Ratings for Dr. Karen Raben

If you want a straight shooter, this is the doctor for you. She says it like it is. No fluffy. Her office staff is amazing! Anytime I've called and needed to get in to the see her, the office staff has gotten me in that day. If you are there on time you will be seeing the doctor on time. I've never see an office in Miami run on time like hers. Her office is open on Saturdays which is beyond helpful.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2014

Although knowledgeable, I found Karen to be a bit condescending.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

Dr.Karen Raben is one of the most innovative and caring doctors i have ever met.I give her a 5 out of 5 rating. Lawrence Sosna PhD

flag | Submitted February 23, 2014

I've seen her for years from the early 90's until 2 years ago. She is great and knows HIV

flag | Submitted June 28, 2013

I had the worst experience with Dr. Karen Raben and her staff than any medical professional in my life. I was diagnosed with cancer and needed surgery. My surgeon needed some lab work done before he would schedule surgery. I had the lab work done at Raben's office more than once. Dr. Raben's office could not seem to get the lab work sent over to the surgeons's office. I called, my wife called, I faxed, still no lab results. Finally, I yelled at th office manager and it got done that day. However, I was now blacklisted. A few months later, I was in the emergency room on a Sunday and called doctor Rabin's office on a Monday morning leaving a voicemail for her to call me. I also sent an e-mail. I did not hear from the doctor or anyone from her office for FOUR DAYS!!!! This was after I e-mailed again on Thursday! This is a doctor to avoid and if you do use her, pray you dont get sick and really need her one day. My advise is to use someone else, anyone else.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2012

I've been going to Dr. Raben for several years now and she has to be one of the best Dr's I've ever seen. She is "ALWAYS" on time for the appointments; you never have to wait more than 5 mins., and she is extremely thorough in her tests and addressing the issues. Seeing other reviews, I see people complain about her being rude and cutting people off. She is a dr. who doesn't like drama from patients or silly chit chat, but when it comes to thoroughly examining her patients and giving them conservative alternatives, she is the Best. She is not one to give out meds like their going out of style, she advocates "healthy living".

flag | Submitted April 3, 2012

Dr. Raben was the worst doctor I have ever been too. She had no bedside manner and overall very rude. She told me that my reason for the appointment was not an issue and that I was wasting her time and mine. I could barely get a word in as she ranted about why I shouldn't be there. The only good thing that came out of this appointment is that she reimbursed my co-pay. I will never go to this doctor again. Worst experience ever with a physician.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2011

Dr.Raben came highly recommended - so I have been with her office for the past 4 years until recently. SHe refused to bill my insurance for vaccinations that were covered by Aetna 100%. I was told I had to pay out of pocket - the reason...her office says the insurance company never reimburses her office the full cost of the vaccines. I needed the vaccines for the university so I really didn't have much of a choice. She was also very rude - when i was asking whether I should get the titer or a new shot she stated I am not a waitress what do you want to do. Umm No one should be talked to like this. Her office filed a claim with Aetna and was going to reimburse me whatever they collected (fyi not the full amount) I have only been reimbursed a portion and was shorted $33 on top of what the insurance doesnt pay. How is it that the patient gets screwed? I do not recommend this doctor at all.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2010

I have been going to Dr. Raben for several years because I saw that she had good ratings and was female. I did like her office because it was very clean and organized and so was her staff. However the doctor herself was very mean since day one. I thought she was just a strict doctor, but no, I felt verbally abused. She wouldn't let me finish what I was saying and just yell at me. It was really hard for me with my poor English skills but I tried my best, but she continued to yell at me. She was angry all the time and gave me a lot of stress emotionally. One day she yelled so much I left crying. When I got home I changed my primary care physician.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2010

This office felt military-like. Front office staff were short, and almost rude. Everyone was dry and rushed. On the phone, they insisted my first appointment be in the morning because I needed to fast for blood work. I told them I coudln't miss work. After battling with them, they finally gave me an afternoon appointment. On my first visit, I needed to talk to her about a female-issue; she said she didn't deal with that- go to a specialist. She insisted on a physical exam with blood work. I called to get my results, they said that I had to have an appointment to get results. Let's just say I changed doctors and never went back. Might be knowledgeble but has NO bed-side manner.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2010

Dr. Karen Raben's Credentials

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)

Top Hospitals in South Miami, FL