Ratings for Dr. Sherwin E. Hua

The worst patient service I have ever experienced in my life! The staff never answers the phone and always have an attitude! Two months and counting now and still waiting for a surgery date and when I call his assistant Kate, she has a complete attitude with me and yells at me? Excuse me? How dare you! We are patients trying to get our health problems resolved. If It wast for me constantly calling they wouldn't be doing anything. Do your job and maybe I wouldn't have to call and check up on you every day! I hope Dr. Hua is worth the huge headache and disrespect I hate encountered dealing with his staff, he really needs to evaluate his staff and how they are treating his patients and representing him.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Worst patient service I ever experienced from this doctor and staff. His assistants Vanessa/Dawn in Fremont office doesn't answer their phones or returns messages. The doctor doesn't respond his email. I waited over two months for a surgery date, but no one contact me or gives me updates. I found out from another assistant that the doctor is leaving the Fremont office without informing his patients. Very unprofessional.

Submitted April 12, 2016

Dr. Sherwin E. Hua

Dr. Sherwin E. Hua's response
I apologize for your inconvenience. Dr. Hua was in the process of moving his Fremont office out of FORM (Farwell Dr.) during this time. The new office is at 39350 Civic Center Dr. #260, Fremont CA, phone 408-929-5610

Submitted May 11, 2016

Dr. Sherwin E. Hua

Dr. Sherwin E. Hua's response
Vanessa and Dawn are employees at Fremont Orthopedic and Rehabilitative Medicine (FORM) at Farwell Dr. They are not Dr. Hua's employees. In order to maintain control, quality and consistency of patient care, Dr. Hua is seeing patients in his own office using his own staff at 39350 Civic Center Dr. #260, Fremont, CA phone 408-929-5610. He also see patients in several other offices around the Bay area. Please excuse any inconvenience caused by this transition. We hope to provide the highest quality care and customer service by constantly improving and growing. Thank you for your feedback.

Submitted May 19, 2016

Best surgeon ever! Would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

After a 9 hour surgery on my neck, from C-2 to C-7 fixing another Drs mistake, I was pain free and have been so for 4 years. Prior to the surgery I was a shutin never leaving my house because of the pain. If I could I would build a statue to Dr.Hua, he is that good!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2013

Great outcome, Fast recovery. Busy office but worth it.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

worst surgeon i've ever had. almost 2 hrs wait time average on 3 visits. front office doesn't care and rude.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2011

Dr. Hua was my surgeon for a cervical discectomy and fusion. The surgery went well and I have no pain in my right hand, arm or shoulder. I wish that I would have done it sooner.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2009

Dr. Hua has been very helpful with my questions. Dr. Hua is a very brillant man and also very kind. I would definently recommend him. He did my neck surgery and back surgery amd I'm doing great. Thanks Dr. Hua!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2008

Dr. Sherwin E. Hua's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Sherwin Hua is a John Hopkins trained, board certified Neurosurgeon who specializes in treating back and neck conditions with minimally invasive surgery, endoscopic spine surgery and other motion preserving techniques. He uses the most advanced techniques such as artificial disc replacement (TDR), laminoplasty, Coflex, and spinal cord stimulation to help patients relieve pain and dysfunction while avoiding spinal fusion whenever possible. If a fusion is needed, he is able to perform the most minimally invasive fusion by using a Dime sized incision for most single level lumbar fusions. His philosophy is "less is more" and has been able to successfully treat thousands of patients with lamina sparing decompression surgery that avoids laminectomy.

• Chinese
  • Vietnamese
  • Spanish

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1998)
  • Johns Hopkins University (Grad. 2005)

• Spinal stenosis