Ratings for Dr. Jan Quaegebeur

I had a rare condition called double-chambered right ventricle (DCRV), dr Q performed my surgery, he is an artist, very smart and precise. I discovered my condition just before my wedding! and he cared to perform the best incision you could ask for so it doesnt show high on my chest, so I can still wear my wedding dress. We are so gratefull and thankfull I even have no words to thank dr.Q , he is an angel who saved my life and gave me a normal life with no medications or constraints. He is an amazing man who I will forever be thankful to.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

I appreciate what you've done! You are an amazing surgeon that's giving many children & adults the chance to live. Thank you.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

He is the closest to God I will get while alive. Performed ASD repair on my child who is now perfectly healthy. He is the top in his field and it's obvious why- he has dedicated his life to pediatric cardiac surgery.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

2/27/08 a date burned into my brain forever. My daughter had a rare heart condition called Subaortic stenosis. after 10 yrs of going to 3 states 3 childrens hospitals for 3 opinions it was Dr Q that said its go time. He saved my daughters life. She is an all star cheerleader with NO limitations. repaired her like new and i am forever grateful beyond comprehension. He is not God, but he is the closest possible thing i can ever imagine. thanks Dr Q~

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

My son was born with tga in 5/2014. Dr q performed his surgery and saved his life. He is an amazing man who I will forever be thankful to.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

My son was operated on by Dr. Quaegebeur at 6 months old in 1994. He repaired his ASD, VSD and pulmonary stenosis. My son is now 20 and has a healthy heart. I credit Dr. Q for saving my son's life and would recommend him without reservation. He was excellent! My experience taught me that if you have a baby or child that needs heart surgery, do your homework and find a first class, reputable cardiac surgeon that specializes in operating ONLY on children. Good luck!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015

Dr. Q operated on our son when he was only a few days old. We hoped he could save his life. Sadly our story did not have the same happy ending as the other people who posted here. He did meet with us before and after our son's surgery. I remember the staff being optimistic about the surgery but looking back on on it maybe not as honest as they should l been about his chances.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

Dr. Q and his staff are knowledgable and instrumental in saving my granddaughter Isla's life who was born with TGA on 9/29/2009. Not only did he save her at birth but two days later he saved her twice more during TGA surgery then she arrested following surgery. She is now three yrs. old with a very normal happy life. She brings us so much joy and we thank Dr. Q. for his expertise.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2012

My daughter had transposition of the great vessels almost 20 years ago. We were blessed that Dr.Q(as he is called) worked at Columbia Presbyterian. At the time, it was my understanding that there were 2 surgeons in the world that did this surgery. Even some of the other MD's referred to him as "God". The surgery was very successful and we will be greatful to him for the rest of our lives. My daughter is now almost 20 and runs 3-4 miles a day. Thank you Dr.Q.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2012

Amazing miracle worker. Performed 3 surgeries on my son's multiple heart defects during first 4 years of life. He is now a thriving teenager looking forward to his senior year in high school. He would not be alive if not for Dr. Q.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2012

Dr. Jan Quaegebeur's Credentials

• Kath Univ Leuven, Fac Der Geneeskunde, Leuven, Belgium (Grad. 1969)