You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Stephen C. Saris

Boy do I wish I had read these reviews before going to this doctor. His online credentials seem excellent, which is why I chose to see him. I have been disabled for 2 years with a severe back problem. I have been diagnosed with radiculopathy/nerve compression, degenerative disk disease, bone spurs, facet joint overgrowth, and gait abormality by SEVERAL doctors, and I have an EMG which confirms nerve damage in my hands and legs. My MRI reports mention bone spurs and degenerative changes at the precise locations where the EMG shows the nerve damage coming from. A pretty rudimentary and classic presentation of a severe spine issue. I traveled one hour in a wheelchair van to see this guy, and waited in his office for one hour (during which time I was told the doctor and the PA were seeing other patients) before being seen by a PA. The PA came in to the room, and started asking me questions which clear that he had not taken the time to read the pretty thorough file I had taken the time to put together for them. He spent about 2 minutes with me pulling on my hands and feet and doing a few reflex tests, then left. The doctor came in about two minutes later, and very condescendingly told me that for the life of him he just could not find anything that could be causing my pain. He told me that he had reviewed the thousands of images on my MRI (ostensibly while he was also seeing the other patient? I saw when the other patient left, and it was about ten minutes before the doc came to see me). Total time spent with both the PA and the doc was 10 mins max. It was clear to me neither of them reviewed my file with any degree of thoroughness. BIG mistake going to this guy without doing more research.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2015

Dr. Saris is a hired gun for the insurance companies. He does more "independent" evals than any other Doc in his field. He will either find nothing wrong with you or if it is so severe that even he can't deny it he will determine it was caused by anything except for what the insurance company is liable for. If you question my view look his name up in RI court cases you'll see he's in quite a few always against his patient and for the insurer. Also, he has an obnoxious bedside manner, probably his juvenile way of coping with the fact that his medical ethics are for sale and patients are the unfortunate victims.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2013

Dr. Saris is an insurance company doctor who has ice flowing through his veins. He belittled me. I have never met a more cold and uncaring doctor in my life.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

Excellent office staff. Didn't wait at all. Spent a lot of time going over my problem. Wasn't"'t just interested in operating on me.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2012

flag | Submitted March 18, 2008

Dr. Stephen C. Saris's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)

Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Boy do I wish I had read these reviews before going to this doctor. His online credentials seem excellent, which is why I chose to see him. I have been disabled..."

August 28, 2015
  • First Name changed from "Stephen" to "Stephen C."

October 20, 2013