Ratings for Dr. Jo A. Johnson

I have lived in the Fenton area most of my life, and have been treated by Dr. Johnson many times. I am very worried about the well being of this woman. Please research other reviews on this doctor, as there are some very scary situations/stories. This office will not see a patient w/o receiving a credit card first! She took our copay, but then charged the full amount to my CC without my signature or providing a receipt. When I went back to complain, her boyfriend (who now does her billing) told us that they did not take Cigna. We gave our card to her and paid $40 copay before she saw my child! She and her boyfried now refuse to provide us with the paperwork in order to claim to our insurance. The office is never open during her posted business hours, and her voice mail says "if you don't like it, call Obama!" What is going on over there?

flag | Submitted August 29, 2010

Not good. Demeanor is very odd and uncaring. Unstable. Tried to bill us outside of insurance. Seems like fraud.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2010

I have no medical insurance. I stepped on a rusty nail and tried to clean it up myself, since I was pretty broke when it happened. It became very infected and somebody told me about this Urgent Care clinic, which was nearby where I was at the time. Dr. Johnson had a lot of work to do to dig all the stuff out of my wound, including bits of grass and rust. She fixed my swollen foot and gave me meds to finish getting rid of the infection and we had great conversation as she did it. All of this was after midnight, as I didn't even get there 'til 11ish pm. She stayed after hours, long after her staff left for the night and they closed, to help me. Then, when she was done, she only charged me 40.00 for all that work. She is a lovely humanitarian. What the other commenter called rude, I took for humor and being outspoken. She was very honest and straightforward. I can't sing her praises high enough, really. Thank you again, Dr. Johnson!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2009

I am new to the area, haven't had much luck in the past finding a good doctor, so was very please when I was lucky enough to find Dr. Johnson. From my experience the odds are against us finding a good doctor with these qualities.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2008

I have been to Dr. Johnson several times for myself and my daughter and have been pleased with the care and efficency in which we are in and out. I recommend Dr. Johnson.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2008

Dr. Johnoson is WONDERFUL. She has gone out of her way to help me with my medical needs. I can not say enought good things about her. A++

flag | Submitted March 19, 2008

You better call first. The hours are always changing. I will not return to this doctor. She can be very rude.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2008

Dr. Jo A. Johnson's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)