Ratings for Dr. Katherine Wambera

Great doctor very knowledgable but male office staff awful been trying to get a prescription properly completed for 7 weeks to no avail. Had to make appt with GP to get paperwork for prescription since end of May. Male office staff not returning repeated calls and neglected to fax pharmacy 7 weeks ago. Seriously going to consider BCCH for further neuro visits. Incompetent office assistant who pretends he's the doctor, dangerous for Dr.Wamberas practice.

Submitted July 20, 2016

Dr Wambera is very knowledgable and dedicated. The office staff used to be organized and friendly, now so unprofessional and terrible to deal with. Unfortunate.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Wonderful Doctor , my daughter had the best care from her when she was having seizures as a baby:)

flag | Submitted June 4, 2016

I have to agree with the comment that was made by another client today - the staff of the office are EXTREMELY disorganized and very unhelpful. I have appreciated Dr. Wambera but am so unhappy with having to deal with the office staff. I wish there were more choices in the city for help as I do NOT want to have to deal with her office staff again :(

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

Dr. Wamberia is a fantastic physician. She extremely knowledgable, and is able to explain any complications related to my child's condition. She is easy to talk to and has an exceptional bedside manner. Unfortunately I have had some issues with the office staff. I attempted to confirm an appointment. Sadly there was a mixup with the day. Unsure if it's my fault or the booking clerks ... instead of being sympathetic to my situation (it's a 3 hour drive and booked the whole day off from work) I was told I have to wait for the staff to talk to the GP. I called back after an hour, quite upset that our appointment was"missed". I did mention that I thought that I was told a different day and was hoping they could somehow squeeze me in somewhere- not in another months time- instead I was transferred over to a male staff who yelled at me (again unsympathetic to my situation) and was rudely told I can listen to a tape recording of the booking and confirmation call, and because i missed my appointment I have to wait until the physician can review my case before they will rebook. Very upsetting and unprofessional. :(

Submitted May 31, 2016

Dr Wambera is my hero. If she had not advocated for my son we would not have the genetic diagnosis that we now know effects several members of our family. When no one else listened she did. When no one else believed us about his strange symptoms (his disease has 6 cases worldwide) she did and always respected us as the expert on our child. I am forever grateful for her always putting the patient first. We have met many doctors and can say she is one of the very very best. Thank you Dr Wambera for fighting for our family and our diagnosis. I will never forget your kindness <3 Jonah's Mom

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

Male staff member is so rude. Very unprofessional and innappropriate! We had an appointment in Vancouver worth the neurosurgeon and we could not connect with the clinic at all before we left. He was to call me and never did. When he finally called on a Sunday he yelled into my machine that I was hard to get a hold of and he has sick. My machine cuts off after a time and he ran out of time before leaving me when to get my MRI disk to take to Van. We are crossing our fingers for the trip tomorrow. Also did not give us the msp sheet so we are on the hook for the ferry trip too. Uggg. She seems okay but we haven't much to do with her yet. My daughter seems boring to her I guess.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

Dr. Katherine Wambera

Dr. Katherine Wambera's response
My staff member was not "yelling" he had laryngitis and his voice was hoarse, which he apologized for in the message. He also apologized for not having been able to call you on Saturday, also his day off, due to his having no voice. The office phone logs show repeated attempts to return your call earlier in the week during working hours and no return call from you until right before closing on Friday afternoon. He went into the office on a day off, Sunday, despite being ill, to make a final attempt to reach you before your appointment in Vancouver. You did get the replacement disk (to replace the one misplaced by neurosurgery) that he had left for you before going to Vancouver, as well as the TAPS form. I am sorry if you feel that my assistant's attempts to help you were unsatisfactory. I am also sorry that you feel that your daughter seems boring to me, I care a great deal about all my patients.

Submitted March 15, 2016

I would not suggest this doctor, major problems with staff.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Although Dr. Wambera is a wonderful and knowledgable doctor, I have had nothing but trouble from her office lately. There is a high level of disorganization and very unprofessional and messy environment.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

Dr. Katherine Wambera

Dr. Katherine Wambera's response
Unfortunately my office has been understaffed recently due to illness and a member of my staff leaving to resume her studies. My assistant and I have been working late nights and weekends to try to keep the paperwork done as quickly as possible. I apologize for any delays or appearance of a lack of organization. I have recently hired a new secretary and she is in the process of being trained. I am hoping that things will be running smoothly again as soon as possible. Unfortunately when I have 2 staff members off sick, the one person remaining does not always have time to pick up and organize the waiting room toys between patients.

Submitted March 15, 2016

We have been seeing Dr. Wambera for just over a year. My son suffers from prolonged febrile seizures and break through seizures. She is straight forward which i appreciate immensely. I don't want anyone who will sugar coat or pull the wool over my eyes. She has made stop ins to the hospital to check on my son after full days at her office and always squeezes us in when we need to be. She is so focused on helping us! Thanks!!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

Dr. Katherine Wambera's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English
  • French

• University of Ottawa (Grad. 1995)
  • University of British Columbia (Grad. 2004)
  • Queen's University Kingston (Grad. 1993)
  • Regis College University of Toronto (Grad. 1994)