Ratings for Dr. James W Tieman

My family moved to South Bend sixteen years ago. Dr. Tieman has been great for our family. He found skin cancer during a routine physical . It was treated promptly. Our son served our country serving in Iraq at a truly bad time. We were so over the moon when he came home safe and sound. Oops, we did not recognize how badly he was suffering for too long. We tried to get help for VA. None. I desperately called Dr. Tieman and within a few days he had his first appointment. He is fine. Kidney stones were causing repeated UTI. Dr. Tie an referred me to a specailist. Surgery at Memorial and back on our way. We continue to trust Dr. Tieman with our health.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

I have been seeing Dr Tieman for about 9 years. I am now changing to a different doctor. I am a plus size gal and it seems like all my illnesses are due to my weight, YES EVEN the common cold! Ya know I know I am overweight and I am working on that. But address the problems I have rather than push it off on my weight. I had brought up to Dr Tieman that I may possibly have a thyroid issue...well to pacify me I had bloodwork.. low and behold.... EXTREMELY UNDERACTIVE THYROID! There have been several times I should have kept my co-pay since HE didnt really do anything, but sign a prescription! That is another thing. This doctor is scared to death to prescribe anything other than anti-biotics! SERIOUSLY! I had sprained my ankle, his exact words. Take Motrin! Umm how bout 4 Vicodin so I can at least sleep. NOPE! I'm outta here....

flag | Submitted January 15, 2009

Very good doctor. Doesn't rush you and explains things thoroughly.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2008

Dr. James W Tieman's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)