Ratings for Dr. Katherine Wambera

Horribly rude and unorganized staff. Waited months for a EEG referral that never was scheduled. Staff scheduled a follow up appointment for the test that never happened; and when i could not make the appointment (was given wrong date) I was told I would need to be re referred and that my sons file would be closed. The Dr. Herself was nice enough but not very helpful.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

Returned from vacation and needed a refill on our prescription and the pharmacy sent dr.Wambera's office a refill request and they got a fax back saying "they did not return our calls and are no longer our patient". They left us 2 messages the past two weeks and were planning to get to it now that we are back. It's unfortunate that she thinks so little of her patients that she drops them after not hearing for a few weeks. Please be aware of that if you every go on vacation. I echo the multiple other people who have personally told us this office has terrible bedside manner. We have tried in the past to call and ask a quick question about some behaviour we were seeing and were too if we wanted an answer to book an appointment, for a low income family with 2 special needs children it is very difficult to drive 7 hours for a quick question.

Submitted August 4, 2017

Dr. Wambera recently diagnosed my daughter. Intelligent, professional, concise Doctor. The most genuinely sympathetic person I have encountered on my journey thus far. Dr. Wambera thank you for caring for my daughter.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

We have been seeing Dr . Wambera for a few months since my son was diagnosed with nocturnal epilepsy. We think she is wonderful. My son actually looks forward to seeing her, and what kid looks forward to a doctors visit?! She is extremely knowledgeable, and explains things in a way we can all understand. Have never had any problems whatsoever with her or her staff.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

Great doctor very knowledgable but male office staff awful been trying to get a prescription properly completed for 7 weeks to no avail. Had to make appt with GP to get paperwork for prescription since end of May. Male office staff not returning repeated calls and neglected to fax pharmacy 7 weeks ago. Seriously going to consider BCCH for further neuro visits. Incompetent office assistant who pretends he's the doctor, dangerous for Dr.Wamberas practice.

Submitted July 20, 2016

Dr Wambera is very knowledgable and dedicated. The office staff used to be organized and friendly, now so unprofessional and terrible to deal with. Unfortunate.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Wonderful Doctor , my daughter had the best care from her when she was having seizures as a baby:)

flag | Submitted June 4, 2016

I have to agree with the comment that was made by another client today - the staff of the office are EXTREMELY disorganized and very unhelpful. I have appreciated Dr. Wambera but am so unhappy with having to deal with the office staff. I wish there were more choices in the city for help as I do NOT want to have to deal with her office staff again :(

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

Dr. Wamberia is a fantastic physician. She extremely knowledgable, and is able to explain any complications related to my child's condition. She is easy to talk to and has an exceptional bedside manner. Unfortunately I have had some issues with the office staff. I attempted to confirm an appointment. Sadly there was a mixup with the day. Unsure if it's my fault or the booking clerks ... instead of being sympathetic to my situation (it's a 3 hour drive and booked the whole day off from work) I was told I have to wait for the staff to talk to the GP. I called back after an hour, quite upset that our appointment was"missed". I did mention that I thought that I was told a different day and was hoping they could somehow squeeze me in somewhere- not in another months time- instead I was transferred over to a male staff who yelled at me (again unsympathetic to my situation) and was rudely told I can listen to a tape recording of the booking and confirmation call, and because i missed my appointment I have to wait until the physician can review my case before they will rebook. Very upsetting and unprofessional. :(

Submitted May 31, 2016

Dr Wambera is my hero. If she had not advocated for my son we would not have the genetic diagnosis that we now know effects several members of our family. When no one else listened she did. When no one else believed us about his strange symptoms (his disease has 6 cases worldwide) she did and always respected us as the expert on our child. I am forever grateful for her always putting the patient first. We have met many doctors and can say she is one of the very very best. Thank you Dr Wambera for fighting for our family and our diagnosis. I will never forget your kindness <3 Jonah's Mom

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

Dr. Katherine Wambera's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English
  • French

• University of Ottawa (Grad. 1995)
  • University of British Columbia (Grad. 2004)
  • Queen's University Kingston (Grad. 1993)
  • Regis College University of Toronto (Grad. 1994)

Amerigroup