Ratings for Dr. Robert Clarke

Always found Dr. Clarke and his staff very helpful and caring. Couldn't find a better G.P.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Dr. Clark has known me my entire life pretty much. He knows what he talks about if you have any kind of issue.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

Keep him away from your children! My young son had a cold (he suspected bronchitis) which he quickly prescribed with antibiotics. They failed to work. After a few weeks' wait and a trip to Children's Hospital, the paediatrician shook her head and advised us that his prescribed antibiotics don't work for bronchitis is my son's age group :( A visit a few months later, I was met with hostility when I wanted a referral to a paediatrician. He refused, wanting our family doctor (who was out of the country) to examine him first. (Is he not a GP too?) Our most recent visit resulted in him simply writing a prescription with no explanation. When we politely asked for an explanation of what was wrong with our son, he rolled his eyes and replied with one-word answers. In what universe does a Dr. not give parents an explanation of what he suspects the problem is. I understand his clinic is busy and he is rushing to see patients, but my husband and I were just blown away. (So much so that this has led me to write my first ever rating on this site!) I think his mentality is "the Dr. knows best, don't ask questions." That is plain scary for an old school Dr. who asks few questions, has little knowledge of a patient's history and simply doles out prescriptions. Sigh....

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

quiet, soft spoken man whos very knowlegable.. been going to him all my life

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

I have been going to Dr. Clarke for twenty years. He saw me through the toughest times in my life. He has never lied or misdiagnosed me. He told me that my asthma was out of control, that I was overweight and that I was going to die unless I changed. He saved my life. Haven't used an inhaler in 5 years. I will always be grateful to him. He is a very good doctor.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

Of the doctors at this clinic, Dr. Clark is probably the worst - certainly my least favorite. The staff and many of the other doctors there are fine. Dr. Clark is pleasant enough like some people have commented on, but he is not very engaging and does not ask you very many questions when you are relaying your issues for being there. As such I do not find him to be very thorough. I find when asking questions his answers are usually brief, lacking a good explanation and he does not tend to elaborate very much if you start asking followup questions. Getting answers or opinions from him is almost as bad as pulling teeth sometimes. It gives me cause to wonder just how interested he is for my reasons for being there. When I leave there I often feel as though I have wasted my time unless I have gone to see him for something very quick and basic. I can relate to other people saying he is only after your money to some extent. I was charged $40 for a 1 page form I needed him to fill out. I had previously gone to the other clinic in Ladner and had brought them the same form and they charged me less than half the price he charged. I was not impressed. Before I paid the $40 for the form I had asked them if there was anything they could do about the price to reduce it and explained the other clinic had recently filled out this form for $15. The answer I got was unfortunately no because he found it complicated to fill out. When I had the other doctor at the other clinic fill the same form out, it took them about 2-3 min tops to complete. The form was not long or complicated and I really can't believe that was the line of reasoning he used to justify charging $40. If Dr. Clark honestly finds this form complicated, it brings into question his competence in my mind. Maybe he should consider retiring if this is the case . . . In reality perhaps he just likes to gouge people on the forms to line his pockets.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

Thanks to this so called doctor I had a hearth attac! This hearth stack was totally preventable, should Clark paid more attention to his patients. Stay away from this doctor. He should have his licence revoked. Unfortunaly I did not know that there is only a two year period of time to sue a doctor in Canada. He have ruined my livelihood and health. George from Delta.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

i have not had a family doctor in 15+ years and have seen a my share of walk in clinic doctors. Dr. Clarke was the first and only doctor to ever order a blood test to start a base line of my health. it almost brought me to tears to finally see a Dr. that even remotely cared about my health. In my mind he is a very good Dr.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2014

Dr. Clarke has been my GP for the last 5 years. A great listener and does his homework! He is the only Dr. that I have had that actually checks the meds he prescribes to make sure there are no adverse reactions. He never rushes you and isn't a pill pusher !! I think that all Doctors should take a page from his book.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Clarke's for over 20 years. He is quiet, but he will answer every single question that you have. He is up to date on the most recent information. Patient, kind and gentle. Awesome doctor.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2013