Ratings for Dr. Joseph P. Hughes

I have never met a more compassionate man. He is the true meaning of a Doctor. He is a treasure and treated my husband with such kindness, like a lifelong friend. He explained all options and answered all our questions. I just have honestly never met a Doctor who is this sincere.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

My husband and I HIGHLY recommend Dr. J.P. Hughes. He took time before our colonoscopies to talk to us, to reassure us and to see if we had any questions for him. My husband said that the minute he walked in the Dr. Hughes office, he felt calm and peace come over him. It was funny because the same feeling came over me.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2014

Drastically improved quality of life with friendly service and knowledgeable in all areas of concern

flag | Submitted June 23, 2013

We LOVED Dr.Hughes him and his staff were so accommodating with fast scheduling of appointments and my husbands surgery. He explained everything knowledgably to both of us.He has alleviated so much stress and worry from both our lives. WE WOULD HIGHLY RECOMEND HIM! What a rare thoughtful kind and considerate man. My husband has seen numerous other Dr.'s and none ever "really" seemed to care we would always go home with the same concerns and worries we went in with but Dr. Hughes on our first visit gave us answers and solutions. We are so thankful we found him !

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

Because of a history of colon cancer and hemorrhoids I have been seeing proctologists since I was 21 (almost 40 years). Dr. Hughes has spoiled me! I've been going to him for 15 years and have never had a complaint. The only negative I can think of is that some day he will retire and I'll have to find another doctor.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

This is my third colonoscopy by Dr Hughes and he is still a very caring physician and thorough with his procedures. After my colonoscopy he returned once to let me know the findings and a second time to check if I was ready for a drink and a cookie, I consider that "going the extra mile". i have also sat in on colorectal Cancer lectures which were very informative and a bit of humor followed by questions. Would I recommend him to others? I already have and will continue to do so.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013

Dr. Preston Hughes is one of the most kind and professional doctors I have been too. He did a great job of my surgery and has wonderful bedside manners. He treats patients well. He also willingly answered my post-op questions over the phone (no extra charge.) An all around great Doctor! He also discovered during surgery, other health issues that I had been trying to get answers about from other doctors. Because of doctor Hughes I will finally be able to address these issues properly with my doctor. Whereas before it was considered a mystery and I had been undergoing many difficult tests to find the source of this health problem. I think it shows a lot of integrity and kindness to alert patients to health issues outside of their specialty, so that the patients overall health is addressed.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2011

Dr. Hughes was extremely helpful with our situation. He got us right in, schedule my husband for the much needed surgery. Excellent service and he is very professional.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2010

I didn't like him, I would never return to him, he isn't very nice.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2008

Dr Hughes is great. Sometimes you have to wait a while, but that's because he will squeeze you in at the last second if you are suffering. He listens and cares. I don't believe that he has yelled or belittled anyone, as an earlier post said. Unlike 99% of the doctors out there, he will actually talk to you on the phone if you call in with a problem. His rectal surgery on me was quick and fairly painless, solved years of problems for good. What a saint of a man.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2008

Dr. Joseph P. Hughes's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1969)