Ratings for Dr. Nirmala Shanmugam

Dr. Shanmugam has literally changed my son's life. He is in a wheelchair with IBS and has suffered for a very long time with emergency bathroom issues after almost every meal. Now, because of Dr. Shanmugam, there is no more pain, urgency or uncomfortable rides home from restaurants! Our son is now more "regular" and can leave the house without fear of pain, cramps or accidents! Thank you, Dr. Shanmugam. I say it every time I see you -- you have literally changed our lives.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2015

Dr. Shanmugam has helped me tremendously with various GI issues. She is very nice, easy to talk to, and personable. She does not rush and listens. Too bad all doctors can't be like her.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

flag | Submitted August 9, 2014

helped me a great deal. I'm a college student from out of town. Doctor and staff very accommodating. Excellent.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2013

Dr. Shanmugam is absolutely wonderful. I had been to another doctor and I was miserable. As soon as I started her treament, all my problems went away. She knew exactly what I neeed and thanks to her, I was able to enjoy eating out again and was able to go places without having to run to the bathroom.. I would nmughighly recommend her to anybody.Thanks, Dr Shanmugam!!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

I have been to her three times and I will not return. She is forgetful and unable to understand the way you describe your symptoms. Without my permission she wrote a letter to my doctor (gp) and inaccurately stated my symptoms causing me time/effort to clear up with him. It's very hard to find a doctor with good communication/listening skills but she is certainly not one of them.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2012

She was not able to answer our questions and seemded to have an agenda of giving everyone the same diagnosis even though our symptoms in no way fit what she was suggesting! Unfair.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2011

Great Physician in the Wellington area. I had seen 2 other Gi doctors for my difficult gastro problem. Since I have seen her, I am so pleased with her services, promptness and care, I am sticking to this office.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2009

I was very happy that I went to see Dr.Shanmugam. She was very pleasant, caring and easy to talk to. Her staff was also very pleasant and helpful. I absolutely recommend to anyone having a problem to go and see her.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2009

She is absolutely wonderful and was able to diagnose my gastric cancer immediately and get me started on a successful treatment plan. She listens well and has a wonderful communication style.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2008

Dr. Nirmala Shanmugam's Credentials

• Spanish

• Stanley Med Coll, Dr M G R Med Univ, Madras, Tn, India (Grad. 1989)

Top Hospitals in Lake Worth, FL