby girl in 2006. Dr. Odum was caring, kind, gentle, and helpful. Prior to my induction, she made sure I was comfortable with the process, and answered every silly question. She delivered my daughter professionally and uneventfully. My laceration was stitched perfectly. Most people can’t even tell that I ever had a baby! I couldn't be happier with Dr. Odum. I NEVER experienced a long wait or unprofessional, rude staff. I am planning a pregnancy this year and I can’t wait to work with Dr. Odum again! :) Brooke Johnson

flag | Submitted July 22, 2008

Dr. Odum is one of THEE best OB GYN doctors in this area. I was displeased with my first OB GYN in White Oak, so I switched to this practice because it was nearby my job at the time. Initially I was seeing Dr. Berham. One appointment I was scheduled with Dr. Odum, and it was history from there. I wanted her to deliver my son, unfortunately she had to be at the office on his due date. I just found out that I am pregnant again and I am calling the office tomorrow to make an appointment with her! Believe me- she is attentive, caring, knowledgeable- just the kind of doctor you will WANT and NEED through any experience!! R.L.H.R.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2008

Dr. Alicia J. Odum's Credentials

• Howard University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Amerigroup