Dr. Terry May

Outstanding Staff Badge

Ratings for Dr. Terry May

She was dismissive of my symptoms and did not provide a good effort to find out what was wrong with me. I kept returning for follow up visits with little result. I ended up going to the ER after several months, it turned out I had cancer which was diagnosed within a day of going to the ER.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2016

She did not take my past history into account. She choose to do nothing with my persistent coughing and a past history of frequenc bronchiolitis. When I go back home from the clinic my fever went up from 99 to 100. And I start wheezing. She claimed that my wheezing was related to allergy, but I never have fever with my allergy.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

I'm disappointed with the services of the Dr. May and her nurses, the communication from them is unbelievable! I’ve been with them for over a year and a half, which was too long, as far as I’m concern now. I will be finding a new doctor as soon as possible, I don’t trust them at all! On one occasion, the doctor prescribed one dose of meds for me, only to give me the wrong one, after telling me she was giving me something else. The nurse caught it, and brought it to the doctor’s attention, another time I caught it, now that’s two red flags. After having research done on my meds, I found out the meds, were actually increasing my sugar level, thus putting me in the diabetic category! Now she wants to prescribe new pills for the sugar level. She’s too quick to push those pills, I suggested we take out the part that caused the sugar to rise, and now I’m having a difficult time, trying to get meds I can afford, which is the generic. They’re really unorganized, nurse didn't call back either.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2014

I'm barely 22, so I've had few doctors in my life. In high school, my dr moved & I was involuntarily placed w/ May. I'm still young, & so have many questions. When I ask them she brushes them off as if I over-think everything, & makes me feel so uncomfortable that I just don't ask anything anymore. 1 year ago, I had- what I found out by another doctor -a benign growth on my neck. During a check-up, I asked May what it could be & what to do about it. She told me to sterilize a needle & bleed it out. After doing this, I bled constantly for >14 hours & the growth quadrupled in size. She had no idea what she was talking about! I ended up needing surgery to remove it. I'll give her points for trying to be kind, but everything I have to say about school, my major, etc. is turned around & made about her family & how they're better than me. She's incredibly rude. I have limited time for appts because of school, and she can't wait 1 hour over Thxgiving to see me so I can drive the 4 hours home

flag | Submitted July 30, 2012

Dr. May is always friendly and very knowledgeable. She always takes the time to answer my questions and she is never condescending. I love her!!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2011

Spent time with her at DMG Naperville. Don't understand the above comments?? Very helpfull and knowledgeable...she takes time to listen and although i don't like what she has to say sometimes, i'm not there to direct my healtcare. She has been great!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2011

Her bedside manner leaves much to be desired. Her wait and do nothing approach to almost every symptom or illness is ineffective.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2010

did not help me at all. said it was to soon to retest my blood, but when i went to hospital just after that, there was a HUGE difference in my levels and I went to another doctor and they brought down my medication level as needed. she did nothing for me. she is now in naperville

flag | Submitted June 12, 2009

I would not recommend visiting Terry May at Joliet Doctors Clinic. She is unhelpful and has a poor bed side manner. She doesn't listen to the symptoms, to diagnose properly and she is rude.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2008

Dr. Terry May's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Osteopathy (Grad. 1999)

Top Hospitals in Naperville, IL