Ratings for Dr. Paul N. Barkopoulos

Dr. Paul Barkopoulos is exquisitely sensitive, reponsible, talented and erudite. Wait room time is irrelevant compared to the life-saving help he provides his ptients.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2011

I agree with all of the other reviews. I'm relieved to know that I'm not the only one who had these issues w/ Dr. B. Always very late, impossible to contact, impossible to get refills. Avoid.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2011

I went to see Dr Barkopoulos over several months and EVERY single time, his office rescheduled, sometimes up to 3 times. I understand that emergencies happen, however, I do not believe that every single time I saw him over several months that an emergency occurred. Rather, I think that he and his staff are not able to properly manage his schedule. The last time I went to see him, I told him that I had a bad reaction to the medication he prescribed (one that the drug maker advises to stop taking immediately). I asked what else we could try and he said he didn't know what to give me and that I would be better off getting another opinion! I was totally shocked. He had only given me ONE medication, and one that was being prescribed for an off label use. He left me with no medication & refused to prescribe anything else for me. I tried to get an immediate appt with someone else for an rx but couldn't & had to go to the emergency room. Very poor office management and irresponsible treatment.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2009

This was the most unprofessional doctor I have ever seen. Not only was my appointment canceled twice right before I was supposed to see him, but when I finally had my first appointment he was late, didn't listen to anything I said, and didn't give me the medication that had been working for me for over 2 years. My old psychiatrist retired and I figured he could prescribe me the medication that I have been on consistently for 2 years, but apparently he has is own agenda. He dressed unprofessional, his office was unprofessional, his demeanor was unprofessional and it disgusts me that people actually put their lives in his hands.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2009

Firstly, he's always running late, for the first two years, he would be up to 2 hours late for an appointment, now he's down to 45 minutes. I see him every four months to monitor my meds(not therapy. I have lost 6 people at once (to death) and subsequently became deeply depressed. I have found relief in a combination of zoloft and cytomel, and weekly visits to a psychologist (not this doctor). Dr. B. will not give any refills not even one, and this would not be an issue -- if only the office would call in or fax in the refills in a timely manner. Each month it's a struggle to get my meds. I call the pharmacy and they say that they faxed the Dr.'s Office, and I call the Dr's Office and they say they never received a fax, and it takes about 8 to 9 phone calls and several days to two weeks to get my meds. I asked the Dr. to please write me a refill, maybe for 2 months, and he will not do it, yet he says most other psychiatrists will give refills. . I will no longer go to this Doctor.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2009

Dr. Paul N. Barkopoulos's Credentials

• Univ Of Ca, Los Angeles, Ucla Sch Of Med, Los Angeles Ca 90024 (Grad. 1981)