Ratings for Dr. Emily Blair

If I could give Dr. Emily Blair zero stars, I would because that's what she deserves. I scheduled a procedure with Dr. Blair, who was not my regular doctor at that practice. I saw a PA who was not able to perform the procedure. Dr. Blair told me multiple times in our-sit down conversation, after giving me totally false information about HPV testing in males and telling me I might not be able to have kids in the most nonchalant way, that I was entitled to a second opinion. I went forward with getting a second opinion, decided to get my procedure done at Yale, and called Dr. Blair's office to cancel my procedure - and not last-minute, might I add. A few days later, I received a certified letter in the mail saying (and I'm saying this in the simpler form) that I was dropped from Fairfield OBGYN with absolutely NO explanation why. I called the office to inquire and they informed me that it was because I was having my procedure done at Yale and not through them that they could no longer see me as a patient. It seemed to me that Dr. Blair was either offended or just had a hint of bratiness and decided to drop me because I went somewhere else for my procedure. After discussing it with my doctor at Yale and seeing how appalled she was, I realized I needed to let other people know what she did to me. Disgustingly unprofessional. I would not recommend her and now, unfortunately, her practice to anyone. My mother is a patient of Dr. Blair's for 30-plus years and now she refuses to go back to her after what happened.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

I have found Dr Blair to be more concerned that her original diagnosis was right. Even when proven incorrect, she is going to stay the course. I can see how this coud lead to disaster. I was lucky. Do not go to her unless you have absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. Just routine might be ok, otherwise def seek another opinion.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2012

This patient has passed away blaming herself for "listening" to Dr.Blair and not to her own body and heart. Incomplete information,misdiagnosis, cavalier treatment,and missed key indicators contributed to the untimely loss of a young life. Learn from our loss--get a second opinion, take home copies of your records and read them thoroughly, listen to your own body and keep asking questions. Don't wait and watch...afterall, it is your life.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2012

Dr. Blair is a wonderful practitioner. She listens, responds to concerns, is pro-active in her patients' care. Only problem is there is often a wait to see her, probably because she gives needed attention to each patient and may run over the scheduled time, causing a back up...but she never short-changes or rushes the next patient. She is worth the wait!!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2008

Dr. Emily Blair's Credentials

• University Of Osteopathic Medicine And Health Sciences (Grad. 1986)