Ratings for Dr. Seth J. Herbst

Completely inconsiderate. Very dispassionate. Could care absolute less about patients, their care or well-being. Save yourself the trouble, find a Doctor, staff and facility that cares. This one most definitely does not. So very disappointed with their inefficiencies to even skim much less read patient's charts, ability to communicate or even honor appointments. DONT GO HERE!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

........'....'...............'..,,,.......'.........

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

I met with two other physicians before choosing Dr Herbst. His knowledge and experience in the field were the deciding factors for me. I drive over an hour and sometimes wait (he delivers babies) to see him, but each time it is worth it. He takes time with me explaining the problem and the proper course of treatment. He is very caring and extremely professional.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

I used to love Dr Herbst. I was referred to him by a Jewish day school where I worked as a teacher's aide. This is back when his son Daniel was in kindergarten. I didn't want to have more children so he suggested the adiana for me. He did it half way. One of my tubes needed a special device to get to it. He said he was going to order it from NC. That was 4 years ago. I'm still waiting for his call. I called numerous times and spoke to everyone in his office. Nobody communicates with each other. I had to tell my story every time I called. I talked to one of his assistants, can't remember her name. She was very condescending. He called me once to tell me I had to have another mammogram because it came out questionable. The problem is I never had a mammogram done with him (shocker!!). When I said to him that maybe he was calling me because the device had arrived, he said Ohhh maybe that's why I was calling". What a joke! He was giving me wrong information. Very disappointing for sure and very sad. Who knows how many people got the wrong diagnose.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

flag | Submitted June 1, 2014

flag | Submitted May 23, 2012

Hysterectomy specialists & there was a study that hysterectomies are rarely necessary, but don't tell Herbst that. These unnecessary surgeries is the way he pays his lavish lifestyle including cesareans. So please get a 2nd opinion from a real professional before you make a huge mistake you can't reverse. Not enough profit in checkups alone I guess?? Be careful and don't let it happen to you.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2011

At one time Dr. Herbst was my favorite Dr. But things have changed in his office. There is a passive aggressive negativity, like not returning calls, condescending remarks, rather than outright abuse and aggressive or sarcastic comments rather than straight forward insults. Dr. Herbst sets the tone for the office and it has created a corrosive atmosphere for the entire practice affecting the staff and their behavior towards the patients. More importantly, I no longer trust Dr. Herbst's decision making abilities as a physician. His cavalier attitude suggests a dismissive disregard of me as an unpleasant but necessary role he must play to continue to pay his bills. I have found another practice where the Dr. embraces her role as an OB/GYN, where the staff returns my phone calls, and where I leave the office feeling there is an atmosphere of mutual respect amongst all the parties. I wish I had made the switch sooner.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2011

I never write bad reviews about a DR. I was referred by my fertility specialist and it was the wrost visit every!!! As I sat in his office and waited, he went directly to the computer and said (without looking at me) so what's your name? I'm thinking does he have my chart! I said my name, then he proceed to say what are you here for? I explained my entire health profile, miscarriages, fibroids etc...he diagnoised me with removing my uterus or myomectomy without even doing an ultrasound!!! What a waste of money and time! I traveled 1 hour to visit him only to be completely disappointment. I didn't schedule another appointment- looking for another doctor.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

flag | Submitted April 30, 2011

Dr. Seth J. Herbst's Credentials

• Univ Del Noreste, Esc De Med, Tampico, Tamaulipas, Mexico (Grad. 1983)

Harvard-Pilgrim