Ratings for Dr. Stephen E. Schell

I arrived at my appointment to consult with Dr. Schell about some problems I was having with my tongue. I filled out paperwork and gave all my health insurance information before entering the examination room. When Dr. Schell entered the room, he did not acknowledge me at all. He was talking to someone on a Bluetooth device. He stuck something in my nose for no more than 20 seconds and told me to "eat yogurt". That was it. His solution did not work. I pay $35 for my copay. I receive an "Explanation of Benefits" from BCBS. The camera was a "surgery" and costs $284.00. I called the ENT office and asked them why the Doctor wouldn't tell me that the procedure he was going to perform was going to cost me $150 out of pocket. The angry lady on the phone stated, "How are we supposed to know what kind of insurance you have?". I responded, by the insurance information I gave you before my examination. Obviously, I canceled my follow up.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2013

Dr. Schell talks at you & doesn't listen to his patients. I came to him because I had muffled hearing in one ear that has lasted 2 yrs. he told me I needed a surgery to correct,I had the surgery which of course didn't fix the problem. Then when I returned for my follow up I had to remind him of why he did the surgery! He completely disregarded the reason I came to him was this "plugged" ear & told me my septum was deviated & this would correct my ear. He never listened, this has been a very frustrating issue. Now I am stuck paying for an unnecessary surgery. And at the follow up I told him my ear was still plugged, he tells me I now have a different ailment & wants me to go through all these other tests . No way!!! I am not giving one more dime to his incompetency!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2013

In a nutshell, my 10 month old son swallowed a coin and "Dr." Schell told me that my son will most likely die. He said this at least 3 times that there is nothing he could do if it had been in his esophagus as long as I thought (maybe 2 weeks). Rudely gave me the option of going to Childrens hospital if I want. Said he'd arrange an ambulance. I asked for a helicopter since I thought he was dying. He said, "If it's been in there that long, another 2 hours won't make a difference." 13 doctors at Children's Hospital were appauled and apologized for his actions and behaviors. Completely disgusting excuse for a doctor. The agony of believing my child was dying, when in fact it was a routine procedure, was unbearable. DO NOT EVER GO TO THIS DOCTOR IF YOU WANT TO BE TREATED WITH RESPECT AND TO BE TREATED ACCURATELY!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2011

Dr. Stephen E. Schell's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)

Healthnet