Dr. David A. Sugar

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. David A. Sugar

Dr. Sugar helped me with a torn acl and a torn meniscus... I followed his instruccions and barely experience pain after the surgery and 3 months later, I'm almost back to normal!!! Quick recovery! He is simply the best ortho that anyone can ask for... Super kind, friendly and very very professional! I love him and wouldn't change him for anything... There isn't anything better than him! If you need an ortho dr. go to Dr. Sugar... That's who you need!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

I showed up for my appointment on the wrong day, but they quickly got me in. Nice people. Haven't had surgery yet so can't rate that.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

First Rate Dr,He is the most caring man,and getting ready for second knee surgery,Staff was great,also

flag | Submitted November 2, 2014

Dr. Sugar was so informative & unpretentious in his explanations of what was wrong & needed to be done. I felt cared for throughout the entire process. Paul R.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

Hreat staff...great team of experts..Have worked with them in a variety of ways, as a health care provider myself. Very knowledgeable, very resourceful, and a wonderderful team of healthcare professionals trying to get the job done. It's all good, and Dr. Sugars's staff has been all good!:)

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

The BEST Dr. I have ever had. Dr. Sugar is the most caring and awesome doctor I have ever experienced. He truly cares and it shows in all of his work. Dr. Sugar was able to schedule an appointment for me the day I called and fit me into his surgery schedule that same week. All of his staff are very nice and professional. I felt like an important person at his office. Dr. Sugar took his time in explaining everything to myself and my wife even with an office full of patients.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2012

I was about to have surgery, and nurse reviewed my medications. One medication I was taking should have been stopped for five days prior to surgery. I told the nurse I was never informed not to take the medication. She paged the surgeon, Dr. Sugar. He said to cancel the surgery. When I returned home I contacted Dr.Sugar and asked how this could happen. He blamed me, and said that I should know all the medicines I am taking. He did not review my chart and had no knowledge of the medicine and it effects. He finally acknowledged that he did make an error, but continued to berate and verbally abuse me. I told him I accept it, and to move on. He would not, and continued to berate and abuse me verbally. He had no regard for my health and well being. I could no longer take the abuse and told him to end the conversation. I now have to find a new surgeon. His behavior was totally unprofessional and out of line. Most of all, he had total disregard for my well being.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2012

A wonderful Dr. who actually listens and cared about my family. Priceless.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2010

Very personable and caring. Has a lot of patience and takes time to explain the problem.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2010

Dr. Sugar is amazing. He has the best bedside manner of any dr. I have ever met and he is extremly honest. I would never see another orthopod unless he referred me.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2009

Dr. David A. Sugar's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)