Ratings for Dr. Michael A. Allon

I have never met a doctor that is more compassionate, humble, or grateful.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2016

I went to Dr. Allon for approximately 8 months and was diagnosed with PCOS. We stated during one of the many consultations he orders patients to do that he wanted me to take medication(s) to stimulate ovulation then an injection to induce ovulation. Keep in mind that I was prescribed this treatment for 3 cycles; the first cycle gave us several follicles, but no pregnancy. So my husband and I decided that we would try the HSG test. All he stated was that it was not perfect (I am still trying to figure out what that means) and stated that day that I did not have to worry about anything and we would not need to have surgery to see what's going on just yet. Fast forward a couple of weeks and now I am needing surgery and daily injections. Every time I left his office I was sobbing. It felt like I was just a number to him and he did not really take the time to go over everything with my husband and I despite the hour plus we would spend there waiting. However worse than that, he would prescribe a treatment and would tell us nothing about it until we were ready to leave when one of his ill-equipped nurses would tell us. This continual cycle always left me dreading my appointments with him, not to mention his nursing staff who have no bedside manners whatsoever. There was only one practitioner who I felt truly comfortable with and unfortunately that was not Dr. Allon. Needless to say, after much coaxing from my family and friends I have decided to enlist the services of another doctor by obtaining a second opinion. My advice...go to someone who will actually listen to your concerns, review your medical work, and treat you like a human being instead of a dollar amount on his paycheck.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015

Have you ever felt like everyone else around you has a life that is growing and changing and yours is standing still? You look around and realize that years have gone by and that family that you were planning to have STILL hasn’t happened. That was me for 3 years. Those were the hardest years of my life and also some of the best. This may sound ridiculous, but infertility changed my life. My life was a roller coaster 100% of the time but it was during that time that I found my faith in God and in medicine. After 3 doctors and numerous cyles of fertility treatments, I was referred to Dr. Allon from a fabulous endocrinologist located in the heart of Houston. I was diagnosed with PCOS a year after trying to conceive and my endocrinologist insisted that Dr. Allon was the best and that he could help me. I made my first appointment and had a timeline typed up so he could see all of the previous doctors and procedures that I had been through. Dr. Allon listened to every word I said. He insisted that he could help me and that in no time he would have me pregnant! We immediately scheduled a hysteroscopy. Dr. Allon discussed the results with us and after lots of prayer and support from family and friends, my husband and I agreed that IVF would be our best option. I had such a good feeling about this place! When I walked through the door at Advanced Fertility, the staff knew me and always offered words of encouragement. Shelby helped us get everything together on the financial end of things. This could have been stressful but she made everything simple and easy! Once we got everything ironed out, Amber became a new name and number on my speed dial. She was my IVF coordinator. She was there every.step.of.the.way. During my IVF cycle, I feel like I talked to her daily. She was ALWAYS so pleasant and wonderful! Taking all of the medicine was a bit scary but she walked me through every single step and made me feel confident. Sandy was usually my ultrasound tech and she was fabulous! She always made me feel comfortable and let me know exactly what was going on and what to expect. Mira helped us get all of the genetic testing information set up. She was extremely helpful! There was never a time when she wasn’t smiling and offering positive thoughts! Alex was Dr. Allon’s right hand lady. She was present for every procedure. She had a calming nature about her that I’ll never forget. I am so thankful that she was there at such a vulnerable time! Overall, every person that I came in contact with was AMAZING! I visited my clinic numerous times and every experience was wonderful! I cannot say enough about them. It is obvious that they understand the nature of infertility and they take the guess work out of everything. The IVF process is a long, tough road, but four months after my first appointment, I got the best call of my life! I was PREGNANT! I cannot even describe the excitement that I felt that day! All the glory goes to God who gave Dr. Allon the hands to do his work! Today, my husband and I are the proud parents of a healthy baby boy named Ty. I know we will be back in the future so Ty can have siblings! I have all the confidence in the world that round 2 will be just as successful! Words could never express the sincere gratitude and thanks that we feel! Our baby is a true miracle and we couldn’t feel more blessed!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

Staff was rube, and very unprofessional. While waiting for appointment on 6/5/15, you can over hear a skin short hair girl talk about the staff. When asked a "financially " questions the girl had an attitude and did not know what she talking about and couldn't give a direct answer. Will not be spending my money at the place nor would I recommend to any one.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Thanks to Dr Allon and his team, in 2 months from today, we will meet our bundle of joy.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

Dr. Allon was the first doctor who cared that I had PCOS even though I wasn't trying to have a baby. I suspected I was pre-diabetic, but my GP and gyno before didn't care. He gave me meds to help me lose weight, a diet plan, and pointed me to the nutritionist in his office when I had problems. I love the nurse practitioner in his office, Mary. She's helpful, and I've never felt hurried in his office, or when talking to him. He is overly nice, though, so it wasn't clear to me at first how serious my problem was.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

I have been with dr.allon for over 14 years. I've been a patient since before his fertility endeavors....he not only saved my life from which another renowned fertility Dr. Misled me and almost cost me my life. Even after he stated gotta fetility quest and no longer did gyn.work because i refused to see his practitioner he still elected to do the mundane duty of my gyn.exams. (i now do see the practioner Mary and she's wonderful ).I'm 46 now and have began the ivf process where other drs only have turned me away due to age he did not. Yes there is a wait but the staff and himself are nothing

flag | Submitted October 4, 2014

Thank you Dr. Allon, our IVF coordinators, the financial team and other staff. You are my angels! YOU helped us achieve our goal to expand our family. Thank you for your support and your staffs willingness to listen. I personally had a great experience. Once again, thank you;)

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

Dr Allon and his staff are patient kind and caring. They take time to make sure you really understand the process. His staff bent over backwards helping us file what was claimable with insurance, and broke down payment options for us. Dr Allon and with calm confident demeanor instilled us with confidence. Dr Allon wins the Top Docs award annually, and it is easy to see why. We had been trying for 7 years with a variety of over fertility specialist, with no positive results. We are now pregnant thanks to Dr Allon. We also have friends who tried with other doctors and failed, but have been successful with Dr Allon. You have to ask youself, what is your goal? If it is to successfully have a child, then Dr Allon is the best in the business. Ignore some of the silly comments below. David Fiscus

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

I don't understand these negative comments? Dr. Allon has been nothing but helpful to me and my family. He spends time with his patients and does not rush through the process. He takes his time with EVERY patient. Dr. Allon recommends treatment that is best for me both financially and clinically. I disagree, things take time and will get you the best treatment.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Dr. Michael A. Allon's Credentials

• Tx Tech Univ Hlth Sci Ctr Sch Of Med, Lubbock Tx 79430 (Grad. 1990)