Ratings for Dr. Cynthia A. Blalock

Dr. Blalock has been my physician for many years and has provided amazing healthcare. She and her staff have gone above and beyond in order to meet my needs. Dr. Blalock truly listens, is compassionate, and spends the necessary times needed to address each patient's need. I have never had a physician like Dr. Blaclock who has always provided me with outstanding care.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Dr Blalock has provided excellent health care for me and my family including my son , mother and father for over 10 years. She is very compassionate , wise and has an excellent staff and convenient location. It is very easy to make an appointment and accommodates walk ins without a significant wait. The medical clinic business in Mt Pleasant is very competitive and it is a testament to her Skills and the Service they provide that they continue to thrive and grow. In my opinion there are too many inappropriate vicious critiques and malignant comments by competitors and others toward practicing solo physicians that do not reflect reality and hurt our medical community. As a physicians' physician I can honestly recommend Blalock Urgent Care clinic as an excellent place to receive outstanding health care in a pleasant , convenient and professional setting. I wish Thank the staff at Dr Blalock's for doing such a great job with my family's health care needs. Bravo. reflect reality.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

I love Dr Blalock & truly know she's made my life and health so much better! Highly recommend as your GP or urgent care needs -- she knows her stuff and is so kind, too!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

I received thorough and kind care from Dr Blalock and her staff. I had been sick for several days with fever and body aches. I feel terrible and just couldn't keep anything down. I was pleased how quickly and effectively they started my care and helped me feel better. They got me set up for an ultrasound that morning and we were able to confirm that my gallbladder was OK after all All very reassuring when you're sick and away from home. Hope I'm not sick again when I'm visiting but if I am I will definitely check in with him for help

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016

I was a patient of Dr Blalock for a few years because I live so close to her office. After so many bad experiences I figured I couldn't be the only patient receiving such awful care so I googled her and found this article about her in our local newspaper, she is being investigated for using hidden cameras in her exam rooms: http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20131001/PC16/131009952 I spoke to a few other girls who I knew had gone to Dr Blalock before and they told me horror stories about Dr Blalock trying to give them GYN exams. I doubt that she will have a medical license much longer, she even mentioned once how much she hated getting visits from the Labor Licensing and Review Board. What you can expect if you visit her office: You can expect to wait up to 2 hours, even if you have an appointment. Once they asked me to reschedule after I had been waiting for over an hour. The staff will never be the same as your last visit. Terry left years ago and ever since Dr Blalock cannot keep a nurse, PA or receptionist for more than 2 weeks. Your will be charged a different amount/copay for each visit. They may ask you to pay more for past visits because someone billed you wrong previously. You'll hear the staff talking about Dr Blalock: "someone call Dr Blalock at home and tell her that her appointment is here" or "she's been at lunch for hours, what are we supposed to tell her patients?" You'll interact with nurses who are giving you tests and charging you for things which they cannot even explain.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

I'm really not one to leave a bad review of a business, and I am typically someone who thinks that "bad reviews are always from negative people." But the unprofessional work my mom experienced in Dr. Blalock's office is something that cannot go unnoticed. On December 30th, while visiting family in Mt. Pleasant, my mom severely hurt her heel and required stitches. As most urgent care offices were closed on the account of it being close to New Year's Eve, I chose to take her to Dr. Blalock's office on due to the 4 star rating her office had on Google. Aside from substantial wait times, Dr. Blalock was completely unprofessional during the stitching procedure. She not once told my mom when she was going to apply anesthetic, never told her when she would start stitching, and to top it all off, my mom wasn't completely numb and Dr. Blalock proceeded anyway. Oh, and she received a call and asked my brother to answer the phone for her and hold it up to her face so she could talk - super professional. The stitch job Dr. Blalock gave was so horribly done that my mom had to get on a course of antibiotics following a visit to our primary care physician, and the wound still hasn't completely healed over 2 weeks later. I would never suggest or advise ANYONE to visit Dr. Blalock. Side note: I would like to add that the nurse that assisted my family during the entire procedure was extremely helpful! She was the only pleasant part of this entire interaction.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

Dr. Blalock has been my primary physician since I moved to the Charleston area four years ago. She has tended to my health needs both large and small during that time. Properly diagnosing and treating my high blood pressure as well as health concerns that have developed from a failed prosthetic joint implant. She guided me to an outstanding specialist and continues a collaborative treatment with this specialist for my benefit. Her manner and approach is genuine and caring. Hope that she'll be here as long as I will...and with her medical guidance I'm hopeful that will be a long time!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

This is a unique urgent care. Most places you can walk in do not take the time to listen to the patient or their symptoms. They just treat you like a sore throat or a headache or some other problem. These guys seem to really clue in on what's going on both with me and my kids and figure out what is causing it. The last time they figured out that a lot of my issues have come from my allergies that were not diagnosed and managed. Another time they got me into physical therapy the next day because of tendonitis. I thought I had broken my foot. Really very respectful of me and my time. I was even surprised when they asked to examine me. I don't remember a doctor doing that since I was a kid!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

Its ALWAYS hours when i take my mother in law in for her appointments even when she has appointments and its just to sign off on her medications. Most unorganized office ive ever been in. All this woman is good for is poorly injecting god only knows into peoples faces and writing those pain pill scripts!

Submitted June 2, 2015

Do not be fooled by her spa-derm like services. In fact, steer clear! Do not let her inject anything into your face, period! I spend 2 years waiting for a misplaced filler to eventually resolve. She not only used a product incorrectly but she injected it under my eye causing a white bump/stain that took two years to resolve. She called me personally after realizing her mistake and offered me free services. I told her I was not interested. She took 2 years of my self confidence away in one appointment!

Submitted May 9, 2015

Dr. Cynthia A. Blalock's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

Dr. Blalock attended Brevard College where she was inducted into Phi Theta Kappa, was elected its Vice President and was awarded the Phi Theta Kappa FAU Honors Scholarship. She completed her undergraduate studies at The University of North Carolina Charlotte where she was inducted into Omicron Delta Kappa for academic excellence. She then attended Emory University School of Medicine. Upon graduation she compelted a residency in Emergency Medicine at Emory Affiliated Hospitals with a concentration in Critical Care, Surgery, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics and Gynecology. Upon completion she was designated Diplomate by The American Board of Emergency Medicine and was inducted Fellowship in The American College of Emergency Physicians. Dr. Blalock has since provided excellence in Emergency Care and has a strong interest in Wilderness Medicine and SCUBA. In 2007 she created Mt Pleasant Urgent Care / Blalock Urgent & Family Care. Dr. Blalock prides herself in providing thorough and personal care to each of her patients. She feels honored to be able to offer results oriented services to those desiring comprehensive medical care for their urgent medical needs.

• Emory University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)
  • University of North Carolina Charlotte (Grad. 1988)

• American Board of Emergency Medicine, Diplomate