Ratings for Dr. Howard E. Sperry

One of the best doctors i have ever seen. I would highly recommend Dr. Sperry. Very knowledgeable and yes a teaching doctor but what would we do if no one taught.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

Use to be a good doctor but too busy teaching and working on his computer...I don't even think he realizes there is a patient in the room he is so pre-occupied with everything else..

flag | Submitted February 15, 2015

I highly recommend Dr. Sperry. He has always consulted with me in a respectful way. He listens to my health concerns, asks probing questions and has diagnosed and treated me with successful results. Dr. Sperry always makes time, even if it is short notice, he makes sure he can squeeze me in, especially cold & flu season. He also treats my husband and has successfully referred my husband to a few specialist along with myself and have had great care. In conclusion, I would comfortably recommend him and intend to continue to use him as my GP for as long as he is in practice.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2013

Great doctor. Very thorough & normally doesn't try to rush you in & out like other doctors sometimes do. Yes, he is a teaching doctor (that's the nature of ECMC) but as far as acting like you're not in the room as someone else said, I don't agree with that. He always listens to all complaints/concerns and addresses them appropriately. A resident first takes you into the room & goes over everything, then Dr Sperry quickly joins & they address everything together. Great system, never more than a 5-10 minute wait. A+

flag | Submitted March 23, 2013

Dr. Sperry is the smartest man I know. Very intelligent & a wonderful bedside manner. Oh yes & a great sense of humor. No one likes to go to the doctor, so when he can make you smile, it helps. I would recommend him to anyone & everyone.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2011

Love Dr.Sperry.One of the greatest Doctors I know!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2011

Dr. Sperry is a teaching physician, so I learned the hard way: He focused on discussing my case with his current resident, talking about me as though I was not even in the room, barely glancing at me. He also once referred me to a neurologist who desperately tried to diagnose me with MS, and after a second opinion from a competent neurologist, I was merely diagnosed with exhaustion and have been fine since.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2009

Dr. Sperry is very smart, courteous and has a good bedside manner. He was recommended by a co-worker 6 years ago and I wouldn't switch for anything.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2008

Due to his lack of knowledge he almost killed my mother

flag | Submitted March 28, 2008

Dr. Sperry is constantly staying abreast of the latest medical knowledge.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2008

Dr. Howard E. Sperry's Credentials

• Univ Di Bologna, Fac Di Med E Chirurgia, Bologna, Italy (Grad. 1972)