Ratings for Dr. Juris Shibayama

Dr. Shibayama fixed my bulging disc. And him and his staff were very helpful through the entire process.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

After suffering leg pain for over three years, I can say I have a new leg! Dr. Shibayama recently performed surgery on my lower back. He and his staff were so amazing to work with before, during and after surgery. I was very apprehensive about the surgery, but after talking with Dr. Shibayama I knew surgery was the best alternative for me. Its been two months, and I am totally pain free and can walk without the excruciating pain I had in my leg. I will recommend him to anyone considering spinal surgery.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

Dr. Shibayama recently preformed surgery on my lower back l5 s1. He and his staff have been amazing and nothing, but professional. I would strongly recommend him to anyone 2nd to none very happy with his staff and him as my surgeon/ doctor. Also very personal and friendly don't see that from a lot of doctors anymore.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

I had a spinal fusion in 2014 with Dr. Shibayama. After months of neck and left arm pain and weakness, Dr. Shibayama determined that I may lose function of my left arm without surgery. This was obviously terrifying since no one wants to be told that spinal surgery is the best option. However, because of my fear, he started treatment conservatively in hopes that I could avoid surgery. Once we decided that surgery was the best option, the entire process went quickly and very smoothly. He explained everything thoroughly and with a wonderful bedside manner. He's easy to talk to, easy to understand, and I was left with the impression that he truly cared about my well-being. He even prayed with me before surgery. The surgery was a great success and I now have my life back. I would recommend anyone with back or neck pain to see this compassionate and skilled physician!!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Words cannot describe how thankful I am for Dr. Shibayama. I suffered with lower back pain for years. In April of 2016 the pain became much worse, affecting my quality-of-life. I went to the chiropractor for four months, four times a week with no improvement . My chiropractor referred me to Dr. Shibayama, he said " I want you to see this guy, he is the best, I believe he can help you", what a blessing. After talking with Dr. Shibayama we decided to try epidural injections first, at my follow up appointment Dr. Shibi could tell that I was disappointed the injection didn't work. He knew I did not want to have surgery, he explained my options, he was very patient and understanding. I made the descion to have the surgery, BEST DESCION EVER. I feel like a new woman.. As mentioned in other reviews , impeccable bedside manner, he personally called me at my home after the surgery to check on me. The morning of the surgery, he came in pre-op briefly to check in with me. I was completely blown away by the character and compassion of this Doctor. After surgery, he ask me why I had put up with the pain for so long, and told him, I thought that was my life .....Not anymore!!!!!!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

Dr shibayama is such a caring,compassionate Dr.he did my 1st spinal fusion in 2009.in the next few weeks,he will be performing my 2nd spinal fusion.i am so blessed .i to find this Dr,he is wonderful ..he changed my life several years ago by being able to walk.i know soon,I will be able to walk once again with no pain,thank you dr shibyama for giving me my quality of life back,once again

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

Very pleasant experience for fusion surgery. Dr. Shibayama is the utmost professional. Impeccable bedside manner. He personally called me after i got home from outpatient surgery to check on me. not his staff, him! I have lived the past two years ,mistakingly thinking i had Parkinsons, thanks to a bad diagnosis from St. Thomas. Not the case. Thank you Dr. Shibayama for giving me hope.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

He changed my life. Absolute best doctor I have ever been acquainted with in my life. Very thorough and precise.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2011

I have just returned from my first visit with Dr. Shibayama. I have been to at least 100 doctors/medical professionals since I was struck by lightning in 2001. I saw Dr. Shibayama for a 2nd opinion concerning a 4th spinal surgery (3rd spinal fusion). My medical history is quite lengthy; nevertheless, he attentively listened to my details, he asked questions and was very thorough in his exam. As he was leaving the room to view the MRIs, CAT scans, & x-rays, I asked him that once he had viewed the files would he answer ONE question for me. He said, "Ok." I said, "If I were your sister, what would you tell me to do?" He smiled, nodded his head and said, "I always do." He returned to the room with a very conservative medical plan. I at least know there is the hope of avoiding a 3rd spinal fusion. I have seen LOTS and LOTS of doctors; Dr. Shibayama impressed me.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2009

Dr. Shibayama is the best. He has a wonderful sense of humor and is a very real person. He does not come across as better than you and is very skilled and intelligent. I trusted him explicity from the first visit. He did my surgery and I owe him my life. Very understanding and easy to talk to!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2008