Ratings for Dr. Lane C. Childs

After a prostate biopsey, performed by Dr. Childs, I was in a lot of pain, and bleed a lot. I also ran a fever for four days. When I tried to contact Dr. Childs I was passed to his assistant who was very flipant and seemed unconcerned. When Dr. Childs finally called to tell me the results of the biopsy, I wanted to discuse possible chemical options to shrink my prostate. But Dr. Childs said that he had a lot of phone calls to return and didn't seem interested in my concerns. However, he was totally gungho to do surgery rather than try alternatives first. I can not recommend this doctor or his staff!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

I got rescheduled twice prior to my procedure to accommodate Dr. Childs schedule. I then arrived 15 minutes early as requested for my proceedure only to be told that the Dr. was not in the office and that it would be another hour before he would arive. No phone call or advanced warning. This caused significant challenges with picking up and dropping off kids at school for my wife (who had also adjusted her schedule to drive me). No one really cared. No apology...nothing...so very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

Dr. Childs is simply the best doctor I have ever worked with. The staff is always pleasant and respectful. I recommend Western Urology to all my friends.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

Western Urological Clinic has provided me with exceptional care for my Vasectomy and prostate cancer screening! As uncomfortable as these types of visits can be, Dr. Gange was very professional, courteous and educated on my symptoms and diagnosis, and made me feel very comfortable throughout all my visits and pre and post op. The staff at Western Urological is profoundly caring, courteous and professional! I am a second generation patient and will be referring my son and friends and family as well! Thank you Dr. Gange and Western Urological for all your care and support!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

Dr. Fisher is extraordinary in expert care, thoroughness, thoughtfulness, and in explaining in a way the patient can understand. He has a very in depth ability to analyze many complex factors and culminate a sensible and believable plan, one that a patient can follow with confidence. He is readily available for patient calls and concerns. He does not rush the appointment and listens patiently to the questions and concerns.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

I had a bladder sling installed and was extremely happy. Dr. Fisher was my Doctor and was so helpful and professional! I highly recommend him. His staff was great !

flag | Submitted August 1, 2014

Very, very pleased with Dr Childs skill. I am moving on with Life, Liberty and the Persuit of happiness.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

Dr Gange did a wonderful job in helping me thru a very difficult situation after surgery. He wanted to see me every week until this issue was resolved. We resolved this problem today. Dr. Was very kind and supportive. This office and DOCTORS are AWESOME. Thank u to everyone! Stew

flag | Submitted November 1, 2013

I have been happy with the doctor and the staff. Discouraged that the surgery has caused me to urinate continually without the feeling of urgency. Immediately post surgery inspired a fever several times but did not hear back from the dr. Until several days later.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2013

I had surgery on my kidney to have it removed and was so nervous about it. I had a lot of questions and Dr Fisher was so understanding and patient with me. He made sure I was we'll informed before the procedure as well as his surgery coordinator. The surgery went well and the staff made sure to call and check up on me several times. I feel like they truly care and took the time to make sure I am comfortable. I have had a great experience well around. Even the PA Regan Brooks has been wonderful.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2013

Dr. Lane C. Childs's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 1987)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal