Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Edward W. Szalapski

I had a shoulder surgery in October. Dr. Szalapski was very knowledgeable and took the time to explain everything from the first consult to the post op visits. My questions were answered and I never felt rushed at my appointments. He thoroughly explained my diagnosis, prognosis and potential treatment options. Because I was very well informed, I could choose the best treatment for me and did not encounter any surprises during or after the treatment. He didn't pressure me to have surgery, which I appreciated. The surgery and rehab went very well. My surgery scar healed beautifully. The entire staff was very professional and friendly: from clinic visits through surgery discharge. I would highly recommend his services and will return to see him for any other orthopedic problem.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2019

Dr. Edward W. Szalapski's response
Hello, thank you for the kind review. We're glad that you had a great experience! -TCO

Submitted December 2, 2019

Great Dr. replaced both of my knees and just did a total shoulder reversal.. Could not find a more careing and informative Doctor anywhere.. Dr. Szalapski preformed total replacements on both my knees several years ago.. he just did a total shoulder reversal which turned out great.. You cannot beat his bedside manner he takes his time and explains everything to me and my family, for which we are all very greatful.. Thank you Dr. Szalapski, you are the best!!!!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2019

Dr. Edward W. Szalapski's response
Hello, thank you for the review. We're glad that you had an excellent experience! -TCO

Submitted November 19, 2019

I had emergency surgery on a bad broken arm and Dr. Szalapski did a great job!!! He shows he really cares and is really genuine!!! He explained everything to my family and was in no rush to leave like some doctors!!! A big thank you to Dr. Szalapski & Twin Cities Orthopedics

flag | Submitted November 14, 2019

Dr. Edward W. Szalapski's response
Hello, thank you for the excellent review! We're glad that you had a great experience. -TCO

Submitted November 19, 2019

Dr Szalapski performed my total knee replacement 3 years ago and my only regret was not having it done sooner. I've been pain free and able to get back into living an active life after my replacement. His staff is excellent as well. Very helpful with answering questions and scheduling visits. Dr Szalapski explained everything in terms I understood. Was always on time with my appointments and answered all my questions. I have recommended Dr Szalapski every chance I get. If I ever need another surgery, I won't hesitate to see Dr Szalapski.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2019

Submitted November 12, 2019

I have been a patient of Dr. Szalapski for a number of years. He is incredibly knowledgeable. He has excellent diagnostic skills, exhausts all options before picking up a scalpel, is a top-notch surgeon, and has really great bedside manner. I have never felt as though I were just a number; he has always treated me as a real person, a patient. He also understands that a person's living situation has a major impact on recovery and treatment. Jessica is great, and every time I've had an emergency and needed to be seen she has managed to get me in. He replaced my knee, then did a total revision after I had a serious fall, then a second total revision after another fall where I fractured and shattered my kneecap. He did an excellent job when he removed my kneecap. I live in AZ now. I was recently in MN for a funeral, and saw Dr. Szalapski for a problem I was having, rather than going to a doctor in AZ. It was easier and quicker to get in, and the level of care was much much better. I would seriously consider -if I needed another surgery - returning to MN to have Dr. Szalapski perform the surgery. I would not hesitate to refer my family and friends to him. I trust him completely.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2019

Dr. Szalapski has done 3 of my surgeries. Excellent!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2019

Dr. Edward W. Szalapski's response
Hello, thank you for the excellent review. We and Dr. Szalapski deeply appreciate it, and are glad you had a great experience! -TCO

Submitted August 19, 2019

Dr Szalapski has done a total knee replacement on both my knees, along with a revision on the right one. I have also gone to him for issues with my thumbs. I trust him completely, as he has done a great job with my knees & is open & honest when discussing options. His Care Coordinator-Jessica, is awesome!! Absolutely love her!! Miss Joe-he was great too, but he retired a few years ago. Always a great experience when working with TCO & Dr Szalapski.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2019

Dr. Edward W. Szalapski's response
Hello, thank you for the kind review. We and Dr. Szalapski greatly appreciate it, and are glad you had a great experience! –TCO

Submitted August 12, 2019

Dr. Szalapski performed a total hip replacement on me three years ago. I have two important things to say. The first is that I am very pleased with the results and thankful to him and his team for all they did to bring them about. The second thing is a word of encouragement to those going through this same experience. A large part of the success I have had is due to the exercise regimen that they gave me to restore the strength and function of my hip. At times you might not feel like following the regimen, but it really pays off.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2019

I had emergency shoulder replacement surgery. GREAT people, great care, and a great outcome! I highly recommend Dr.Szalapski and his Team!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2019

Dr. S. has replaced 3 joints, and all are working as they are supposed to. The staff was pleasant & helpful and I got very good care. Have recommended to others. helpful and the care was

flag | Submitted June 13, 2019

Dr. Edward W. Szalapski's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Edward W. Szalapski, MD, is a general orthopedist who specializes in replacement of the hip, knee and shoulder, fracture care, knee arthroscopy and arthroscopic and open shoulder procedures.

• English

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1984)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal