Ratings for Dr. Chia Chi Kao

Dr. Kao is nothing short of a miracle worker. After being diagnosed with breast cancer in my left breast, I was faced with the unenviable task of trying to find the right person to perform reconstruction. Dr. Kao was by far the standout of the surgeons I met with. He was kind, smart, patient and confident, and his results are extraordinary. He is a perfectionist who has truly exceeded my expectations, everything looks even better than I ever dared hope. I feel so fortunate to have found him.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2016

I am a 44 year old mother of 3 children. Any woman who has had children knows that our breasts just aren't the same after pregnancy, weight gain and loss, and nursing. After struggling with what my girlfriends and I jokingly called "socks with change," for 10 years, I decided to consider plastic surgery. I live in the west side of Los Angeles and I began my search for "the best plastic surgeon." After interviewing about 10 famous plastic surgeons I decided to go with a Beverly Hills surgeon who came highly recommended and is famous for his "perfect breasts." I'll get back to my surgical outcome later. I decided to stay in a surgical recovery center for 2 nights so the nurses could help me take care of the surgical drains. While there, I saw women who had had face and neck lifts walking the halls dragging their IV poles and huge scary looking bandages covering most of their head and face. The sight of these bandaged and badly bruised women almost turned me away from having any more plastic surgery. Frankly, it scared me. While there, I had the opportunity to interview many of the nurses. These nurses provide post surgical care for most of the well known and respected plastic surgeons in Los Angeles, so I figured they would know who did the best work. I asked who they would use if they were to have plastic surgery and if all of the face lift patients look as scary as the ones I had seen? The answer I got from several of the nurses was Dr. Kao was different from the rest...that his patients had minimal bandaging, less swelling and bruising, and that in many instances it was hard to find the tiny incisions he made for his face lifts. I'm not great with names so I asked my husband to write his name down just in case. A few years later I decided to meet Dr. Kao to discuss the possibility of having a face and and neck lift. Dr. Kao was different than the other plastic surgeons I had interviewed a few years earlier for my breast surgery. He was polite. He was not arrogant. I did not have to spend hours in the waiting room, as I had with two of the Beverly Hills surgeons I had interviewed for my breast surgery. He took a lot of time with me and seemed to have the passion and vision of an artist. Still, the decision to have a face and neck lift was enormous and I was nervous. The surgery was long, not inexpensive, and carries the same risks as any surgical procedure. Don't forget the recovery time and what if I didn't like the results? After thinking about it for a few months I decided to go for it and scheduled my face and neck lift surgery. I was excited and nervous. My surgery also included very mild shaving of my brow bone so it was scheduled for 13 hours. Thankfully, the anesthesiologist used an anesthetic, which did not require intubation so I was breathing for myself during the surgery. I woke up in the surgical center with bruising around both eyes and some skin colored tape on my forehead. My neck felt somewhat tight from the lift. I did have a small gauze dressing around my hairline for the first day or so, but it was nothing like the "mummies" I had seen in my previous stay. I couldn't believe how good I looked day 1. Dr. Kao said there was a lot of swelling and it would take time to really see the results. It has been a year since my surgery. Two words come to mind when trying to describe Dr. Kao, TALENT and GENIUS! I am extremely happy with my surgical outcome. My friends and family who do not know I had surgery tell me I look terrific. People who have known me for years but have not seen me for a while tell me I haven't changed and I look wonderful. They can't tell I had work done! I just look good. I feel very good about my decision to have my surgery and consider myself blessed to have found a surgeon as gifted as Dr. Kao. By the way, the breast surgery I mentioned earlier that I had done by the famous Beverly Hills doctor, did not turn out right. My breasts are not smooth, don't fall nicely, and unfortunately, if I want them right I need to have another breast surgery. I plan on having Dr. Kao perform this surgery because he is simply the best. Thank you Dr. Kao!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

I cant say enough about the amazing work Dr. Kao did for me / on me! My life has changed for the better!! Dr. Kao was wonderful and comfortable to be with all of the way through the process. He is a meticulous surgeon who hold himself only to the very highest standards! His love of his work is obvious and his focus instills great confidence. two of my friends had gone to him before me and just seeing their results, I went straight to him! Kelly, who works with Dr. Kao, was lovely, warm and helpful from the very beginning of the process and all of the way through even with follow up appointments.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

He is an artist; excellent medical doctor; terrific communicator of medical techniques; a perfectionist; caring and compassionate; attentive; very intelligent; pragmatic, no "Hollywood" nonsense; to the point; perfectionist; extremely capable; reachable; family friendly; tireless; good sense of humor; great staff; uses great anesthesiologists; organized; comforting; confident; no self-aggrandizement; understands emotional needs if patient; empathetic; kind; to the point; extremely focused on the case. A terrific experience so far. Insists his patients be comfortable post-op.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

LOVE Dr.Kao and his sweet, kind, wonderful staff! I had a smooth, beautiful recovery from my abdominoplasty and feel so lucky that he was my surgeon. Perfectionism is his trademark and he is every bit the artist and talent I expected.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

I am a cancer survivor. Part of my survival depended on taking drugs that aged me far beyond my chronological years. Dr. Kao had the expertise to bring me back to my true age without anyone recognizing that I've had surgery. I can't believe how he was able to bring my skin texture back to smooth. He has erased the years and I still look natural. I am thrilled with the results.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Dr. Kao is amazing. His staff is awesome and the results are great. I had some unexpected setbacks but he never once left my side or didn't encourage me to continue. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

Dr Kao and his team are outstanding. In 2012 I was diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer. I had a double mastectomy and Dr Kao did an amazing job on my reconstruction. Dr. Kao does the surgery with no scars which no other surgeon had offered. He is smart, creative, thoughtful and not just a surgeon,but an artist. His team is outstanding and I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

Dr. Kao did amazing reconstructive surgery on me after four partial mastectomies for breast cancer. Without the use of an implant, he used an innovative procedure the result of which is that I look better than I ever did before the cancer. He is brilliant and a caring perfectionist. I cannot recommend him more highly.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

the review below submitted september 19, 2014 is just exactly how if feel about dr. kao. i am just thrilled with all the results of my reconstruction from a lumpectomy. Dr. Kao used my fat stem cells and i look great. thinner in my waist and hips and my breast are better than 30 years ago. i highly recommend his whole fabulous team. i will be back again for other procedures if i want to.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

Dr. Chia Chi Kao's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Chia Chi Kao, MD is a board-certified aesthetic plastic and reconstructive surgeon with over fifteen years of experience whom Vogue claims “is single-handedly revolutionizing the future of facelifts”. “My focus is as much on the emotional as the physical. It is not about making someone simply look younger, but giving them the gift of feeling attractive and vibrant. Beauty is timeless.” – Chia Chi Kao, MD Dr. Kao has curated his own specialized techniques for each procedure, enabling him to cause minimal disruption, prevent damage, and maintain the health and quality of the skin, most often improving it. He is also the co-founder of the KO’AN Center in Santa Monica, CA and is the creator of the new and revolutionary Ponytail Lift™ and Ponytail Facelift™ procedures. BOARD CERTIFICATION The American Board of Plastic Surgery The American Board of Surgery PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES Member of American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS) Member of American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)

• English
  • Chinese

• Univ Of Wa Sch Of Med, Seattle Wa 98195 (Grad. 1991)
  • University of Washington (Grad. 1987)

• Face-lift
  • Breast reconstruction with breast implants
  • Tummy tuck