Ratings for Dr. Jill Hollowell

This is one of the most knowledgeable doctors in Canada, she is caring, compassionate, and highly skilled. The Canadian health care system is not perfect, but this doctor raises the bar and sets a standard all should aspire to....those that complain should look in the mirror before doing so. Exceptional person and professional.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

was told they were booking up into January, this is why people use walk in clinics

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Takes 6-8 weeks to get an appointment even for important issues.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

My boyfriend has had blood in urine for 2 years and no meds have been pescribed only blood work after blood work and now high amounts are in urine time to find a doctor who will do their job properly

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Dr. Hollowell's phone and office hours are horrible. You wait 1/2 hour to an hour in the waiting room past your appointment start time, then another 10-15 minutes in the office. She pushes medication for issues that don't necessarily require them. Her staff is rude and condescending and provides false information. Do not recommend Dr. Hollowell.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

I struggle to like Dr. Hollowell and her staff these days. It seems like the care has gone down hill. Waiting room and phone times have increased and she constantly communicates through her receptionists(except when I said I was leaving her; she called me personally for the first time ever). I have a problem with my stomach where I keep vomiting after I eat. She sends me for blood work constantly and it's always the same results that come back. I have high cholesterol; she has told me to diet and ex cerise. I have done all of this, eat really healthy and work a phsyical job. I still vomit; there must be something else wrong but she refuses to send me to a specialist. Medication didn't help; so I started self medicating with medical graded marijuana. She assumed it was street weed, freaked out at me and told me my depression was getting worse because of it. My depression has decreased and i am not vomiting! Research the benefits of marijuana before you freak out at your patients; I don't appreciate being yelled at on the phone either. You don't know everything about it and should have an open mind. The receptionist at my new doctor then told me high cholesterol is heriary; you would think Dr. Hollowell would know this. My last time appointment was awful; Dr. Hollowell was very sick and she kept complaining that she wanted to go home. I wonder how many people she got sick that day because she didn't go home. It was all about her. I practically had to beg her to give me a referral to a psychologist or psychiatrist. I just wanted someone to talk too! Finally, I happened to be transgender and although she says she trans friendly. . She has no knowledge of what I've gone through. I have an endocrinologist to prescribe me testorone and take care of my gender stuff(she's even called me personally for an emergency injection); but Dr. Hollowell fails to communicate with her about my health issues. I'm not a demanding patient at all; but I shouldn't have to go through this constantly. I just want a doctor that will actually listen to me and help me figure out my health issues. Luckily, my endocrinologist has referred me to a new doctor in the same building as her. I'll finally be able to see a specialist for my stomach and they can even communicate face to face!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2016

Dr. Hollowell fails to build a relationship with her clients and it takes months to actually get an appointment with her. Once you finally are in your appointment, she never spends more than 5 minutes with you, and shows she's has no idea what she is taking about meanwhile gives poor suggestions in terms concerns. I'm ready to find a new doctor. I miss Dr. Renner.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

Dr. Hallowell is an amazing, caring, competent doctor and wonderful soul. I am so fortunate to have her as my GP. As for her assistant, Kayla, she would be cloned! What a wonderful young lady and ace assistant, a credit to doc Hollowell!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

Dr. Hollowell was very judgement and not at all helpful of my mental health issues - horrible experience

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

I find Dr Hollowell not to be very good at all, she has a mind of her own and instead of talking about ones meds she just goes a head and does what she feels is ok with out even talking to the person. I had to find out from my drug store that she wasn't filling out one of my pills...geesh

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015