Ratings for Dr. Russell Tigges

He is the best. Very efficient. Two hips done years apart with pain from 7 to 1 , immediately after. Can't believe the petty criticism. Grow up, sissies, Great backup, too.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2018

Can't say enough good things about TIgges. I can see where some might dislike his manner but for me he was forthright, no wasted conversation and decidedly a gifted surgeon. If the other knee goes, he'll be the one to do it.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2018

Dr. Tigges is a wonderful surgeon, had my hip replaced over four years ago. He does not rush you in your appointment and answers any questions that you may have.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2018

Practice is always in chaos. You usually don’t see a doctor only PA, which is fine but you really NEVER see the doctor again. Too big. Too busy. Not caring or patient friendly. Stay away if you can. Not patient centered. Really difficult.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2018

Didn't know how to rate His knowledge. Had knee done. Everything was well untill week 9. Post knee surgery. Having issues with walking. I went back to using crutches due to pain walking. He made me feel as if I was there for medication. I never one time asked them for anything. What they do I accept. Ordered MRI. Bed side mannerisms Bad. Doesn't know how to communicate well with others.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr Tigges for almost 12 years. I had two knee replacements and a revision surgery I did have a few complications and he addressed every one. He is a great surgeon and also knows how to talk to his patients. When the time comes for a revision surgery I will come back from Florida to Dr. Tigges.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

Although asked on two separate occasions, Dr. Tigges was not willing to answer any questions regarding my diagnosis or proposed plan of action.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Dr Tigges listened to my complaints and treated me with respect. He assessed both knees and did not rush me. His bedside manner was of high quality and he even joked a bit, making the appointment more tolerable.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

Dr.Tigges is so full of himself I'm surprised he could fit his head in the exam room.He was rude tome and my husband. We didn't listen to a word he said we just looked at one another and shook our heads. If You want a Very gifted kind doctor go to Dr.Thompson!!!! this dr. Tigges has no ability to comunicate with people with out putting them down. I didn't want to be in pain and have to beg this man to help me with a painful situation.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2012

He is the best skilled surgeon, but he does not communicate well enough and post op care and discharge care is lacking. I had complications first time with a hip replacement and he was totally missing in action. I did use him again after my hip dislocated and I believe he's working to improve his communication skills and time spent visiting his patients. I would still highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2011

Dr. Russell Tigges's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Great West Life