Dr. Felix Brizuela

5 1 3.2

You may also like

Rate Dr. Felix Brizuela

Dr. Felix Brizuela's Ratings

Dr. Brizuela is a lifesaver for legitimate pain patients. The druggies say awful things about him online because he cuts them off when he discovers that they're selling their pills. It's petty revenge, nothing more. Those of us who are NOT druggies and who are actually suffering from pain every day, we love the Doc. He's passionate about his work, he cares about the patient first and foremost, and he does everything he can to work with everyone's unique situation. I'm so thankful that we found him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2887845].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2015

I also was diagnosed with CIDP and received ivig treatments along with long term use of prednisone thinking I was being treated properly for my issue, I refused to take the opanea's, by no means am I a junkie and was following my dr order for his diagnosis which I know today was a false diagnose and much of my issues now come from the long term use of prednisone which he claimed I required for my condition!! I'm sure he gets a nice kick back from all these ivig infusions he sets individuals up for! I would like to talk with others on here who share my experience, your welcome to email me at themoles3at gmail dot com. Good luck to all recooperating after history wrong doings. I also experienced the no answers when calling or no return call themoles3@gmaul.com

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2884465].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 3, 2015

like many on here I also was wrongly diagnosed with CIDP if you would like to talk email me at Themoles3 @gmail.com I have contacted an attorney I

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2884123].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 3, 2015

I agree with staff probably not taking calls, it been happening more and more and so wrong. Agree West Virginia Medical Board of Osteopathic needs to investigate but they will protect this Doctor and Dr. Brizuela needs to be investigate and State of West Virginia needs to take action ASAP.... He making patient's worse and treating them wrong, he rude to his patient's and takes there money ( Joke ) Where is the LAW

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2870814].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

Dr. Felix is the worst con artist I have ever meet. He pretty much tells me I'm dying and he would take care of everything then turns around and says he cant help me with my problems until I get a test done that I know for a fact my Insurance covers but tells me its going to cost 400 dollars knowing there is no way I can come up with that kind of money. But the kicker of it is while I sat there at what I thought to be a good doctor a man comes in screaming his head off saying he busted his butt to get the money up for his wife's test and all because Dr. Felix was having a bad day sent her home and did not give her anything like he had promised. Sounds to me like he should be down town with crack and heroin dealers rather than sitting in his office protected by a piece of paper. I could bet money that if they would do an investigation on him he would be behind bars. I pray for every patient that steps foot into his office. He is after one thing and that is the almighty dollar and does not care who gets hurt on his way to the top. I would not recommend this man to my worst enemy. Its sad because so many go in looking for someone to care and help them with their illness and he is such a smooth talker but don't believe him everything he says is lies if you listen close I caught him in three with in the first 10 minutes or else he has a serious case of Alzheimer's!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2863117].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015

For THOSE that NEED to know where to go, Start Here ---->WV BOARD of Medicine
304) 558-2921
PLEASE CALL THEM WITH COMPLAINTS~ I ALREADY HAVE!!
AHHEMM!! Dr. Brizuella didn't "decide" to quit taking Medicaid. What he did, was LET LICENSE RUN OUT, and FAILED TO TELL HIS MEDICAID PATIENTS! BUT, he INSTEAD STILL DOES and WILL continue to see "already established" Medicaid patients, as long as YOU pay what he refers to as a Medicaid "co pay" that he says he now has to charge because of all the "Obama Care" 'n insurance changes, blah blah blah... This "Co Pay" varies from $95.00 up to $150.00 cash for each visit. Anyway, A while back, I received another bill, for over $1000.00 for Tests/Services that ARE COVERED by Medicaid! I've contacted my lawyer and found out what my rights are (as a patient) as far as having to pay the bill, since it wasn't in MY error..... Furthermore, I was diagnosed wrongly... CIDP was my "Diagnonsense!" Seems all of his patients have CIDP and his treatment is IVIG, Narcotic pain medicine, and Benzos. In my case, I was offered a prescription for Xanax for anxiety since, in his words, "a diagnosis of CIDP can be devistating, and he didn't want me to be overwhelmed." Never thought anything of Dr. Brizuella as pill pusher until I remembered when he suggested Xanax, which I absolutely did NOT need, since I had explained to him that I was already on a specific benzo. But he said that I should use the Xanax for "emergency anxiety" and that it wouldn't interfere. THEN, I READ SOME of the other reviews on here! :( It is also VERY true that in Morgantown, Wv Waterfont Pharmacy, and Sams club, and I had a little trouble at Wal*Mart are about the only ones that "honor" his narcotic scripts and if you don't have your diagnosis written on your script you can forget about taking it to any of those places! Walgreen, CVS, and both of the Morgantown, wv Kroger's said the reason Dr. Brizuella's Narcotic Scripts are no longer being "HONORED" is because he is Non Compliant with RX Regulations and IS OVER PRESCRIBING Narcotics. ! Now, those pharmacies will still fill his Non Narcotics scripts, NO PROBLEM.... but when I first found out about this, I immediately found another doctor, and after reading all the issues on here, that have ensued since then.... I'm glad I went with my "GUT," and found another Neurologist!! Oh, and P.S. His front desk Staff are about as unprofessional as the get! I have literally sat in their waiting room while they sit and chit chat with each other like no one hears them, while the phone is ringing off the hook! One time (as I sat waiting) Louie looked over (as the phone was ringing) and said "oh it's just that Thompson woman calling again for meds, just let it go to voice mail." Then a few minutes later, phone rang again and Louie said "Oh it's that "so 'n so" number again, I'm not dealing with that today." I hold nothing against him or his staff, but I will definitely do my best to get the TRUTH OUT to ANYONE that it can/will help or is some cases Even SAVE a Life! I so wish there was a way to talk to some of the other people that have left reviews on here!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2855494].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015

I totally agree with the last post. Dr. Brizuela is a good doctor who trusts his patients unlike so many other doctors out their that treat individuals like they are drug seeking when they stress their painful conditions they suffer from. He does not push pain medication, he looks for answers to the problems and then he finds a solution and if that involves weaning you off your medication that is what he does. Chances are the people on here that have nothing to say but bad things about Dr. Brizuela are just those cry babies that are mad when he in fact determines that you are drug seekers and he decides to stop prescribing you medication. He tests all of his patients through urine tests and I know first hand that once a patient fails a test he immediately ceases prescribing any further medication for that patient. This is exactly how he weeds out those who overuse, underuse or flat out sell their medication for profit. There are urine tests that determine the amount of medication in your system so he is well aware if you are lying about your use. Take a real look at the problem it is not with Dr. Brizuela it is with yourself. He does not force anyone to take anything and I agree he is not put on this earth to babysit you. Be mature enough to take your medication as prescribed and there will not be any problems. Finally if you are not happy with Dr. Brizuela then stop going to him plain and simple and do not tell me that he is the only doctor in your area that takes or took Medicaid. He simply decided that because of all the cut backs it is not beneficial for him to accept that type of insurance. Get over it. I have come to find that this is very common for doctors to change the type of insurance they take.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2839505].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

The people calling him a pill pusher and making awful judgements about his patients based on the way they dress ought to be ashamed of themselves. Dr. B is practically the last doctor in Morgantown who doesn't throw you out the minute you mention that you have pain. He puts himself at risk to actually help people who suffer terrible pain every day. He believes them, and he doesn't cast them aside and assume that they're just junkies trying to get high. It's slanderous jerks like the people here who made it so that he had to stop accepting Medicaid patients. It's not HIS fault that your idiot son or cousin or friend decided to OD on their pain meds. He's a doctor, not a nanny. Plenty of his patients are actual pain patients who need help and have nowhere else to turn. Why do they deserve to suffer because some other people did stupid and illegal things with their medicine? Leave Dr. B alone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2838793].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

He will not care about you nor treat you right... He is joke.. takes your money, lies and will definite diagnose you wrong, read his patient reviews people, local Pharmacist knows his scripts are wrong and nurses also knows this doctor is bad. Where the hospital, medical board, law. Don't go to him he will put you in harm way. There a lot patient's in danger because of Dr. Brizuela

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2826317].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

Dr. Brizuela leaves all his patient in Danger, all patient's should file complaints with the Medical Board. He has left a lot patient's with out treatment and he does even care what he is doing. His license should be revoke and charges against him... He has left all West Virginia Medicaid Patient's in Danger, where is the law, Medical Board......

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2825737].votes_count ]]