Ratings for Dr. Mark H. Henry

Don't waste your time!!!! Told me my pain was all in my head OMG!!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

Last visit : I was waiting 2 (two) !!!! hours and saw doctor for 5 min. He wrote in his report what I did not say !!!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

Dr. Henry is a excellent doctor. I have never had to wait more than 30 minutes . His staff does an excellent job. He did surgery on my wrist and I am very pleased with the outcome. My friend who is an occupational therapist highly recommended him to me. I highly recommend him to you!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

I had a personalized experience with Doctor Henry that completely contradicts the negative comments and snide remarks that I have read in other patient’s reviews. I would like to filter the air of the poisonous opinions, with the clarity of my impression. Those of you wondering if you should visit Dr. Henry’s facility: YES, I recommend it if you want healing! Just know that Dr. Henry does NOT have the expected coddling hospitality you see when checking into a hotel or being greeted by the Hostess at a fine dining restaurant! Expect a long wait time: most emergency medical rooms have wait times averaging 2-4 hours! BenTaub=up to 14hrs! BUT if you want to get your arm or hand healed as best as possible, Dr. Henry is the person to go to! Think of the Wizard of OZ: long wait, loud, intimidating, yet misunderstood and the ONLY WAY to get home! First of all, it is hypocritical of people saying how rude and abrasive Doctor Henry was, when the comments made about him are drenched in criticism’s that overwhelm the boundaries of respect. You have no right to debase, badger, and completely mutilate a professional’s character and position. Dr. Henry still healed your wounds but your words against him remain a festering sore to his character. You went to the most accredited arm/hand specialist this nation knows! Even if your emergency situation didn’t give you time for sensible thinking, it DOES NOT give you the right to ridicule! You need to take that sore hand your typing with and slap yourself with some sense! In this note, I hope you learn to tell the difference between someone being rude, as some of you said Dr. Henry was, opposed to someone being direct, which Dr. Henry is. I waited 2 hoursthe receptionist told me it would be about 2 hours! Dr. Henry walked me through his diagnosis, using the x-ray as a visual aid and guide, faced the computer monitor toward me so I could see what he typed as he spoke precise, clear, and direct, and I knew I could TRUST him! Dr. Henry immediately progressed forward after his diagnosed summary, for my sake! Dr. Henry didn’t miss a beat! He was on his A-game: and this was his life! I’m relieved he was like a robot! That encouraged confidence in me because I could see such confidence in him! His system, after years of dedication and refinement, has proven itself successful! It has proven a sure way to heal! He didn’t say bye. And I am EXTREMELY GRATEFUL he didn’t shake my hand! Thirdly, there is ALWAYS a way for criticism to come through in a positive light. The way some of you worded your experience shows a personal frustration taken out on a scapegoat; it wasn’t a patient’s criticism of what could have made for a better experience. Your reality is your perception and you are entitled to what you felt: but the problem is not the problem! The problem is your attitude about the problem! The way you handled it will not get anyone to want to listen. It would cause more resentment! The easiest thing to do is complain, and that is what most of you did! There was no mention of a solution, advice, or recommendation that could help to better Dr. Henry! Rather, you felt personally attacked, and needed to personally attack the Doctor who just healed you! You chose to use the fingers he healed, to type those nasty words against him, for the entire world to see! Shameless, ungrateful, and disrespectful does not get respect in the end! I feel provoked when people use the Internet as a malicious weapon! Doctor Henry was standing in front of you: why didn’t you say anything about your complaint to him? It’s easier to complain while hiding behind your computer. If you told the Doctor that you felt like he was treating you badly, you would have heard yourself sound ridiculous! I refuse to tolerate the nonsense you say against Dr. Henry, knowing he won’t say anything back because he IS a professional! You had a choice in what you said! You could have made things better for other’s coming into the Doctor’s care. Instead, you remained in your personal animosity and caused more damage than good! So I’ll say what you forgot to say because you was too caught up on how “wronged” you were…. ……. Thank-you, Dr. Henry, for taking the time to fix my arm. The infection didn’t set in, there is little to no scarring, and I have fully functioning appendages! Your fast action, confidence in yourself, experience in your field, dedication to your job, keenness to the smallest detail, and steadfast resolution is commendable beyond recognition! You have done the most excellent job anyone could have done because you are EXCELLENT at what you do! Please know all the people who said those malicious things were scared and confused! In their misunderstanding, they failed to see a genius at work! I am thankful I still have two hands that I can put together to pray for them! Thank you for your energy, care, your time, and, most importantly, for your healing.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

Undisclosed charges, records are all on computer so staff spends the whole time trying to figure out how to access files, utter obstinacy when confronted with undisclosed charges, receptionist lies when asked how to contact billing so billing person claims you never contacted them, extreme profiteering off any appliance they sell you without giving you the opportunity to source it elsewhere, Dr. Henry has unprofessional manner to the point of being downright snotty. Accuses perfectly compliant patient of jeopardizing his bone healing by playing sports (person is not even remotely athletic), doesn't listen, talks to the parent and ignores the patient (who is perfectly adult enough to answer for himself), talks over you, doesn't give straight answers to sensible questions. Would never deal with this person in everyday life - why give him your business?

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

Quite frankly, breaking my wrist has been the most painful thing that has happened to me and Dr. Henry and his staff have made the experience infinitely worse. After visiting the ER on 8/29 and being referred to Dr. Henry by the Memorial Emergency Center, I went that Monday morning for my appointment. First of all, I waited for 2 hours to be seen by the doctor for 5 minutes. Be prepared to wait, likely in pain, in a waiting room that is furnished with extremely uncomfortable wooden PATIO furniture and has a loop of the most bizarre Cirque de Soleil DVDs. For a physician that is making a KILLING in this "hand and wrist repair factory", you would imagine a more comfortable and inviting waiting space. When I was seen by the doctor, he was very cut and dry and told me I would need surgery. He is extremely loud and speaks at the top of his voice constantly. He does not leave time for questions and when you do ask one he seems extremely exasperated and annoyed (rolls eyes, talks over you, mentions how long/ how many times per day he performs surgeries). His tone is extremely condescending and pompous. Another reviewer mentioned that he will not coddle you, because he is not your mother....... While this is correct, I would NEVER expect this behavior from another human being, much less a physician that is treating you. Nevertheless, I was there, surgery was performed as I already had been fasting all day and was at the facility. My physical therapist mentioned how great of a surgeon he was, I'm sure the work he did was good- this review is based on the operational and service aspects of his office. After the surgery, I was randomly called to come back in so they could change my dressing "in case it was too tight". The dressing was extremely tight, so it was apparent that something was completed incorrectly. After the dressing was changed, Dr. Henry was asking me about the expansion, and I had to stop him, because what he was describing is not what happened. He then called the tech that completed the change in to humiliate and scream at him to do it over. Also, they originally referred me to do therapy at a facility that does not work with hands/wrists.... so we also had trouble ironing that out. At my two week follow up, after another long wait, Dr. Henry was shouting at me regarding trying harder at physical therapy and forcefully pushing my wrist in various positions. He gave me a very long lecture about how I should not cringe and shut my eyes when he was performing these movements, because I was "disassociating myself from the part of my body that needs healing"- bear in mind he is SHOUTING these things. Meanwhile, my therapist told me I was on track for post-op recovery and only 2 therapy appointments, 1 of which was paperwork and measurements... When I mentioned that I had stopped the Hydrocodone due to extreme constipation, he scoffed and said that happens to everyone and "it was no big deal", I asked why I wasn't warned that it was a side effect if it "happens to everyone" and he was incredulous and stumped. Prescribed me a stronger painkiller- Percocet and a stool softener.... Meanwhile, I have been managing pain with aleve for the last 4 days... To top it all off, after the appointment I headed straight to pharmacy to pick up prescriptions, the office failed to send all of them so after waiting for an hour, the pharmacist told me I had only one to pick up.... That is the only pharmacy they work with, so if they aren't doing their part by sending everything over be prepared to come back, possibly out of your way. I am continuing my follow up with another physician, who has bedside manners and extensive knowledge, who laughed and said this isn't the first time he had heard this about Dr. Henry.... Yikes! I would be interested to know if any of the positive reviews here were actual patients or staff.... hard to believe the few there are... TLDR: Dr. Henry is horrible, go anywhere but here if you have any option. JUST HORRENDOUS

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

Dr. Henry had been highly recommended by my primary doctor. He may be a bit robotical, but he's is the most knowledgeable orthopedic doctor I have ever been to. He took one look at my X-ray and explained, in detail the surgery that would correct the pain in my wrist, which was originally broken, then damaged in a car accident. I live in Florida, we planned the surgery around my travels. Within in the first week after the surgery I had little to no pain for the first time in more than 3 months. He is very thorough in his explanation and gives you a print out to be sure you understand. I am so glad that I found such a competent doctor, who seems to love what he does, as he seems to be a perfectionist. What more can you ask for.f

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

After waiting an extremely unreasonable amount of time, and after finally being seen by the doctor; I was extremely shocked by the level of unprofessionalism that the doctor showed. He sat down, didn't introduce himself, and then began more so lecturing rather than discussing the reason for the visit. It seemed as though he had his words memorized and was robotic in nature. I felt like I was watching an infomercial because there was no room for conversing regarding my visit. And once asked a question, rather than being a considerate and concerned doctor, he was blatantly rude and cold. Instead of answering the question he proceeds to say "That is what I just got through explaining. Just now." That kind of attitude is not welcome when you are treating patients regarding their healthcare needs. His bedside manner is completely backwards, and this doctor is not here to treat patients. He is here for the money, that is the only thing he sees. I do not recommend him whatsoever and will not be supporting such an establishment. He is a disgrace to the medical profession.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

i had a severed nerve and cut tendon on my hand when doctor Henry came in to tell me he went very fast he is very knowledgeable went in to surgery that day he went from room to room did 9 surgery in 4 hours all complete success including mine 2 weeks later i went in for them to take the 20 peaces of nylon out btw when i asked how many i got after the surgery he said id didn't count the he came told me whats up going very fast he is very knowledgeable the wait is not bad i waited 30 min tops both times he is a great doctor he tells you what to expect and whats going to happen but just a little fast all in all i would recommand just record what he said so u can go back over and really listing to what he is telling u

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

Honestly, NEVER in my life did I EVER think people were capable of such rudeness. I suppose the doctor knows what he is doing. I am not qualified to answer that. I am qualified to answer to the treatment we experienced. Our wait time was ridiculous. When we finally spoke with the doctor, he spoke so fast that we did not really know fully what was going on. We read the report and it was flat out incorrect and a complete fabrication on the part about there being other options given to us. The doctor didn't even examine the hurt hand. He just looked at the x-ray, told us when surgery would be and excused himself. During the payment process, we were actually told that the office was not social services and "it's not my job to care." The office manager saw nothing wrong with that comment. Even accused us of laying a guilt trip on thick because we were trying to explain our situation. So we were first told they only do one job and it is not to care about the patients circumstances, and we were basically horrible people because we had not planned for this financially. Wow. If you have had a good experience at this office, that's great. Honestly, I can't even imagine someone walking away from there feeling any warm and fuzzy feelings. The medical profession needs to understand that when a person walks into an office, they are already not feeling well. Kindness can go a long way. This is absolutely the worst customer service ever, but as they said, they are not in the customer service business. So if I rated on if surgery was performed, yes, surgery was performed. We have yet to see if there is any improvement.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

Dr. Mark H. Henry's Credentials

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

MSP/BC Med