Dr. Dhruv B. Pateder

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Dhruv B. Pateder

I had lower back surgery 3 years ago and Dr. Pateder and staff were amazing. I am fully healed now.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2018

I really like Dr. Pateder! He’s kind, knowledgeable, informative, and easy to talk to. I’ve been seeing Dr. Pateder for over two years for disc issues resulting from a car accident. He and his entire staff are extremely friendly and go above and beyond to help their patients. I feel like I was in extremely good hands, well taken care of, definitely highly recommend Dr. Pateder to everyone, and would definitely see him again. He’s the best!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2018

I found Dr. Pateder to be very knowledgeable and to be a very pleasant person to talk to. He did spinal fusion surgery on me in April 2017. His attention to detail and his ability to explain the procedure and what to expect afterwards were excellent. He has an efficient and friendly staff and I always felt comfortable and like I was receiving the best of care. I would definitely recommend Dr. Pateder and would return to him if I have any other issues.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2018

Dr. Pateder was able to quickly diagnose and plan surgery to fix my neck issues after a car accident. His skill and bedside manner are second to none. Highly recomend

flag | Submitted April 2, 2018

After reviewing my MRI, Dr. Pateder recommended physical therapy as a course of treatment for my spine injury. The therapy is going well. My therapist Gabbielle (Gabby) is wonderful, and so are assistants Emily and Tiffany. I couldn't ask for better care. In fact, the entire staff is friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

Thank you for the great care from you, Dr Bhatia and your staff. My experience with my procedure was good. and you as a doctor what can I say. Awsome!!!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

Thank u for the awesome care from u and ur staff, before, during and after my surgery. I highly recommend any one in need of back surgery to stop looking for a surgeon Dr. Pateder is the best U will ever find. Ten stars to u and ur staff.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2018

I trust Dr. Dhruv B. Pateder and would, without questions, let him and his assistants performed surgeries relating to his medical field again, in the future, should I need additional orthopedic medical interventions.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2018

Dr Pateder wasn’t afraid to put in writing how a previous Dr messed up my previous surgeries.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

Dr. Pateder is an excellent surgeon. He performed a L4-5 fusion (XLIF) on me last week. I have no sciatic pain at all now, and I feel as if I have a new leg with which to move forward. While I'm still recovering from the surgery, I am very pleased with the level of care I received and the success of the procedures. Thank you, Dr. Pateder, April, Lauren, and the rest of the staff.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

Dr. Dhruv B. Pateder's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Pateder is dual-trained in neurosurgical spine and orthopedic surgery. He completed his residency as the Johns Hopkins Hospital (in Baltimore, MD) and his neurosurgery spinal fellowship at the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio. He specializes in all aspects of spinal care with a focus on minimally invasive surgical techniques utilizing robotics, ultrasound, microscope, etc. Having extensive experience in all aspects of spinal surgery, he is able to utilize the best technique (minimally invasive or more traditional surgical approaches) for an individual patient's problem in order to have the best patient outcome.

• English
  • Spanish

• Johns Hopkins University (Grad. 2001)
  • Emory University (Grad. 1996)

• Washingtonian Magazine Best Doctor