Ratings for Dr. Edgar Achkar

he made me feel that i was a fake. he did not really listen to me. i think he needs to listen and not judge.he is missing the connection.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2010

Dr Achkar performed an EGD today and as sensitive as I am to the occasional arrogance of doctors, my wife and I found him to be exceptionally gracious and attentive making the procedure painless despite my discomfort and giving us a clear explanation afterward of the results. (Bad hair day for previous poster? It happens!)

flag | Submitted May 11, 2010

Straight forward to the point. recommend to all. explains well if you ask. scoped me 2 times (upper) for achalasia and Balloon esophageal dilation with good results 2+ years. helped sched. appointments and tests same day to save trip. a+++

flag | Submitted March 30, 2009

Dr. Achkar lived up to his reputation of being one of the world's leading gastroenterologists. He assessed an on-going problem and treated it correctly and quickly. His input on a later surgery and resultant complications helped my treatment plan immensely during the course of an almost-10-month in-patient stay. I trust him implicitly.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

One word will sum up this person: Insulting. I cannot even bring myself to call him a doctor. I spent most of the visit speaking to another doctor, his assistant, and then about 5 minutes with Achkar at the end. He was condescending, uncaring, made light of the situation and explained nothing of his 'plan' to find out what was wrong with me. It was obvious he did not take me or anything I was saying seriously. He 'knew' I was fine and it was all in my head and I should just 'go home'. Mr. Achkar, however, was also very incorrect in his diagnosis in the end, and if I had followed his recommendation to just 'go home' I would be very very sick at this time. It seems that the local family physician was able to pinpoint the very problem that "world-renowned Dr. Edgar Aschkar" could not.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2005

Dr. Edgar Achkar's Credentials

• St Joseph'S Univ, Fac Of Med, Beirut, Lebanon (Grad. 1963)

Workers Comp