You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Dhruv B. Pateder

This doctor is only interested in recommending patients for epidural or surgery if he hears no to both he will get arrogant and make you feel like you are wasting his time, I am shocked to see some good reviews for this worthless Doctor

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

This is the second time leaving a rating for Dr. Pateder. I guess the bad ones get left out most of the time. I had two surgeries with him and reget it to this day. He caused permanant nerve damage which I had none prior to surgery. The first was in 2010 and the second was in 2011 so I know him very well. He did a poor job for me and did not follow up at all after the second surgery. I wish I could take it all back because he has caused ireversible damage. The nerves where manguled by this doctor and I would avoid him. There are so many others that have the talet ,he does not or he is just not perfect which I have paid the ultimate sacrifice from his unskilled hands. I wish I had a chance to see him to convy my pain and agony he has caused not just me but my family as well. Do ot be fooled by the ratings I left as I thought it would get this on line for everyone to see. I have had others ask about him and just say avoid and walk or crawl away. You will be better off. Trust me I know.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

Dr. Pateder was incredible. Such a smart, kind, young doctor. He observed my intense pain, diagnosed it at once as hernia tigon of L5, L4 and S1 squeezing into my spinal canal, and had me on the operating table the next morning. The agony was gone in an instant after a very short operation which left only the smallest incision in my spine. He is wonderful. He even calls after the surgery to see how I am doing. His staff, with the exception of his administrative assistant and some other clerk named Megan, are competent and polite. But My Gosh! Those two previously named assistants...I can't tell if they are stupid or just don't give a damn about about Dr. Pateder's patients, or maybe they just hated me. I almost didn't get my operation because they could not get prior authorization because, "the lady didn't call us back." I had to get the prior auth on my own by calling the insurance and begging. Dr. Pateder should have a staff who know how to get things done. These two are morons.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2014

I visited Dr. Pateder the week of Dec 30, 2013. I had high hopes and he certainly did NOT disappoint. He very quickly saw a mistake that a previous surgeon made & missed in followup visits....which was causing certain symptoms. Always feeling rushed with other doctors where I couldn't ask many questions and was treated very dismissively; Dr. Pateder answered and encouraged me to ask as many questions as I needed. He even answered questions I didn't even know to ask. Regarding my condition, he quickly ordered on-site x-rays and prescribed an MRI for further confirmation. I'm certain that I will need some type of procedure to correct the previous surgery and to relieve my current symptoms. I'm very confident in Dr. Pateder helping me with my cervical & lumbar stenosis issues! I'll keep you updated!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2014

Great doctor!!! I have Degenerative Disc Disease and saw Dr. Pateder for the first time about 4 years ago. Contrary to "rushing me into surgery" as another reviewer stated, he actually made me try everything else first (several different pain relievers, physical therapy, injections, etc.) before he would schedule me for surgery (L5/S1 laminectomy and fusion), even after my insurance company had approved me for surgery. He is extremely knowledgeable about the spine, and his follow-up care is fantastic (saw me every day while I was in the hospital, and called me at home after discharge). Degenerative disc disease being what it is, I again needed surgery 2 years later (L4/L5 this time) and I was just as pleased with him and his staff the second time around! I would recommend him to all my friends and family.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

Dr Pateder and his staff could not have been more kind, understanding, sympathetic, helpful, and informative. Two weeks ago, I had two cervical disks replaced and three vertebrae fused. The surgery was very successful! I've still got several months for bones to fuse and heal, but I am so pleased to have my life back. Dr. Pateder did call to check up on me at home 2 days after surgery. His office has always been very prompt and accommodating every time I called with a request.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2013

This is a genuine appreciation for Dr. Dhruv Patedar who worked with me for healing my spinal fracture. He was thorough , non patronizing, clear, answered all my questions , great recommendations above all everything just worked out for me. It was a big deal for me to consult an orthopedic surgeon however he dealt with my case with clear instructions, positive mindset and open attitude. He is the guy to go to when your back is not acting the way you would want her to.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2012

Dr. Pateder's ACDF w/Spine Fusion was a complete success. His counsel and description of procedure; follow up; pain management and physical therapy recommendations and overall program were excellent. I'd recommend Dr. Pateder to all of my friends and colleagues. His bedside manner in the office, pre- and post-surgery, hospital and during at-home care were phenonmenal. He's a one-of-a-kind surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2012

Dr P is amazing. He spent a lot of time explaining my conditions and discussing my options. He thinks I will get better without surgery. I hope he is right!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2012

L5-S1 Fusion. After 3 years of chronic lower back pain and multiple doctors that said I had to live with my back pain a friend recommended Dr. Pateder. He knew right away that he could help me. I can now lift all the weights I want, run, play with my kids and enjoy the outdoors. The depression caused from chronic pain is completely gone and I feel completely normal. I paid for every alternative therapy out there too. I have recommended Dr. Pateder to several friends and he has helped them as well. He is a skilled surgeon and I am grateful to him for giving me my life back. Don't let a doctor tell you, you have to live with your back pain.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2012

Dr. Dhruv B. Pateder's Credentials

• University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry (Grad. 2001)

Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This doctor is only interested in recommending patients for epidural or surgery if he hears no to both he will get arrogant and make you feel like you are wasti..."

February 26, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This is the second time leaving a rating for Dr. Pateder. I guess the bad ones get left out most of the time. I had two surgeries with him and reget it to this ..."

July 24, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=157412'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.6

February 18, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=157412'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 5.0

February 5, 2014