Ratings for Dr. Deborah M. Axelrod

Great physician and compassionate person; unfortunately she works for the wrong hospital AKA NYU Langone.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Never felt more invisible and alone. Tone deaf and insensitive. Cursory exams. Cursory explanations. Felt meat on a conveyor belt.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Dr. Axelrod is an extremely knowledgeable, caring and talented breast surgeon.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

The staff here is horrible. Debra is a miserable person and is not empathic at all. There is little effort to help patients.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

She is amazing, caring, smart, delightful & the best breast surgeon. I am fortunate to have found her.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2016

I am a 9 year survivor of breast cancer THANKS to Dr. Deborah Axelrod's above excellent skills as a Doctor & Surgeon. She is knowledgeable, has great bedside manners, and explains the diagnosis with a detail explanation of the facts, but with respect and compassion. I felt 100% being in her care and refused any second opinions I was offered. I am so lucky to have been referred to her and to have the honor of meeting such a great talented surgeon and beautiful person as is Dr Axelrod. L.B.B.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

Many surgeons just perform the procedure and then they are finished with you. Dr. Axelrod is very caring -- she called the night before the procedure to see how I was doing, and was very supportive during the hospital stay and after. Her team is very organized and work together very well. She is very good at explaining what you need to know before, during and after your procedure.

Submitted August 12, 2014

I am celebrating my 8th year of being cancer free today. I was diagnosed with a very rare form of breast cancer, and Dr. Axelrod knew exactly what it was, as well as her pathologist. She did not "sugar" coat anything. She told me exactly what had to be done, and it had to be done ASAP. After being home, I received a notice that I needed to have more surgery. I panicked. I called her office, she was in surgery, and needless to say, she spoke to me from the operating room telling me everything was fine, and I didn't need another surgery. She is tops in her field. I would recommend anyone to go see her.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

Having completed two surgeries with Dr. Axelrod over the last three years, she continues to be a superior oncological surgeon. She is very thorough and is not quick to bring her patients back to the operating room. She is on top of all breast cancer surgical and oncological techniques and will translate with ease to her patients. This is a very well run office. Starting with the receptionist to the nurses, you always feel well taken care of at all times. Dr. Axelrod instills confidence in her patients and makes herself available. She understands both the physical and emotional pieces of breast cancer. These critical skills contribute to her success. Dr. Axelrod and her staff are a very caring team.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2014

She is the most knowledgeable doctor you can find. She is caring and compassionate with a no nonsense approach to everything. She is a tireless advocate for women. When not in her office or at the hospital she is conducting seminars for women. She saved my life 16 years ago.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013