Ratings for Dr. Deborah M. Axelrod

Dr. Axelrod and her team gave me medical care at such a high of level, I never could have imagined it existed previously. She saved my life. She has such great expertise, and was so on top of my case and its details. She is so supportive and available to talk as needed. Her team was amazing, too in the office and at the hospital. Dr. Axelrod connected me with a great oncologist and a plastic surgeon. I just couldn't be more grateful for her passion and commitment to her patients and fighting cancer. Dr. Axelrod was also very timely, she got me through surgery before it got into my lymph nodes, and kept me at Stage 1.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2018

There aren’t enough stars to rate the person who saved my life. Dr. Axelrod has been nothing but professional, caring, and a great supporter in my journey with breast cancer. Her knowledge,expertise , and compassion are truly above and beyond other surgeons I had consulted with at diagnosis. The whole experience with NYU went very smoothly. I wouldn’t go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2018

Be ready to wait for several hours and only see the doctor for a few minutes. I had a horrible experience with Dr Axelrod. I really contemplated if I should write a review. She didn't bother to get to know me and see what I wanted to do with my body. She was more interested in filling her paperwork then talking to me. Before she left she didn't even ask if I had questions. I understand this is her job and at times everything can seem routine but this is not routine to me and want a doctor with more compassion. My husband was very upset with the whole situation as well. Really hope she is better for others but for sure left a scare on me during a very difficult time.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

Dr. Axelrod is not only brilliant, she is caring. She realizes that she is treating actual people and I wouldn't want anyone else in my corner.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

Wonderful, compassionate, caring, brilliant and soothing just about sum up Dr. Axelrod. I have been seeing her for 20+ years and she has always been approachable, knowledgeable, and wise. If you are in search of a breast surgeon - search no further as she is the best!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

It's unfortunate that we don't have more Docs today like Dr. Axelrod who take the time to see and listen to their patients. Often times she does run over with patients because she is listening with compassion and understanding.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

She's the most amazing Doctor. She spends so much time with you which is the only reason I scored low for punctuality.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2018

She is very skilled and knowledgeable surgeon! It is very hard to get an appt with her. She may seem a bit impatient and wired at times, but I believe it’s all because she is very busy and good at what she does!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

I had a lumpectomy for a benign cavernous hemangioma. My body rejected the sutures and I had a gaping area in the scar the wouldn’t close. Under that area I kept developing seromas. The response was always immediate and thoughtful, by both the doctor and the Nurse Practioner Kim. Everyone from the front desk to the people who keep calendars and appointments has been helpful and patient. I’ve had more post op appointments in 4 weeks than the past three years of all doctor visits combined. Yet they’re patiently attending to my case. I couldn’t feel more sure and safe in the hands of this competent team.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2018

I don't know who are the so called "PATIENTS" leaving these horrible reviews. Dr. Axelrod has been my surgeon for the past 4 years and I respect and bow down to her impeccable experience as a surgeon. I've had breast cancer twice in the same breast and NO ONE, not even doctors, can tell I had breast surgery. I compare my breast with others and they are shocked when I show them how sweet my breast looks after two surgeries. Dr. Axelrod is compassionate and the level of her knowledge is far best than other oncologist I have visited. Thank you Dr. Axelrod for all you have done for me and my friends who also appreciate your practice.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018