Ratings for Dr. Young Kwon

All the people here must have seen a different Doctor than I did. He cut me off perhaps once when I started to ramble a bit , but rightfully so. He couldn't have been more professional and to the point with a good sense of humor.. Very friendly bedside manner. I had an MRI done and he presented my options to me. I would not hesitate to go to him again should I choose the option of surgery. I feel he's been u fairly maligned here.. IM 63 and I've been to a LOT of doctors. Dr. Kwon is tops in my book--Signed, satisfied from Brooklyn.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

He repaired both of my shoulders (removed bone spurs, cut away frayed labrum, reattached labrum to bone with anchors) 1-2 years apart. The first surgery was uneventful and he was cordial before surgery, then indifferent at follow up, but everything went well. Second one he was late/rushed for consult and made a really stupid remark right before I was taken in to surgery. I woke up at some point to hear him yelling at whoever was working on or just closing up my shoulder. The nurse told them I was awake and they gave me a sedative. He was a real jerk at post op, didn't care about my pain at followup, nor what the physical therapist was saying, nor care what a post-op MRI report said. I suffered for a year until things finally got better. All of that said... 6-7 years later I am happy with both of my shoulders. I have 100% mobility in one and zero pain in the first. The other zings me once in a while but has great mobility. Both are like brand new compared to what I had. I think he is a good surgeon but I'm not sure if I would choose him again.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Dr. Kwon spent a total of 5 minutes for both my visits. He never bothered to look at my X-rays on the initial visit. On the second visit he made this statement "I don't care" when referring to whether I chose an injection for my pain. I think I understand Dr. Kwon's meaning, but one shouldn't say that to their patient. Couldn't you try to care just a little? After the second visit my motivation for getting better was so I wouldn't have to return to him.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2013

very knowledgeable and considerate. follow ups curdious and professional.thumbs up!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2010

terrible bedside manner,terrible attitude,uncaring is in it just for the paycheck. if you go to see him at the VA hospital good luck he very rarely shows up for scheduled appts. worst surgeon ever

flag | Submitted June 26, 2009

This doctor is very uncaring, has TERRIBLE bedside manners, cold hearted, let me suffer physically as well as emotionally. I will never ever recommends him to anybody, and wish I new it about him before I choose him as my surgeon.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2008

Dr. Young Kwon's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1997)