Ratings for Dr. Amir A. Afkhami

I found Dr. Afkhami to be authentic, intuitive and intellectually diligent in his approach. He takes notes, while I am talking to him, which no other therapist has done, in my experience. He is an active listener and his responses to what I say indicate his acumen in issue spotting, and therefore, are extremely helpful. He has taught me the value in paying attention to how I feel in stead of stressing over a situation. This has helped me to realize that circumstances do not matter as much as the degree of importance I attach to them. I have recommended him in the past and will continue to do so i the future. He also has a great sense of humor and is very approachable in demeanor. If you have tried other therapists, as I have, been unable to build rapport, and take your sense of well-being seriously, you might consult Dr. Afkhami.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

Does not care to get to know you as a patient. Prescribes you a med, you leave, you pay, that's it. I found him very rude. I was 20 years old at the time I saw him, and perhaps my age is the reason he was so utterly rude and not caring. He also pretends to be an expert in CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) as well. Stick to one thing doc - and let a true CBT specialist, who is caring and professional, handle talk therapy. (Which by the way is very helpful).

flag | Submitted December 4, 2013

Dr. Afkhami has worked with me on generalized anxiety for almost a year now. Within the first month I noticed improvements in my perception of workplace situations and therefore my ability to modify my approach to get a better result. He uses cognitive behavioral therapy which really has helped me. He is genuinely concerned about his patient's well-being and is gentle yet straight-forward, which works well for me.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2012

Dr. Afkhami is skilled in diagnosis and careful in calibrating medications. He is gentle with the very ill and frank about what can and cannot be done about various conditions. In short, he is terrific.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2010

Dr. Afkhami is friendly, knowledgeable and very effective in mitigating anxiety and stress during conflict.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2010

He is a great doctor and he is easy to talk to. Very knowledgeable in his field and very pleasant personality.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2009

Dr. Afkhami is intelligent and compassionate, he helped my family through a very difficult period in our lives.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2008

Dr. Amir A. Afkhami's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)

HealthPartners