Ratings for Dr. Wallace K. Larson

Stay away from this doctor, using term doctor very lightly. Rude, poor bed side manner. somehow makes diagnosis with no MRI, or other medical information then asking questions.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

I had CARPEL TUNNEL in both hands. Dr. Larson did my RIGHT hand - cut straight up the palm - it was HORRIBLE, painful and healed terribly. My right hand to this day still hurts & is forming scar tissue. Not to mention that I waited in the OR prepped and ready for surgery for over TWO HOURS since he was late. He was supposed to come in and ensure I was ok BEFORE and AFTER surgery - nope. His bedside manner is lacking. Needless to say I refused to go back to him for my RIGHT hand. I had my left hand done endoscopically and I cannot tell you what a completely different experience and surgery it was compared to my right hand. My left hand, that the other doctor did has healed and you can barely see any scarring - that doctor knew what he was doing. Dr. Larson never even MENTIONED to me that there might be a different way of doing the surgery besides HIS way. I feel that he should have at least let me know there were other options especially since the outcome and healing were so very different and better endoscpically.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

I saw Dr. Larson when my hand surgeon retired and I developed tendonitis. He kept me waiting in a freezing room for over an hour, then came in with no handshake or acknowledgement or even a smile. He never touched my hand, never examined it, just glanced at it and wanted to do more surgery. I explained that would not be an option for several months and asked him to inject the tendon. He refused. He offered me no options but surgery. It will be a cold day in hell before I go back to see Dr. Personality.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

I have had surgery on my finger quite some years ago, but still remember how very, very unfriendly his staff was, to the point were one of the assistants slammed a door close in rage. Dr. Larsen was stiff, did not explain much, came across as very arrogant. I had to wait until evening for my surgery which was scheduled for the morning. No food or water. Awful.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2008

He is like a politician, he never stuck to any care plan he gave me, he changed his plan according to what my workman''s comp wanted. He had to rewrite two prescriptions because he left out important information. I had surgery and I could him or his staff to call in pain medications, and was told there was a 24 hour wait for prescriptions but he only worked 4 days a week. His care and concern for the patient lacks much and he missed a break in my leg caught by my workmans comp. dr.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2008

Dr. Wallace K. Larson's Credentials

• Univ Of Ma Med Sch, Worcester Ma 01655 (Grad. 1977)