Ratings for Dr. Dawne A. Lowden

I love Dr. Lowden. I was 44 when I had my 5 child and a little scared. and she had much concern. I have had issues with blood platelets with pregnancy of my twins 20 years ago. this started happening during labor with my now healthy 3 yr old. she didn't hesitate to make the decision to go ahead with C-section. I was very scared and she was very passionate during this whole procedure. then when I went for my 6 week check up myself and my spouse weren't very talkative due to him losing his job and she noticed something wasn't right and had her nurse to call me to make sure everything was ok. on top of that gave us alot of formula during my visit because of money issues and being frustrated with breast feeding. now a year ago I had heavy bleeding and she did my tubal and ablation and dnc and once again AMAZING. I am having some issues now and need to see her but I owe money and didn't realize I went into collections. I need to pay the bill so I can see her. wish I would of known about his bill because in my eyes she is the best ever!! I can't see her until I pay the bill :( when I seen these bad reviews on her shocked me. she is not what you people say at all.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

She is very rude and disrespectful. When she comes into the room she just stares at you. Always there will be a awkward silence in the room. She is not caring. Beware

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

Dr Lowden saved my life by setting up a mammogram turns out I had breast cancer that would have spread had she not done that. I would recommend her in a heart beat! she's the best. she also gave me hysterectomy and had great bed side manners. I Love this doctor she's great!!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

Years ago when I had my first child (I have almost 7 now), she was slightly condescending and nice, as long as I didn't question her and as long as I went completely with her game plan. Labor came around and her beside manner was the absolute worst! It was the absolute worst experience I could have ever had in a laboring situation. She had my water broken when I was only dilated to a 3! It went completely downhill from there. Needless to say, I had a C-section bc of all get unnecessary junk she pushed on me. For my second child I switched to the best Dr ever and had the best experience and a vbac. I would never recommend this Dr and if anyone I know is pregnant, I make sure to tell them my experience with this horrible Dr. She may have knowledge, but she is not patient at all. Beware!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

I was dismissed from care at 28 weeks pregnant because I wasn't comfortable getting a DTap vaccination while I was pregnant. I read everything the CDC and the FDA had as far as safety and efficacy studies pertaining to receiving DTap during pregnancy and the potential risks greatly outweighed the small chance that my newborn may be exposed to whooping cough during his first 2 months of life. I politely said I wasn't comfortable with the vaccination and they treated me like I was a crazy "non-vaxer". I am a health care worker myself and have been thoroughly vaccinated. I also have a 2 1/2 year old daughter who is fully vaccinated. The informational insert that comes with the vaccine was not offered for me to read so I downloaded a PDF file from the FDA. On page 11 of 13 it clearly states that DTap is not advisable during pregnancy and not safe to be used at all during child bearing years. The risk of fetal harm is unknown and no studies have been published thus far. Possible adverse side effects that were listed include: SIDS, autism, and many many more. Dr. Lowden didn't even see me on my last visit when the vaccine talk came up. The nurse just got really quiet in the room and said that "Dr. Lowden daughter has cancer and she has no immune system." Apparently this was the nurse trying to tell me that Dr. Lowden would dismiss me as a patient if I didn't have the DTap injection. Two days later I received a certified letter that I was dismissed from care. Absolutely disheartening to me- I feel like all personal choice was stripped from me. I would not recommend Dr. Lowden to anyone I care about.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

My son was born in January 2012. First let me say, the nurse Lisa was great! Dr Lowden was ok. She was very curt and gave short, to-the-point answers to questions. Did not seem very friendly. When I expressed a desire to go without the epidural, she pretty much said that a lot of women say that and find out it's unrealistic when labor hits. She was pretty nonchalant, and not very caring, about the fact that my son was breech for awhile, which upset me very much since I wanted a natural birth. The sonogram lady, Michelle, was awful. Oh, she knew her stuff, that's for sure, but she was rude and speedy gonzales. Did not take time to let you enjoy seeing your precious little one for the first time. Also when they did a quick sonogram to see if my son was breech, she very rudely said, "Yep, it's breech." No kind words to soften the blow. My sister in law, who had come to support me, was shocked! Thankfully, my son turned before we had to try inversion. What probably turned me off the most from ever using Dr Lowden again was the fact that she never came to visit me after my son was born!! I understand that she wasn't on-call when I arrived at the hospital in the evening (fully dialated and ready to push!!). But she didn't even stop in the next day to check on us and say hi. She had another dr from her office stop in to see us. I had never even met the other dr!!! I thought it was rude to send someone else I'd had zero interaction with, and not even take the time to stop by.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

She does not like to answer tough questions. No bedside manner. Almost defensive and angry.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

Dr. Lowden is a very good doctor and made the process of having a baby as easy as possible. My wife and I thought she was funny and helpful. My suggestion is to have your questions ready for her before your visit because it makes the appointment much easier. She is also a good mom and gave us good advice when we asked for her opinion.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2013

flag | Submitted October 17, 2013

Dr. Lowden has been amazing throughout my pregnancy. I still have 2 months to go but so far she has answered every question I have had in a very effective way. She is very compassionate and has helped me get through this time as my husband is also newly diagnosed with cancer. The staff has been nothing but helpful every time ive been to the office or called. Yes there are times when I have to wait a little for my appointment but that should be expected with an OBGYN. This is my first pregnancy and if I ever have another baby I will be choosing Dr. Lowden again!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

Dr. Dawne A. Lowden's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Workers Comp