Ratings for Dr. Darryl E. Appleton

I was not sleeping for at least 4 weeks. Went to has clinic in Toronto for a sleep study then consult with Dr. Appleton. He was terrific. Gave me a medication plan which helped me sleep. He is helping me through reducing with the goal of eliminating the medications. nothing but good things to say about Dr. Appleton

flag | Submitted May 22, 2016

I cant say enough positive things about Dr. Appleton and his clinic. My sleep experience at the clinic was so relaxing and I must say even enjoyable.(Even with all the wires attached) The staff at the clinic are kind, gentle, professional and explained everything in detail. The rooms are like hotel rooms...very comfortable and inviting. I had been to another sleep clinic several years ago and it truly was a nightmare and absolutely useless. I highly recommend the clinic. As for Dr. Appleton, what a great doctor. He is such a compassionate and easy doctor to talk to. He went over my results from the sleep study in great detail. I truly feel like I'm finally going to get the help I need for my sleep problems. Thank you so much!!!!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

Professional, personable, caring, punctual, truly caring. Comes across as genuinely interested in the patient's well being. Antonio Sanchez

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

My experience with Dr. Appleton has been life changing. Before seeing him, every day was a struggle. My sleeping disorder was taking over my life and the smallest tasks seemed hard to accomplish. I was at my wits end and decided to look online for a sleep specialist. I choose Dr. Appleton because of his good reviews and I've been truly thankful ever since. Once he reviewed my sleep studies, he was able to diagnose my disorder and gave me the necessary medication to make me feel like a "normal" person. The process did not happen overnight. It took a few months to find the right dosage and medication that best fits my needs. However, the patience paid off and my outlook on life has completely transformed. I know that my sleeping disorder has no permanent cure but it's such as relief to know that it can be controlled with proper medication. Thank you Dr. Appleton, I'm forever grateful! -Michelle

flag | Submitted October 30, 2013

Pure compassion. Went in monday sept 16 2013. Best doctor I have ever had. Understood so well what I was goin through. We both did psychology, although he is well trained and impressive. Very happy to have met him.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013

He was great. Best I have found to address the real problem and not just throw a cpap at it. He does not take Humana but is working on it. It is worth the out of pocket for me.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013

Dr. Appleton is proof that heroes do exist. I came to see him with a sleep disorder and several mental health issues. Like many people I found myself losing faith that I could be helped. My previous doctors all failed to truly help me. After my first visit with Dr. Appleton I felt a sense of hope. I finally felt like I found a doctor who cared about my well being and proper treatment.  In the last year he corrected my sleep disorder and has helped me tremendously with my mental health issues.  He has gone above and beyond for me. Dr. Appleton is a Top Doc, no he actually is a Super Doc. For those reading this who are thinking about seeing him, just do it. You will be happy you did.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2012

Dr. Appleton is a very kind man who's easy to talk to. Appointments are easy to get and to change if necessary.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2011

Dr. Appleton is by far the best doctor I've encountered thus far. As anyone who has hunted for a decent psychiatrist knows finding the right fit for yourself can be a trying task. I'm very thankful to have found this website and to have seen all the positive ratings. Everyone here is correct in their assessment of his character, professionalism and overall sincerity and ability to treat the issues he encounters. Dr. Appleton is extremely considerate and has a very warm personality, and I've found it very soothing and satisfying discussing my problems with him. He takes as much time as needed to discuss the issues at hand and how to treat them, and also takes time out to further explore and assist his patients and their other personal troubles. He goes far above and beyond his professional call of duty. He makes every effort to make my sessions with him worth the time and expense. In the few short months I've known him I've accomplished a great deal with his help. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2011

After a long search for a doctor with experience in treating narcolepsy, I found Dr. Appleton. He is sincerely kind, caring, accomodating and down to earth. Most important are his knowledge, research and patient experience in sleep medicine and psychiatry/neurology and pharmacology. I highly recommend

flag | Submitted September 1, 2010