Excellent experience. Relief of pain and worry. Worth the time that it takes just to feel relief in my body. Tightness diminishes throughout my muscles. Easier motion with my back and neck areas.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Sammarone for almost a year now and after his injections in my lower back and neck, he changed my life! His staff is friendly, professional and helpful, the office is clean, and located on route 46 in a building with lots of parking. The dr is very compassionate and caring, he takes his time and does not rush you like some do. It's not a assembly line kind of place, you get individualized attention, not a long wait time, and usually you can get an appointment without having to wait weeks upon weeks. If you are looking for a "pill pusher" pain management dr, this is NOT for you! If you are looking for a pain management Dr who will take his time and actually try his best to manage your pain then you won't be disappointed. Joseph B.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

I went to see my orthopedic surgeon Dr. Petrucelli. My complaint was a sharp pain in my left shoulder. Upon further examination Dr. Petrucelli explaining me he thought it was my neck that was the problem. He then took an x-ray of my neck and asked if I was in a car accident? Dr. Petrucelli then showed me my x-ray and told me my neck was a mess. Two weeks prior he started sharing his office in Succasunna New Jersey with Dr.Sammarone a pain management specialist. Dr. Petrucelli my orthopedic surgeon for nearly 10 years recommended me to Dr. Sammarone for pain management. He explained surgery should be the last option on your neck. I had never heard of or knew what a pain management was but if Dr. Petrucelli was recommending it to me I knew it had to be something positive. I did some homework on Dr. Sammarone and found his high ratings and experience what is beyond expectation. A nurse who went to school with my mother years ago recommended him highly as she knew his reputation and expertise from St. Barnabas in Livingston NJ. Pain management is a step-by-step treatment that sometimes works right away and sometimes take patients to find the right combination of treatments. During my treatment Dr. Sammarone his staff and the staff at West Morris Surgical Ctr. in Succasunna made me comfortable and listen to my every want and need. Kate Atkinson the patient liaison between the insurance companies and myself make insurance process painless. I wish I could include a picture of my x-ray here and also tell you that I am pain free now. This was all Dr. Sammarone listening to my concerns caring about my feelings and treating my pain until it was gone. Dr. Sammarone truly cares about the comfort and well-being of his patients for beyond anything else. When I saw him today he took great pride and cared very much that I told him now did you treated my pain successfully. I can only recommend if you are looking for a pain management specialist you look no further than Dr. Sammarone.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

I never heard of "pain management" before my primary doctor recommended it for my chronic pain. In researching appropriate professionals, Dr. Marcello Sammarone stood out by virtue of his board certifications, extensive education five-star ratings and very satisfied clients. During our first meeting Dr. Sammarone was as personable as he was patient, identified the causes of my discomfort and explained the options to me in very simple terms I could understand. We embarked on a treatment plan; thanks to his skills, expertise and meticulous attention to detail, I became pain-free immediately following my first procedure. . I was amazed. What a positive difference he made in my quality of life! If you're living with the debilitating effects of chronic pain, do yourself a favor and call Dr. Sammarone's office to arrange a consultation. His five-star rating is well-deserved! Frances F.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

Dr Sammarone is very easy to talk to and has a sense of empathy and compassion that is not often found among many doctors. I travel over 2 hours to see him. He has no nurses or physician assistants or other doctors but he sees all his patients himself and I think is great because he gets to know your pain better. He is extremely knowledgeable and qualified and treats you like his own family member. The 3 procedures I had were successful and my sciatic pain disappeared! Dr Sammarone encourages looking at all options available before resorting to surgery. I am so glad he did this because I am now pain free and did not have to go through the trauma of surgery. Dr Sammarone listens to you and has amazing bedside manners. He is a rare breed among the medical community. He takes his time and thoroughly examines you, and explains everything he's doing in the process. He is such a great guy and he truly cares about his patients. I would recommend him to anyone. Robert S. On top of this, his staff is just as nice as he is. Robert S.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Sammarone by my primary-care physician over 1 years ago, and I cannot recommend him highly enough. Dr. Sammarone is very compassionate and professional. His staff is very polite, respectful, patient and very organized. After my car accident I have undergone procedures in my back and neck with great results. I am off the narcotics now and I feel a new person living a normal life! Dr. Sammarone thoroughly explained each step of the procedure(s) to me, took care to ensure I was comfortable during surgery, as well as providing outstanding post-operative care. Definitely the best experience I’ve had with any doctor. He is an exceptional doctor, as well as a great person I never hesitate in recommending him to family and friends! (My husband is also a patient!). Mary P.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2015

I cannot recommend Dr. Sammarone highly enough. He has always been very compassionate and spends time explaining anything I asked him in very simple ways. I had great results from his procedures for my back and neck problems. I never hesitate in recommending Dr. Sammarone to my family and friends! And I did. Lastly but not least, his staff ( including Karen) deliver exceptional customer service in my opinion UNMATCHED by any other doctor I ever went before! Erik L.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2015

I am writing this review for my mom who is not computer literate. My mom has had back pain for several years. I have taken her to several chiropractors, an acupuncturist, and for physical therapy. Some of these therapies have mildly helped but it only lasted for a few days at most. A surgeon recommended surgery but she refused. A co-worker recommended Dr. Sammarone to me and so I scheduled an appointment for her that day. He was very kind, patient and took his time with us. We followed his advice and she has no back pain 7 months later. My Mom and I thank you tremendously Dr. Sammarone !!!! Pat L.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2015

Thanks to Dr Sammarone-I feel like I have my life back. Physical activities I couldn't do for the last 3-4 years , I can do again. My ongoing, chronic lower back pain is gone and if it returns I will be calling the good Doctor again, as I know I will find relief. If you are in pain, or feel hopeless about your condition, call this doctor RIGHT now. It has changed my life.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

Dr. Marcello Sammarone's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Libero Univ Degli Studi G D'Annunzio, Fac Di Med E Chirurgia, Chieti (Grad. 1983)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent experience. Relief of pain and worry. Worth the time that it takes just to feel relief in my body. Tightness diminishes throughout my muscles. Easier ..."

January 14, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. " I have been seeing Dr. Sammarone for almost a year now and after his injections in my lower back and neck, he changed my life! His staff is friendly, professi..."

October 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Questo dottore mi ha risolto il mal di schiena che avevo per piu' di 2 mesi. Lo consiglio a chiunque abbia problemi di schiena, Mario M"

September 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went to see my orthopedic surgeon Dr. Petrucelli. My complaint was a sharp pain in my left shoulder. Upon further examination Dr. Petrucelli explaining me he ..."

August 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I never heard of "pain management" before my primary doctor recommended it for my chronic pain. In researching appropriate professionals, Dr. Marcello Sammaro..."

July 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Sammarone is very easy to talk to and has a sense of empathy and compassion that is not often found among many doctors. I travel over 2 hours to see him. He..."

June 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Sammarone by my primary-care physician over 1 years ago, and I cannot recommend him highly enough. Dr. Sammarone is very compassionate and..."

May 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I cannot recommend Dr. Sammarone highly enough. He has always been very compassionate and spends time explaining anything I asked him in very simple ways. I had..."

March 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. " I am writing this review for my mom who is not computer literate. My mom has had back pain for several years. I have taken her to several chiropractors, ..."

March 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Thanks to Dr Sammarone-I feel like I have my life back. Physical activities I couldn't do for the last 3-4 years , I can do again. My ongoing, chronic lower ba..."

February 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Sammarone cares about long term solutions and patient outcomes. He listens to your issues and comes up with personalized treatments. My neck pain caused m..."

January 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Let me start out by saying that the attention and customer service are unsurpassed. I very much appreciate the focus and caring especially at this time when mo..."

November 27, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I suffered from chronic back pain for many years. My neighbor recommended Dr. Sammarone. I was skeptical at first but after a thorough exam he presented me wit..."

November 22, 2014