Ratings for Dr. William H. Leone

This is the only Pain Clinic I have ever been to. I started going here when Dr. Ladson was here. He was a great doctor! He was the first Pain Doctor I went to. I was Informed he had left and wouldn't be back only after I asked specifically to see him. I saw Dr. Hill one time. Then I only saw nurses again. I was seeing a Awesome nurse Jenna and we were discussing treatment plans once I got my Health Insurance! But, she left the clinic. The nurse I saw 2 months later I had Never even seen her in the clinic & Dont even know her name. But I asked her about a few things I had talked to my previous nurse about and she blew everything out of proportion. I asked her a simple quiestion. Is there any procedure i can have done so i can cut back on my pain meds. She wanted me to have some procedure on my back that I knew nothing about. And never answered my quiestions about it and never even checked my records to make sure i hadnt already had it done before! I needed more info before going through a painful procedure that may or may not help. I called the clinic & explained in detail why I wanted to cancel the procedure until I knew more about it and also to make sure I wasn't fixing to repeat a procedure I had done on my back a few years ago that made my pain worse! I go to my next appointment expecting to be thoroughly informed on this procedure & to also make sure it wasn't the one I had already had done on my back. Shocked this "Doctor" walks in & immediately starts degrading me like I'm not even human! First thing he says is I'm not going to give you a refill on your pain medicine because you went against doctors orders. You just dont want to get better do you? I explained my situation as to why I had canceled & still noone took the time to make sure this wasn't the procedure I'd already went through. I told him I didn't say I wouldn't have the procedure done I just wanted more information about it as well as make sure I was having a different procedure done. He degraded me more & hurt my feelings. I told him I would love to not have to take pain medication & not be in pain constantly. I told him I've Never missed one appointment since I started coming there & I have Never failed a drug test! He was so disrespectful to me for No reason except he thought he could judge me, degrade me, mistreat me & then he would make more money off of my Insurance now! He misread me thinking i would put up with all of this to continue getting my pain meds! After he made sure I agreed to reset my procedures he decided he could write me my meds for way less than half of what I had been on for years! When I walked out the door that day I'd NEVER been so shocked or humiliated by anyone, much less a suppose to be Professional Doctor who had my health in his hands! To find out after years of going to a clinic this is probably why i only saw nurses! Anybody who goes to this clinic will eventually figure it all out for themselves! And also that day this "doctor" stood over me degrading and belittling me is the Only time anyone in this clinic ever stayed in the room with me for more than 10 minutes besides Jenna! And all because I as a patient just innocently only wanted more information on this extremely painful procedure & to make sure I wasn't repeating the same extremely painful procedure that only made my back hurt more than it ever has! I never went through withdrawals myself but if you think this doctor would care You are so Wrong! He Only Cares About Money and Being A Big Bully!!! Believe me there is a lot of Pain Clinics around with Real Pain Doctors Who Actually Care About Their Patients!! Google is full of comments on doctors. Make sure you check out these doctors before you put your life and health in their hands! You're Worth It And You Deserve The Best....Remember That!!! Nobody should ever let Anybody mistreat them for any reason and Especially Not A So Called Doctor Who Doesn't Even Know Your Name!! I won't repeat what all he said to me or the threats he made until I agreed to this procedure I still knew Nothing about. I did self discharge myself from the clinic and I will Never go back there! I am thoroughly involved with my health care and I always will be. I weened myself off the pain meds and I'd like to tell you I'm not in pain anymore but I am and I probably always will be! But what I won't be is any doctors Guinea Pig to Experiment on just for more money! I actually had to finally call the clinic myself to find out what the procedure was that i'd previously had done on my back that made it hurt worse! I Finally had my answer after 4 months! Trigger Point Injections! They took all they will ever get from me that was worth more than any amount of money! I now have a really difficult time trusting any doctor! You're suppose to be a Doctor try to remember your Oath! Remember also Everybody is not an Addict!!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2017

This "clinic" seems like nothing more than a "pill mill." I have been a patient here for nearly 3 years, changing Nurse Practitioners 3 times, hoping to find one who would actually listen to me, and offer additional, viable solutions to my pain, in addition to medication. The medication does make a huge difference, but I prefer to take as little as possible. I work full time, and am seeking solutions to being able to work with the least amount of pain possible. When asking for solutions, in addition to medication, the NPs all revert back to suggesting the same things that have never helped: injections, nerve blocks or physical therapy. I did go to their physical therapy, as recommended. Their physical therapy involved laying me on a table with some sort of rotating device running up and down my back, followed by the physical therapist spraying my shoulders with some sort of topical pain reliever. Suffice it to say, this was not helpful at all. I haven't seen an actual doctor in over a year and a half, in spite of specifically requesting an appointment with Dr. Leone. When I showed up for what I believed was an appointment to see Dr. Leone, I instead saw another NP. I told her I had made my appointment specifically with Dr. Leone, and she simply stated that he wasn't there. I am left with the impression that this practice is interested only in getting as many patients through their doors in a day as possible, without any true desire to be of medical help to anyone. All of the NPs I've seen give me the impression that I'm taking up too much of their time when I ask questions. They seem to become irritated and frustrated with my questions, and always go back to telling me I should again try things, such as injections, which haven't worked for me previously. I am currently in the process of searching for another provider.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

The worst experience I've ever had as far as a doctor goes. I've been going there for seven months and have NEVER seen an actual doctor..I have seen a PA by the name of Linda Wade and she's the most rude, uncaring, quick to judge, and unprofessional person I ever met in my life!! I've had 4 major spinal surgeries along with several other very painful issues going on in my spine and from the first time I walked in the door, she's treated me like nothing but a drug addict..I would NEVER recommend anyone to go to this place full of money hungry quacks who could care less if you were in pain or NT!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Leone for the past 12 years. I have RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy) as well as several bulging discs and arthritis in several areas of my spine which all cause severe pain. Dr. Leone originally diagnosed my RSD and other problems and in my opinion is a Godsend. He worked with me using different drugs and procedures until he found the best for my pain. I have never had any problems getting an appointment and have been able to see Dr. Leone whenever needed. His staff both at the Pain Management Group clinic and at the Tenn. Pain Surgery Center have always been kind and helpful. I have always been seen in a reasonable time. I think some patients get angry because they are not given the drugs they want. Dr. Leone has always been careful in regard to prescribing medicines to ensure that I was not over medicated but that my pain was controlled as much as possible. I only have praise for Dr. Leone. I do not know what I would do without his medical care.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2012

Where do I begin? This was by far the most disappointing and confusing doctor's visit I've ever experienced. The staff was fairly helpful, but Dr. Leone was the most rude, unhelpful, and arrogant man I have ever seen. Being in a vulnerable position as a patient is difficult enough without his unwarranted opinions on my physical appearance, personal beliefs and lifestyle. Who would have known that casual conversation would lead to his degrading comments? Top it all off with the fact that his diagnosis lacked detail, and he seemed too busy to properly inform me. I have never been so disrespected and demeaned. PLEASE do not see this doctor. There are plenty out there doing a much better job both personally and professionally. Apparently they don't teach those things in Grenada, West Indies (which is where Dr. Leone attended medical school).

flag | Submitted October 14, 2012

He knew what he was doing and helped my pain tremendously when others did not.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2012

In April or 2010, I was in Dr. Leone's surgery center to have a routine removal of a trial spinal cord stimulator. With a couple of well-placed mirrors, I could have done it myself. Dr.Leone, who was in such a hurry that he didn't bother to close the curtain for privacy, instead of just snipping the suture holding the wire in place, also snipped the lead, leaving 8 inches of it inside me, in the vicinity of my spinal column. The result was major surgery to remove the wire and a months-long delay in getting my permanent spinal cord stimulator. I nearly forgot to mention that Dr. Leone did not bother to tell me of his 'error' and let me leave his surgery center believing all was well. He called me later to tell me what had occurred. I would dearly love to put this all behind me, but I have a 4-inch scar in the middle of my back, some numbness, and the sting of being passed off to a surgeon and then ignored as if nothing happened. Knowledge does not always result in quality care. Sad...

flag | Submitted November 27, 2011

Where do i begin? I went to this clinic for almost 10 years,When i first started going there. It was just a small clinic in Madison tenn. Dr Long was a fine man when i started going, when he left and Dr.Leone took over, It was very depressing every visit. Dr.Long would make sure everyone was treated fairly and get good treatment.. Then Dr. Leone came along.. The physicians were the scape goat, They had to tell me that unfortunately they were ALL about making money. NOT treating the patients. And a couple of the P.A.'s really enjoyed playing GOD .When i left there i hated the thought of having to come back,but had no choice at the time..Finally i learned that this was true.I was told to find another Doctor. Another doctor names Dr. Miller referred me to another doctor,in my medical records.Hestated i could not afford to come to their clinic anymore, that the money i psid them and what medicare paid them was not enough.iam paraphrasing,I think Dr.Leone is a melignant narcisist.avoid him

flag | Submitted December 27, 2009

Dr Leone and I got into a political discussion when he criticized the Obama plans to help the economy recovery. He believed that the money should be given to the "job creators" and not ythe needy. He said that he was a conservative and that he felt threatened by my critical commenta about the prior 8 years administration. He refused to give me pain shot that my Dr had recommended. I thought it very strange that he also told me that he was so financially astute that he had his 2 million dollar home in Brentwood paid for. When we checked in, my wife and I both observed that the employes in his reception area avoided eye contact and it took them 15 minutes to tell us to go to a different office because we were new patients. This was the srtangest Doctor visit I have ever had.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2009

This is the best pain management doctor I have found after going to at least 4. He has gone beyond his responsibilities to see that I have what I need in the way of tests, prescriptions and surgical treatments. I highly recommend Dr. Leone for anyone near Nashville, Tn.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2008

Dr. William H. Leone's Credentials

• St George's Univ, School Of Medicine, St George's, Grenada (Grad. 1992)

Secure Horizons