Ratings for Dr. Robin H. Dretler

Dr. Dretler is wonderful. After 5 knee surgeries and 3 1/2 years of treatment by other medical professionals I was getting prepared for my knee to be fused or possibly lose my leg (due to an infection from the initial surgery done at another hospital). I am so thankful I found him. From the beginning he was very proactive in my medical care. Both he and his staff were concerned, caring, and efficient. After being afraid I would have to have my knee fused, or worse, possibly lose my leg, I am so thrilled that it is now healed - and in only 4 months. I am so thankful - as he gave my mobility, my life, back to me. Both he and his staff should be applauded for the work they do.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

I would not recommend this doctor. After a below the knee amputation, I got an infected wound. Dr. Dretler diagnosed me with herpes that settled on my esophagus which has affected my brain and speech, said I would likely not speak clearly. It turns out that I had had too much morphine that had built up in my system. Once the morphine was gone, my cognition improved.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2014

I went to my Primary Care doctor,for achronicinfection. He gave me several anti-biotics which helped clear it up, but he said I needed to follow up with an infectious disease doctor. (Dr DretlercI saw Dretler's PA, forc30-40 minutes. Then Dr. Dretler came in, looked at me, mumbled a fancy name for my disease.(I knew I had had previous bouts of MRSA after caring for a person with Chronic indwelling MRSA) I told him I still had packing in an incision on my arm which had been drained months before in the ER and never removed. He said "Really?" Then left the room, quickly returned, and told me to bathe in Hibiclens.(something I was already doing)No antibiotic refill, no bloodwork drawn-and I was out of there, minus a 45 dollar co-pay, and a wasted day. I worry how much he will bill Aetna. Now I am looking for another infectious disease Doctor. He wasn't rude or anything; he just impressed me as a doctor who was burned out and bored. I cant recommend Dr Dretler based on my experience.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2012

My father was seen in the hospital by De Dretler with no insurance, as soon as Dr Dretler realized that my father had no insurance his care seemed to change. My dad was discharged and sent home with a PICC line for IV meds infusion for approx 3 weeks, I have been waiting for 6 days now just to get a response from Dr Dretler's office for an order to take the PICC line out... 6 DAYS! The pharmacy has called his office, I have called his office and the visiting nurse compant has called his office and they have not returned anyone's call and he has not written an order for the PICC line to be taken out. We are still waiting for a call back or an order as I type this note.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2011

Dr. Dretler is very personable, takes time to explain what is going on with your health, tells you your options and gives you the opportunity to participate in your health care decisions. I would highly recommend Dr. Dretler without reservation.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2007

Would highly recommend this doctor. He is not only very knowledgeable, he is personable and treats each patient as a person -- not a "case".

flag | Submitted October 10, 2005

Dr. Robin H. Dretler's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)