Ratings for Dr. Richard A. Biama

Dr Richard Biama is straight to the point will not BS you and tell you the dam truth. He may beat to the tune of his own drum but, he will not lie to you and let you know the dam truth. If your going to lose your leg or worse he will let you know it. There was not a Dr./MD that would touch me after my femur went thru my pelvis. He may be honoree but, really knows what the heck he is doing. Master of his art. Former blue collar construction worker that turned to re-construction of the body. Thanks to Dr. or Mr. Richard Biama I was told I would lose my left leg above my left hip but, Biama saved my leg. Sent home by USC Med CTR with MRSA staft infection and a dangling left leg. USC told me was just fine. If not for Biama, I would have no leg and not be walking now almost 8 years after the last surgery. He welded a one in the world prosthetic hip and re-constructed a shattered pelvis in a 9 hour surgery. His beside manner may not be the best because the truth hurts and he sure will tell it to ya straight. PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

Best doctor...hands down. Awesome ability and personable. Skilled and Professional!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

Hands down The WORST doctor in the HISTORY of doctors! Never go to this man people. He's unprofessional and very RUDE!! NEVER GO TO HIM!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

Awful doctor. Total God complex. Do not go to him if you enjoy mobility. Unprofessional

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

Richard is a rude dr. He talks to you with all these medical terms like you are supposed to know what he means. I'm a pretty educated women but not in medicine. He has seen me twice the first time I waited 2.5 hours in the waiting room 45 mins to see him and then 30 mins for an X-ray to be told that he can't see much because I could not stand straight. Advised I come back in 2 weeks to bend my leg as much a as possible. Well to go back my first apt was pushed bad because he was going to be out of town. Now going forward, my second apt was scheduled a month away only to find out the day before it was cancled and I would have to wait another 3 weeks for the next apt or go to the Redlands office. I get here on time and 3 hours later still here. He walks right in and tells me I'm fat and I'm going to die if I don't do something soon and talks about how what weight loss procedures are better and that is who I have knee pains because of my weight and has his MA give me a dr for a band surgery and starts to walk out. I had to stop him and say well thanks for that info but I'm kit here because my weight is causing pain I don't have joint issues I was attacked by an dog causing me to fall and damage my leg I told you that my last apt also what about the X-ray and a treatment plan like do I need surgery or PT? He says let get an X-ray and walks out. I do the X-ray he come back and says oh wow you have good bones for your size and age umm ok but no one will operate until you get our BMI down to 27% and then gets silent. I'm like okay so what do I do in the mean time should I do PT or what. He daisy well move it and I'll give you pain medication. I'm filing a grievance with my insurance and asking for my copayment back he did not help me and I'm out of a copayment twice. He is horrible, no beside manner at all and not personable he is rude and unprofessional. Even his scheduling staff sucks for arrowhead orthopedic. However the staff on office at both locations were nice and easy to talk to. He gets no respect from me. I'm glad he is leaving the orthopedic group.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

The worst attitude I have ever encountered from a DR. so arrogant, talks down to you, total GOD complex. Do not see this dr if you would like the privilege of walking. Left me waiting to see him POST op for 2 hrs. in his waiting room. NO CONSIDERATION.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!!! He was A RUDE, CONDESCENDING, UNEMPATHETIC, UNCOMPASSIONATE, UNPROFESSIONAL JERK!! During my consultation, he walked into the exam room without introducing himself, and saw I was still filling out the history form. I was on the last page of the form and told him I would just be a few minutes. He made a comment about me not being done with the form he needed, and left the room. Through the door I could hear him talking about me to his staff. Next, I could hear him move on to see another patient. In the meantime I finished the form in approx five minutes after he left me. After 20-25 minutes, I could hear him in the hall very rudely telling a patient he was cutting off her pain meds after she asked for a prescription. She sounded incredulous when asking what she was supposed to do about her pain. I did not hear his response, but thought he was coming in to see me next, and instead heard him ask the medical assistants if room 6 was next (I was in room 4). I waited approximately another thirty minutes, several times wondering why he had not checked back with me after seeing the first patient. I felt as if he was trying to get back at me for not having the form ready. Anyway, when he finally returned, he still didn't introduce himself. I was sitting in a chair, and he pantomimed (instead of just asking) for me to get on the exam table. I proceeded to lay on the table and again he pantomimed for me to sit up. He never asked for the form he supposedly needed from me, just began to tell me how I did not look like I had the problem I came to him for, and that if I did have the problem there was nothing that could be done to help me. When I began to tell him what another doctor said that could help, he shut me down by saying, "Are you going to keep talking or are you going to let me talk?" He repeated this rudeness two additional times, once after I tried to give him some background on my condition, and another after I revealed to him that I am an RN. I was so angry that tears came to my eyes while I was trying to keep from disrespecting him and myself by cursing him out. I was still quite angry when he asked me a question, therefore I could not immediately trust myself to answer. After a minute or two had passed, he told his medical assistant that he did not know what I wanted since I would not open my mouth and say anything. As a nurse I have met my share of unprofessional doctors, but Dr. Biama is the most unprofessional of them all. AVOID HIM AT ALL COSTS!!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Dr Richard Biama is my hero. It took 5 doctors before i got mi hip replacement. Im so bless And lucky he took my case. I cant thank him enough. He is fast, direct, very professional , he gave my life back:) thank you Dr Biama, and staff!:)

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

Dr. Biama definitely is the best surgeon in the state of California

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

I would recomend Dr Biama to anyone, anytime. Great Docter. Hoping he can replace my other knee before he retires. His personality may be alittle different, but he knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2014

Dr. Richard A. Biama's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1980)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal