Ratings for Dr. Salvatore Giantinoto

I've experienced a lot of what others are saying. He disappeared from W. Islip and I had to search to find his new office. There wasn't even a message left at the old number telling of the new number. Very unprofessional and came off as intentionally deceptive. He doesn't return calls when you're being treated for something. His staff covers for him and seem as if they're a little fearful. Then of course is the dabbling in all sorts of cosmetic procedures. I foolishly had my lips done and they came out uneven. It's not his area of expertise so I shouldn't have taken a chance. Luckily it's not permanent! His office is plastered with posters pushing diets and procedures that he will do for you and he pushes them also. The saddest part of this is the message it sends to people; they need to change and be perfect instead of accepting and loving themselves. Fortunately I haven't had serious health issues but when I go to see him for minor ailments I never walk away with a straight up diagnosis and feel like I wasted my time.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

I am so upset to think that someone can be so cruel and have nothing better to do than hide behind a keyboard anonymously and just slander such a wonderful doctor like Dr. Sal Giantinoto. It's clear that it's the same person writing these comments. My family and I have been patient's of Dr. Sal's for approx. 9 yrs. my only complaint is not finding him sooner. Through the years, Dr. Sal has made house calls to our home, guided us through many difficult decisions, called other specialists to make arrangements for special surgeries and in the end he even took the time out to attend a wake for one of our family members that was a patient of his. For the comment about him being "Greedy" I don't think he made 1penny on any of his house calls, phone calls or for taking the time out to come to a wake! For the Record he is not a Plastic Surgeon and has never claimed to be one. What you probably are talking about is "Lipo-suction" which he is trained in , certified in and does an AMAZING job in. That I can tell you from personal experience. He is extremely reasonable with his rates and DOES NOT OVER CHARGE AT ALL!! As far as the remark about getting results back, I'm pretty sure you get results within a day or two max, how much faster can you get? The staff? I have never had a problem with, perhaps because I treat people with respect! As far as the office moving- the West Islip office was a little more convenient, however his new office is so much nicer, more professional, your not on top of everyone and you don't have to worry about parking. So what it's a big 10 mins further he's worth it. To say he owned the other place and now rents this one is RIDICULOUS!! How do you know what he owns, rents or otherwise. To say he left over night to run from his new reputation? What does that mean?? I'm pretty sure he did a lot of the work at the new office which probably took a long time so I highly doubt he moved over night. To say he moved to avoid a lawsuit? Is just horrible. Who are you??? Where do you come up with such garbage?? You should be ashamed of yourself!! I wish there was a way Dr. Sal and his staff could file a lawsuit against you for "DEFAMATION of CHARACTER" because we all know everything you wrote is COMPLETELY FALSE AND WAS WRITTEN JUST TO SLANDER HIS AWESOME REPUTATION.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

To the most recent rating for Dr. Sal Giantinoto along with the many others that are “mysteriously” written in the same context and harping on the same issues: 1. Dr. Sal does NOT perform plastic surgery, he performs what is called Body Contouring and he is licensed AND certified to do it, a license and certification that he renews YEARLY. He does NOT advertise or claim himself as a plastic surgeon. Also, unless YOU are a doctor, or better yet, a plastic surgeon, which I suspect you are not, you have no right to claim that he does procedures on patients when they need tummy tucks – you have no credentials to make that claim. 2. Dr. Sal, as many other doctors, takes cash as well as credit cards for payment. Just because he takes cash does not indicate or reflect poor recordkeeping. 3. He did not leave West Islip “overnight,” nor did he do so because he’s a “greedy selfish thief”. That’s a non-sequitur and the two are unrelated to your own uninformed opinion at a personally dissatisfying experience. He did not move to put out or put off his patients. And while the location may have been better in West Islip, he now has an office that can properly fit and cater to his affectionately growing clientele. It’s a shame you seem to have so much trouble with Dr. Sal, his staff, and his office. As a patient for over 11 years, I cannot say I agree with most of what you are claiming. More importantly, it doesn’t give you the right to state your opinions as facts and present your assumptions as anything more than that – assumptions. I also wonder if you’ve ever stated any of these grievances to Dr. Sal himself – any time I have ever had a problem or I was less-than-satisfied with anything in his office – be it a visit, a staff member, wait time, etc. – he has always been more than willing to listen to and understand me, and do everything he can to make it better.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

Moved far away from west islip to east islip,never informed his patients.had to find out when calling for an appt via message on answering machine. He didn't think for his patients who he had for years,thought for himself,this is what happens when you get greedy,needs more space for more patients,he did just as well in west islip.can't understand his logic? Why so far away? Will loose many patients over this,many patients who trusted and have been his patients for many years,very sad!!!!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2015

Just moved to east Islip it's a big inconvienence to travel so far for his patients that have been with him through the years,what took 10 mins max now takes about 25 mins to get to.did not think of his patients at all.I still can't understand him he's a place that he paid for but moved overnight to rent somewhere else.does not make sense at all.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

His staff horrible,needs to get rid of family and friends for his staff,this is ruining his name,gives plastic surgery to patients and is not a plastic surgeon,money runs through his head,also defends other drs when they get sued by patients,as the saying goes a Dr will defend another Dr even when the Dr is wrong ,don't trust him.he's only a( Do) not a surgeon.go to a plastic surgeon or get a second opinion.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

This doctor is not a plastic surgeon..Please go to a real professional . He seems so nice but he is greedy and his staff especially claire and barbara just cover for him and themselves. He performs smart lipo for large sums of money on people that need tummy tucks. He over charges and when you want your records ..good luck with that? I should file a formal complaint ..just trying to figure out how to do it!! DONT BE FOOLED BY HIS SMILE!!! He will rob you!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2015

Staff not to nice needs hospitality courses, nurses mean especially claire who thinks shes dr sal,nancy is not very nice,at least 45min Or longerTo see him.he talks into his computer would be nice to actually see his face when he talks to you.but hes a good dr.i rate him a 5 but everything else a1 ,also not as clean as it used to be.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

Dr Sal is wonderful he's an excellent doctor but wait time is not good takes about 45 mins to get into room,also one of his nurses is not very nice and unprofessional ,gave me a test I didn't ask for also pretty much told me to shut my mouth when I was talking to her.

Submitted August 24, 2014

Very hard. Get appt. When u do wait is average of 45 min. He knows his field but his head is swollen as hid knowledge. Not overly concerned with your well being. Makes wait long for test results.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

Dr. Salvatore Giantinoto's Credentials

• New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology (Grad. 1997)

Healthnet